How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop / shop by city
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

25-03-2006
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by melt977
Really??? Thank God I didn't get in there... How are tourists / foreigners are supposed to shop? Or are they supposed to carry thouands of dollars in cash just for NM??? I can't imagine how furious I would be if I went in there, picked up something fabulous only to realise that I can't buy it because of the no-visa policy... hell!
The SA suggested I run across the street to an ATM, but I can't withdraw more than $200 a day, so I had no choice but have my mom write a check. And the website accepts VISA, so I don't know what was going on.

25-03-2006
PopWillEatItself

It's really stupid of them

25-03-2006
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilaughead
The SA suggested I run across the street to an ATM, but I can't withdraw more than $200 a day, so I had no choice but have my mom write a check. And the website accepts VISA, so I don't know what was going on.
That is EXTREMELY ODD! hmmm do u think that thieir credit card device was broken? VISA is like the most major credit card. NM has some nice stuff but its okay....I dont like the way they have Dolce and Gabanna and Prada bags on the floor when you first walk in

25-03-2006
V.I.P.

Hey Everyone good news! Ok...Im kinda pissed because Chicago is like the last place to get boutiques so I emailed the marc jacobs company asking about one! I still cant believe that Aspen, CO gets a Christian Dior and a Fendi store before us! BLAH! I think that Chicago is very overlooked!

27-03-2006
V.I.P.

Its been a day and no answer....hopefully they will email me back during the week

27-03-2006
V.I.P.

It is really weird that Chicago doesn't have either a Marc Jacobs OR a Marc by Marc Jacobs. But if you look at the store list on the website, there's not to many stores to begin with. There is only one store in Europe as far as I can tell.

27-03-2006
front row

I live in the suburbia du horror, I frequent chicago a lot. If anyone wants to hangout, send me a message!

27-03-2006
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinderbellas
Barneys has a doorman.
Since when does barneys have a doorman? I was there a year ago, and opened the door myself:p

Champagne taste on a beer budget...
27-03-2006
V.I.P.

Quote:
It is really weird that Chicago doesn't have either a Marc Jacobs OR a Marc by Marc Jacobs. But if you look at the store list on the website, there's not to many stores to begin with. There is only one store in Europe as far as I can tell.
No its more stores than that. I know for a fact is like 3-4 in the US. its like 2 in NYC and one on Melrose place. I just wish there was on in Chicago Oh BTW there is also one in boston, i just remembered so is 4 for the US. Barney's sells his clothes, but there are no flagship stores in chicago

27-03-2006
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamboatannie
Since when does barneys have a doorman? I was there a year ago, and opened the door myself:p
I know i had to do the same like a month ago

27-03-2006
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJohnson
No its more stores than that. I know for a fact is like 3-4 in the US. its like 2 in NYC and one on Melrose place. I just wish there was on in Chicago Oh BTW there is also one in boston, i just remembered so is 4 for the US. Barney's sells his clothes, but there are no flagship stores in chicago
No, no, no. I guess I phrased that wrong. I know there's more than just that one in France, but I was just pointing out that there aren't many MJ stores to begin with. A few labels have even multiple stores in Paris alone. I'd bet that Chicago will get one within a few years though.

Oh, and the Barney's doorman was there for me! I feel so special.

27-03-2006
V.I.P.

Quote:
No, no, no. I guess I phrased that wrong. I know there's more than just that one in France, but I was just pointing out that there aren't many MJ stores to begin with. A few labels have even multiple stores in Paris alone. I'd bet that Chicago will get one within a few years though.

Oh, and the Barney's doorman was there for me! I feel so special.
Oh ok I gotcha now....no fair i had to open that big door all by myself haha its kinda odd i dunno...does he stand on the inside or outside? i remember a guy on the inside right by the door but he just looked at me...haha also i do hope Chicago gets a MJ

27-03-2006
PopWillEatItself

^ I believe there is also an MJ store in Vegas, JJ

27-03-2006
V.I.P.

Ok I just went to the site, here is the actual breakdown: 3 in NYC, 5 in California, 1 in Boston, 1 in Flordia, and 1 in Las Vegas... TOTAL: 11 Marc Jacob stores in the U.S. alone. Thats a lot of boutiques....lol

27-03-2006
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by melt977
^ I believe there is also an MJ store in Vegas, JJ
Yep ur right!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
chicago, shopping