How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop / shop by city
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

07-03-2006
V.I.P.

OMG THX A LOT! I will be going to George Greene thurs! YAAAY!

11-03-2006
V.I.P.

I'm going to Chicago on the 23rd, and I need to cram all of my shopping downtown into one day. I just want to make sure the following stores are worth it, so I've got lots of questions. And I only care about the menswear, by-the-way.

My Schedule...

Saks Fifth Avenue:
717 North Michigan Avenue - What designers are here?
Neiman Marcus: 737 North Michigan Avenue - Is it more upscale designers?

Gucci: 900 North Michigan Avenue - Do they sell just accessories, or menswear, too?
Louis Vuitton: 919 North Michigan Avenue - How big is the selection of menswear?
Barneys New York: 25 East Oak Street - And what designers are here?
Prada: 30 East Oak Street - Do they sell menswear here?Marshall Fields: 111 North State Street - Any sales going on? Good service?

And where else should I visit?

12-03-2006
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilaughead
I'm going to Chicago on the 23rd, and I need to cram all of my shopping downtown into one day. I just want to make sure the following stores are worth it, so I've got lots of questions. And I only care about the menswear, by-the-way.

My Schedule...

Saks Fifth Avenue:
717 North Michigan Avenue - What designers are here?
Neiman Marcus: 737 North Michigan Avenue - Is it more upscale designers?

Gucci: 900 North Michigan Avenue - Do they sell just accessories, or menswear, too?
Louis Vuitton: 919 North Michigan Avenue - How big is the selection of menswear?
Barneys New York: 25 East Oak Street - And what designers are here?
Prada: 30 East Oak Street - Do they sell menswear here?Marshall Fields: 111 North State Street - Any sales going on? Good service?

And where else should I visit?

Saks Fifth Avenue: 717 North Michigan Avenue - For the mens they have Miu Miu, John Galliano (the normal stuff) Ermenegildo Zegna, Gucci shoes, Cartier Bags, and other designers...its across the street from the womens store. Its only 3 floors for men.
==
Neiman Marcus: 737 North Michigan Avenue - They have more of a selection of designers for men and such..I dont think its more upscale than any other place, its just bigger
==
Gucci: 900 North Michigan Avenue - They sells menswear and they have a nice selection. They also have the video from the mens show playing. I love the bags they have, and at the back its a wall dedicated to shoes
==
Louis Vuitton: 919 North Michigan Avenue - I was just in there 2 days ago and it was a nice selection. Its quick small I would say like 30 pieces. Its from the SS runway too and its a lot of nice pieces. They have MANY shoes for men though
==
Barneys New York: 25 East Oak Street - Many great designers! Balenciaga, Dior Homme, Dries Van Noten, Burberry, Marc Jacobs, just to name a few! They sell the things off the runways
==
Prada: 30 East Oak Street - Its directly accross the street from Barneys and they have menswear. The whole 3rd floor is devoted to it. They have the things off the runway and a whole wall devoted to shoes. I also love the coats and bags
==
Marshall Fields: 111 North State Street - They have their 13 hour sale often but its a big store. Its quite historical. They do carry some big designers for men, but like the highest in sportwear is Dolce and Gabbana and Ralph Lauren. They have Armani, Burberry, etc...but its only in suits
==
Giorgio Armani has nice things they are a little further than Neiman Marcus..I dont know the exact address, but its right by the water tower. They have menswear on the 1st floor and womenswear on the 2nd. They dont sell Emporio Armani unfortunately. Also directly next to Armani is Bottega Venetta. I havent been here in a while, but I believe they just carry accessories

Since ur a guy I think that you should visit a place on Oak street called Chasalla...they have Italiana clothing like D&G, Versace, Moschino, and Hugo Boss for men. Actually its the only place that has Versace in chicago. There is also Hermes on oak street. Finally I think that Hugo Boss on Michigan Ave is nice. Its further south of Michigan Ave once u cross the bridge its like a few steps away on the left side...Its a storefront, but it leads into a mall which also includes Armani Exchange

Well I hope this has been helpful to you Happy shopping

Last edited by JJohnson; 12-03-2006 at 12:04 AM.
12-03-2006
V.I.P.

I forgot to tell you that Ermenegildo Zegna, Salvatore Ferragamo, Cole Haan, and Burberry are on Michigan Ave lol silly me..

