How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop / shop by city
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

02-08-2005
front row

Cincinnati shopping
I'm comming to Cincinnati (well near Cincinnati) for a year and I was wondering that is it a good place to shop?? Also how big is the Saks there and do they carry mens Louis Vuitton and Dior bags? What are the best places to shop?

03-08-2005
front row

i'm not from cincinnati but i do shop there a lot.
the scene isn't very good. i've never really checked the men's section at sax but i highly doubt it does, but that isn't an educated guess. it's basically just a medium size. it's also located downtown and there aren't a lot of other shops around there.

actually i might not be the best person to ask because i tend to go places like anthropologie, because that's more of the type of store they have.

hope someone else can help.

04-08-2005
front row

Is there anyone else that would have any better info..??

21-08-2005
rising star

I live here in cincinnati,shopping here is hit or miss.My picks:

Sak's 5th Ave Outlet
TJ Maxx(sometimes great finds...Polo,D&G, Coach,Diesel dirty cheap)
Value City(Tri-County Store the best but very crowded
Shoes: DSW Warehouse...........Prada,Mui Mui,Lots of Diesel

Also Colmbus north of cincinnati has great shopping

31-08-2005
scenester

I would def. check out Saks 5th Outlet at the Cincinnati Mills mall. They have great stuff.
There are some cute boutiques in the Hyde Park area, down Erie Ave.
I also like the boutique Sara Benjamin's in Mariemont. My friend's mom owns it, and it carries really great stuff from Anna Sui, Splendid, Joe's Jeans, etc.
Parisian in the Kenwood mall carries nice designer jeans and has good sales every so often.
Otherwise, Cincinnati is really suburban-boring shopping wise. Not much trendy stuff going on.

06-09-2005
rising star

I have lived in Cincinnati before. They shopping is awful there. Don't get your hopes up. If you are use to shopping at great cities like Los Angeles and New York then you will definitely be disappointed. The saks there is old and so tiny. It's probably one of the worse. If you want to go shopping I recommend sticking to the malls.

I recommend two places Rookwood Commons and Kenwood Mall

06-09-2005
front row

skip her, which DSW is this with the Prada shoes?! I live by Cincy too and I never find anything like that or D&G at TJ Maxx. I gotta know which ones youre going to.

06-11-2005
scenester

Cincinnati isn't a real hot spot for shopping...
Erie Ave. in Hyde Park has alot of chic boutiques. I also know the owner for Sara Benjamins in Mariemont, and she carries alot of good stuff.
Saks Off in General Mills is also good.
Parisian in the Kenwood Mall has some Laundry, BCBG, etc.

09-11-2005
windowshopping

juxuzel, are you into vintage shopping?
I've lived in lots of places, and Cinci has lots of ancient treasure trove thrift stores and vintage stores, not crazily picked over, like they are in trendy cities. I lived in cinci for 10 years and I still cannot find a bargain anywhere else like I did there. It's much more fun to dig around Cincinnati as all the good things are hidden... this is a city where the 'warehouse' area hasn't gotten all redeveloped, and so the vintage hasn't gotten all discovered either.
Check Northside--there were last I knew two great vintage shops off of Hamilton Ave (just stop in a record store and ask people). Near the university, there are a couple of very old and very unusual vintage shops. One very cool one is around the corner from the Urban Outfitters.
there's also a lot of rocknroll clothes. Try Hamilton Ave again, Short vine near U.C. (don't know if this street is still the same as it was), but everyone that knows anything about clothes will know where these places are so just ask when you get there.

09-11-2005
rising star

I used to live in cincinnati as well (5 yrs)...but I'm not from there.

Yeah, i gotta agree ...shopping there is'nt that great, just your basics. But, I always enjoyed a trip to the Saks outlet.

17-01-2006
scenester

Hey, I'm from Cincinnati and I've lived there my whole life. I don't think the shopping is all that bad... Hyde Park, Oakly and Clifton are places where you can find random stores with interesting items. The Saks downtown is nice. They have a wide variety of designer bags (I think someone was looking for that). Kenwood Mall is nice too, but if you want to go to a really cool mall in the Midwest I recomend driving to Columbus, it's about 2 hours away and Easton Town Center is fabulous!

rising star

I was at DWS in Rookwood Commons today,they have beatuiful Marc Jacobs

and Michael Kors shoes for women.You should go see them.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
cincinnati, shopping