How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop / shop by city
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

06-06-2005
Swim Upstream

Clignacourt Flea Market
Do any of you know how to get to the best bit of this market for clothes? I have been about four times and I have only ever found the antiques market or got lost! !!! ANy help much appreciated. Going on sunday.....

06-06-2005
Storm & Sommer

soooo lucky...I want to go !!

pinterest : hanneonpin
06-06-2005
desire, undefined

i wish i could help you helena. i've been there three times myself and i must say ive managed to get lost every single time once i found this arcade with a store that sold the cuteste accesories, that was right beside the antique market. and once i got very very very far out and found a street with small shops where they sold vintage clothes - loads of ysl, dior , chanel, balmain .. and a small store filled with only burberry trenchcoats. unfortunately i had to go through the antique market and a bunch of other crap before i got there. and i couldnt find the way back and had to walk two km to get to the nearest metro

when i was there this february i didnt go to clignancourt, i went to porte des vanves instead and it was quite lovely. i dont know if you have been there yourself - if you haventi think you should check it out. i found many lovely things

Swim Upstream

Thanks Mettchen - no haven't been to porte des vanves but once went to Potre de Montreil (and it was not very good). What kind of stuff?

I think i know the street you are talking about - I think I was there last year - I too saw Balmain & YSL stuff. I remember one shop selling only vintage hats!

I wish it was eaier to navigate!

Hanne - I'll think of you when I am there....

06-06-2005
desire, undefined

mainly clothes. and a lot of it gorgeous as well. i chatted with an old lady who sold only vintage dior. and i found some beautiful jewelry - brooches/pins and necklaces. and this really gorgeous beaded flapper dress from the 20s.

scenester

I wanted to go..but kinda scared b/c of what I heard about Pigalle which was close to Cligancourt...Stupid I know..

I luckily caught a flea market on Blvd. de Grenelle. I have no idea what it was called though...Bought bunches of scarves and jewelry..

06-06-2005
Swim Upstream

oh mettchen that sounds brilliant. so where is Vanves?

06-06-2005
Storm & Sommer

Quote:
Originally Posted by helena
oh mettchen that sounds brilliant. so where is Vanves?
http://www.parisinfo.com/paris_shopp..._type=shopping

pinterest : hanneonpin
07-06-2005
Swim Upstream

thanks for that Hanne - thats a good site actually.

this has helped me....(at St Ouen/Clignacourt)
MARCHE MALIK. 53, rue Jules Vallès / 59, rue Jean-Henri Fabre
Second-hand clothes, from the latest jeans to old-fashioned lace

07-06-2005
front row

Helena,
Unfortunately marché Malik now really sells mostly trendy ‘çheap’ clothes…This used to be different However, on the streets surrounding it (perpendicular on rue Jules Valles) there are some interesting shops- especially 2 boutiques with wonderful stock of vintage notions, buttons, lace, beads etc...I cannot really give specific tips for clothing as I usually search more for jewelry & access. however my favorite market for deals & finds is Vernaison… hth a little & enjoy! (I will be going there in 2 weeks )

07-06-2005
Swim Upstream

thanks nr9dream - is Vernaison a shop or a market? Thats a pity about the Malik market...so do you think the vintage sellers have moved to the Vanves market or do you think Clignacourt is still good? I think I read somewhere that Clignacourt is just too overridden with tourists looking for vintage finds and that the prices are too high. Sometimes I just wonder whether all good vintage has already been plundered anyway. I used to see so much more than I do now....

07-06-2005
front row

Vernaison is a market within St. Ouen, partly open air- I believe connected to rue des Rosiers but it would be best to ask as it's a bit difficult to explain the location...Oh, I think clignancourt still has fantastic offering just quite expensive... I would second porte de Vanves for clothing, and even Porte de Montreuil but the key is to go *very* early for the good finds. Both these markets are more hit or miss like a true fleamarket.

07-06-2005
Swim Upstream

well I agree on Montreuil - we always stay near Nation when we are in paris and we went there once and it wasn't very good. It seemed to be lots & lots of stalls selling things like mechanics tools, sweeties & cheap tracksuits.

07-06-2005
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by zashikibuta_vert
I wanted to go..but kinda scared b/c of what I heard about Pigalle which was close to Cligancourt...Stupid I know..
Pigalle isn't that bad really. During the day its pretty much deserted, I was there a few months ago and everything was closed except McDonalds, a bakers, and the 'Erotic Supermarket'.

30-04-2007
DÔMMkammern

i wish i knew more vintage markets/stores in paris... i'm planing a big trip there this summer

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
clignacourt, flea, market