How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop / shop by city
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

05-11-2007
rising star

Ladies, are anyone of you showing up to Shecky's Girl's Night Out this Friday? I thought it would be lovely to see a couple of TFS-ers at this event. I loved this when I was in NYC and I am so glad they have decided to host one in Dallas.

01-09-2008
I am half-sick of shadows

I guess I'm giving this thread a bump

I'm going to be in Dallas next week on business and was wondering if there were any stores that locals could recommend for someone who like Isabel Marant...APC...that kind of thing.

Thanks in advance

03-09-2008
Power to the 99%

^ Do you have Barney's where you are?

I'd recommend a couple things ... check out Northpark Center for the best luxury shopping in town in one spot, and there's also Knox-McKinney (just a short trip up 75) with Forty-Five Ten & lots of places to shop for home & gifts. Not to be missed are Froggies 5&10 and the Highland Park Pharmacy, with its original Deco soda fountain (I get a ham salad sandwich & chocolate malt).

You can Google Northpark & Forty-Five Ten for more information about each ... I am a bit of an impatient shopper so I like Northpark. It's hard to leave without what you came for. Lots of designers' boutiques + Barney's + our best Nordstrom (+ Neimans but I find that with the other options I don't need it anymore). I usually always make a trip to Froggies & neighborhood before Christmas. It's great for stocking stuffers & funny gifts. And good stuff for yourself, like kitchen matches in packaging that says "Smart women light the way"

03-09-2008
I am half-sick of shadows

Thanks. Yes, we have Barneys...Nordstrom...NM...Saks...etc...I was more curious about smaller boutiques (though this could just be wishful thinking and I may have NO time to do anything except work).

The soda fountain sounds very tempting though...

05-09-2008
Power to the 99%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hebden View Post
Thanks. Yes, we have Barneys...Nordstrom...NM...Saks...etc...I was more curious about smaller boutiques (though this could just be wishful thinking and I may have NO time to do anything except work).

The soda fountain sounds very tempting though...
Forty-Five Ten is a smaller boutique. They have McQueen, Alabama/Chanin, Moschino--I believe they also have a restaurant, as well as home & stationers. We have Bottega Veneta, Carolina Herrera, Valentino, Ferragamo, many designer boutiques ... we do have independent boutiques as well but I am not the best person to tell you about them because as I say, I like the one-stop shopping ... it's against all my values, what can I say Not sure if D Magazine or Lucky publishes Dallas shopping info on their websites--they both print local shopping reviews. There is an appointment only shoe place that carries hard to find shoe lines. Operates seasonally, should be open now.

The soda fountain was even cooler before it changed hands recently, but the upside is extended hours. You could catch it at dinner as well as lunch.

PS 4510 also has a connection (or did) to someone local who does custom Italian shoes.

Last edited by fashionista-ta; 05-09-2008 at 07:29 PM.
08-09-2008
windowshopping

Any of you going to Fashion at the park event in Oct? Im thinking to get tickets to the Cavalli and Diesel shows. I heard the show in spring was awesome.

27-04-2009
Power to the 99%

Who carries YSL shoes in Dallas? Gregory's maybe? Anyone else? TIA ...

13-05-2009
scenester

bump bump...

i now recently moved to dallas 3 weeks ago and i absoultely love Northpark, i go there wayyy too much. I now have employee discount connections at Valentino, Juicy Couture, Lacoste, COACH, and FinishLine.

paying full-price is a no-no

backstage pass

I live in Oklahoma, and we don't have a lot of my favorite stores (not just talking about designer boutiques, but even chain stores). Luckily Dallas is nearby. It actually has amazing shopping. After the entertainment capitals, it's one of the best cities in America as far as shopping goes imo. I wish I lived there just for the shopping.

02-01-2011
rising star

Thread revival time.

Has anyone been to the new H&M pop-up store in North Park? I'm trying to wait until I have enough saved up to go and take a peek myself.

23-10-2012
windowshopping

Neiman's is having a jean promotion starting on the 25th of this month for men and women.

$50 off when you buy one pair
$75 off two
$125 off three pairs

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
dallas, shopping