Chicago shopping - Page 41 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
04-09-2008
trendsetter

From the Old Orchard Mall website --

That evening guests were also treated to exciting new retail announcements including the announcement of Chicago’s first Zara, an international fashion retailer renowned for current designs at amazing prices, opening this fall. This two level store, located next to Ann Taylor Loft, will offer over 22,700 square feet of fashions for men and women.

04-09-2008
V.I.P.

omg I'm so happy there is a Zara now!

so weird that it's at Old Orchard though, I'm not sure I would venture that far just for Zara

04-09-2008
front row

There is currently an Zara ad on craigslist that says there is a recruitment/hiring event on September 9th & 10th for the Old Orchard Zara location. So I guess it is opening soon. I can't waittt.

05-09-2008
trendsetter

Hopefully it'll be up by the end of the month, then? Looks like I'll have to put myself on the yellow line.

09-09-2008
trendsetter

I went into Aritizia today and it's not worth making the trip into Water Tower place. I didn't go into the new Betsey Johnson location because it looks sad compared to where it used to be on Halsted. But I didn't really know what to expect from Aritizia, I knew that they sold MbMJ and See by Chloe, but everything I saw was just bland basics that looked like F21 to me. Their Marc by Marc section was four pieces, that's it. They had tacky "myspace or yours?" graphic tees and the sales staff, I don't even know how to describe...

12-09-2008
scenester

I'm going to Chicago in about two weeks and I was wondering if everyone could recommend some good boutiques (something along the lines of Hejfina maybe?), malls, dept stores, vintage/consignment shops, etc for me to visit. Thanks!

12-09-2008
trendsetter

Ikram
Michigan ave for all the department stores - Saks, Neiman Marcus, Bloomingdales, and Nordstrom are all there. Barney's is the last one and is just a turn down Oak. Bloomingdale's is probably my favorite. Nordstrom is in a mall, so that. Walking down Oak is a must - Jil Sander, YSL, Luca Luca, Prada, it goes on...

And honestly, I don't know of any good consignment shops. I think Crossroads is consistently disappointing.

14-09-2008
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by serendipity___ View Post
I'm going to Chicago in about two weeks and I was wondering if everyone could recommend some good boutiques (something along the lines of Hejfina maybe?), malls, dept stores, vintage/consignment shops, etc for me to visit. Thanks!
Clothes Optional is a great vintage shop! :] Akira is a pretty cute place, too. Basically just go up and down Clark and Halsted/Armitage. You won't be disappointed with the amount of boutiques and great shops along those streets.

26-09-2008
trendsetter

Hope I'm not too late, but you should check out Jake! They're going to get in new Isabel Marant in October. Eskell, too, they carry Samantha Pleet and Lorick.

15-10-2008
trendsetter

Zara's open!

28-10-2008
windowshopping

I went to the Zara store a couple of weeks ago and I got a beautiful jacket from there. One question--what is with the upstairs? I feel like it almost doesn't even fit in with the other stores.

02-11-2008
Not Thinking About Time

The Sales Tax is killing me but I love all the stores in chicago that I did not have back in florida and I own zero winter clothes so I have buying so many coats and I bought my first pair of leather gloves. Any way I always find good vintage stuff at rag stock off the belmont red/brown line stop. And the Marc by Marc store is my new favorite place in the world.

Portfolio Last FM
03-11-2008
backstage pass

You and the Marc by Marc store reminds me of one of my friends! She was there literally every weekend. I think all of the employees knew her like the back of their hand. Haha.

fashion icon

The upstairs of Zara did feel sort of random -- I found a cool belt that I ended up buying stuffed in a clear bin on a pile of jeans. I just wish it were closer. It took so, so, so long to get there by public transportation from the city.

03-11-2008
backstage pass

If you didn't know already, H&M's Comme des Garcons collection will be sold at the H&M on Michigan! One of the few select stores that are holding the collection. I believe it premieres Nov. 12th.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
chicago, shopping