How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop / shop by city
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
25-03-2006
  91
V.I.P.
 
ilaughead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Gender: homme
Posts: 4,790
Quote:
Originally Posted by melt977
Really??? Thank God I didn't get in there... How are tourists / foreigners are supposed to shop? Or are they supposed to carry thouands of dollars in cash just for NM??? I can't imagine how furious I would be if I went in there, picked up something fabulous only to realise that I can't buy it because of the no-visa policy... hell!
The SA suggested I run across the street to an ATM, but I can't withdraw more than $200 a day, so I had no choice but have my mom write a check. And the website accepts VISA, so I don't know what was going on.

  Reply With Quote
 
25-03-2006
  92
PopWillEatItself
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Gender: femme
Posts: 1,450
It's really stupid of them

  Reply With Quote
25-03-2006
  93
V.I.P.
 
JJohnson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Gender: homme
Posts: 3,587
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilaughead
The SA suggested I run across the street to an ATM, but I can't withdraw more than $200 a day, so I had no choice but have my mom write a check. And the website accepts VISA, so I don't know what was going on.
That is EXTREMELY ODD! hmmm do u think that thieir credit card device was broken? VISA is like the most major credit card. NM has some nice stuff but its okay....I dont like the way they have Dolce and Gabanna and Prada bags on the floor when you first walk in

  Reply With Quote
25-03-2006
  94
V.I.P.
 
JJohnson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Gender: homme
Posts: 3,587
Hey Everyone good news! Ok...Im kinda pissed because Chicago is like the last place to get boutiques so I emailed the marc jacobs company asking about one! I still cant believe that Aspen, CO gets a Christian Dior and a Fendi store before us! BLAH! I think that Chicago is very overlooked!

  Reply With Quote
27-03-2006
  95
V.I.P.
 
JJohnson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Gender: homme
Posts: 3,587
Its been a day and no answer....hopefully they will email me back during the week

  Reply With Quote
27-03-2006
  96
V.I.P.
 
ilaughead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Gender: homme
Posts: 4,790
It is really weird that Chicago doesn't have either a Marc Jacobs OR a Marc by Marc Jacobs. But if you look at the store list on the website, there's not to many stores to begin with. There is only one store in Europe as far as I can tell.

  Reply With Quote
27-03-2006
  97
front row
 
marsmars's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Chicago, IL
Gender: homme
Posts: 466
I live in the suburbia du horror, I frequent chicago a lot. If anyone wants to hangout, send me a message!

  Reply With Quote
27-03-2006
  98
front row
 
dreamboatannie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Chicago
Gender: femme
Posts: 390
Quote:
Originally Posted by cinderbellas
Barneys has a doorman.
Since when does barneys have a doorman? I was there a year ago, and opened the door myself:p

__________________
"To know your enemy, you must become your enemy... Keep your friends close and your enemies closer." - Sun Tzu



Champagne taste on a beer budget...
  Reply With Quote
27-03-2006
  99
V.I.P.
 
JJohnson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Gender: homme
Posts: 3,587
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilaughead
It is really weird that Chicago doesn't have either a Marc Jacobs OR a Marc by Marc Jacobs. But if you look at the store list on the website, there's not to many stores to begin with. There is only one store in Europe as far as I can tell.
No its more stores than that. I know for a fact is like 3-4 in the US. its like 2 in NYC and one on Melrose place. I just wish there was on in Chicago Oh BTW there is also one in boston, i just remembered so is 4 for the US. Barney's sells his clothes, but there are no flagship stores in chicago

  Reply With Quote
27-03-2006
  100
V.I.P.
 
JJohnson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Gender: homme
Posts: 3,587
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamboatannie
Since when does barneys have a doorman? I was there a year ago, and opened the door myself:p
I know i had to do the same like a month ago

  Reply With Quote
27-03-2006
  101
V.I.P.
 
ilaughead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Gender: homme
Posts: 4,790
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJohnson
No its more stores than that. I know for a fact is like 3-4 in the US. its like 2 in NYC and one on Melrose place. I just wish there was on in Chicago Oh BTW there is also one in boston, i just remembered so is 4 for the US. Barney's sells his clothes, but there are no flagship stores in chicago
No, no, no. I guess I phrased that wrong. I know there's more than just that one in France, but I was just pointing out that there aren't many MJ stores to begin with. A few labels have even multiple stores in Paris alone. I'd bet that Chicago will get one within a few years though.

Oh, and the Barney's doorman was there for me! I feel so special.

  Reply With Quote
27-03-2006
  102
V.I.P.
 
JJohnson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Gender: homme
Posts: 3,587
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilaughead
No, no, no. I guess I phrased that wrong. I know there's more than just that one in France, but I was just pointing out that there aren't many MJ stores to begin with. A few labels have even multiple stores in Paris alone. I'd bet that Chicago will get one within a few years though.

Oh, and the Barney's doorman was there for me! I feel so special.
Oh ok I gotcha now....no fair i had to open that big door all by myself haha its kinda odd i dunno...does he stand on the inside or outside? i remember a guy on the inside right by the door but he just looked at me...haha also i do hope Chicago gets a MJ

  Reply With Quote
27-03-2006
  103
PopWillEatItself
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Gender: femme
Posts: 1,450
^ I believe there is also an MJ store in Vegas, JJ

  Reply With Quote
27-03-2006
  104
V.I.P.
 
JJohnson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Gender: homme
Posts: 3,587
Ok I just went to the site, here is the actual breakdown: 3 in NYC, 5 in California, 1 in Boston, 1 in Flordia, and 1 in Las Vegas... TOTAL: 11 Marc Jacob stores in the U.S. alone. Thats a lot of boutiques....lol

  Reply With Quote
27-03-2006
  105
V.I.P.
 
JJohnson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Gender: homme
Posts: 3,587
Quote:
Originally Posted by melt977
^ I believe there is also an MJ store in Vegas, JJ
Yep ur right!

  Reply With Quote
Reply
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
chicago, shopping
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"


 
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:21 AM.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
TheFashionSpot.com is a property of TotallyHer Media, LLC, an Evolve Media LLC company. 2014 All rights reserved.