12-03-2006
V.I.P.

Thanks! I have a "thing" against Armani, just because he doesn't seem innovative enough, so I'm going to stay away from that one, but the Chasalla store sounds fun, I'll have to visit it.

I'm just SO excited, because the closest contact I've gotten to designer clothes in the real world was helping a women with a Gucci purse with her groceries. (It's Iowa: not too much going on in the way of fashion!) Now, for this exciting shopping trip, I will have *dadadadaa* only $1k! Isn't that just great!? It took me over three months to work for that money, but I am so ready to spend it on all like, 3 items I can buy. However, I'm thinking of this trip as a practice shopping trip. So one day, I will have the skills necessary to buy hundreds of thousands of dollars of things without batting an eye. Yeah, that's never gonna happen. But, at the very least, I'll get to see some of the clothes I get to admire on the catwalk up close and personal!

12-03-2006
V.I.P.

Yea Thats a lot of $$$ to spend...well its ur $$$ haha but yea I guess there isnt anything in Iowa really haha! People will follow u around a lot downtown cuz there are guards in the stores! $1,000 will be like enough to get a shirt and pants or something lol. In LV things are waay more than $1,000. It was this jacket that says "Louis Vuitton" and it is $1,800. Just lettin u know now. U may be able to get a bag or so but like for some MAJOR shopping a person would need like a good $10,000 LOL! thats A LOT! But $1000 is nice enough

12-03-2006
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJohnson
Yea Thats a lot of $$$ to spend...well its ur $$$ haha but yea I guess there isnt anything in Iowa really haha! People will follow u around a lot downtown cuz there are guards in the stores! $1,000 will be like enough to get a shirt and pants or something lol. In LV things are waay more than $1,000. It was this jacket that says "Louis Vuitton" and it is $1,800. Just lettin u know now. U may be able to get a bag or so but like for some MAJOR shopping a person would need like a good $10,000 LOL! thats A LOT! But $1000 is nice enough
I know I'm not going to get anything in LV, but I loved those tee shirts in the runway show until I saw they had silk in them. You wouldn't need to dry clean it right? I'm hoping to wrangle up some more money at some point from my parents for a loan, but even one designer piece I think I'll be happy! (I'm especially loving a Prada sweatshirt in this month's GQ) And no where in Chicago carries Balenciaga for men, correct?

12-03-2006
V.I.P.

Um Im not sure if Barneys has Balenciaga for men...I know they have it for women, but you can check. Oh in LV that jacket i was telling you about was silk too! It was so CUTE! I sooo wanted it. Yes I believe most LV must be dry cleaned, and even if it said washer I would still dry clean it LOL, But LV is directly across the street from Gucci. All these stores are like in one area, especially when u get on Oak Street. I know Prada has mens things off the runway, but if they dont u can always order it in the store. They have like a HUGE lookbook of all the things you can buy. I also LOVE the totally glass elevator in there...its really cool and chic!

16-03-2006
V.I.P.

This may seem like a silly question, but they don't have doormen people though, do they? That would so intimidate me! I wouldn't know how to get in.

16-03-2006
rui
front row

Whats the BEST mens shop in chicago?

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilaughead
This may seem like a silly question, but they don't have doormen people though, do they? That would so intimidate me! I wouldn't know how to get in.
Um no stores that I know have doormen! LOL they have security guards all over the place but they dont open the doors. U just open the doors with your hands lol

16-03-2006
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rui
Whats the BEST mens shop in chicago?
The "best" mens store in Chicago to me would be Barney's New York and Neiman Marcus. Its because of their selections. I prefer Barney's above all the rest because of its chic atmosphere and its abstract, yet cool selection for menswhere. You can also try Saks 5th Ave. They have a few unique things

17-03-2006
Iowa Girl Loves Fashion

^ JJohnson, you seem quite up-to-date as far as Chicago shopping is concerned. Kudos.

17-03-2006
V.I.P.

Yea I go downtown often so I know all the cool shops and stuff for high fashion oh BTW there is a new store on Michigan Ave..Dennis Basso. Its a fur store! REALLY NICE!

17-03-2006
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJohnson
Um no stores that I know have doormen! LOL they have security guards all over the place but they dont open the doors. U just open the doors with your hands lol
Barneys has a doorman.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
chicago, shopping