How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop / shop by city
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

12-11-2004
rising star

Hoping someone can hook a girl up! Last time I went all the stuff I wanted was sold out b/c of the F&F sale the day before. My mom and aunts are fanatics, so this sale would be great for xmas presents. So if anyone has a pass or can tell me how to get one or get in, I'd really, really, really appreciate it.

BTW:
Kate Spade Sample Sale
Metropolitan Pavilion
125 West 18th Street
New York, NY 10011
11/20; 9 am - 7 pm
11/21; 9 am - 4 pm

12-11-2004
backstage pass

They usually have such a large stock.....how did you know the stuff you wanted was there for the friends and family day? did someone go and report back...i have been twice and i mean they have tons of bags, my youngest sister loves kate spade, but the pricepoints there suck....not really a true bargain IMO, but they did have current season stuff that wasnt on sale at a dept store.

if you know the preview day and time, just show up and walk in and act like you are supposed to be there...its worked for many people at various sample sales..........

12-11-2004
rising star

Yeah, I was contemplating doing that, but would rather legit access in case the "snobby preps" are working the door lol.
It's not a great sale (for purses) IMO either. Most bags were 25-40% off max. It's good if you really like her stuff, and would've bought it at retail anyway, but if your not a huge fan (like me) than it's not a "hot" sale. BUT with that being said, it's good for xmas presents at a discount - my parents will be happy. The stuff I wanted last year for myself such as clothes, shoes and some home stuff (and mens stuff for my dad) were gone first, as about 5 SA told me they sold out with the F&F sale, where the "good" stuff/deep savings went really fast.

12-11-2004
backstage pass

They usually have a table or two in the back with Jack Spade stuff. Scarves, bags and raincoats....you are correct because Jack Spade rarely goes on sale so you will be able to make a killing at the sale......

I didn't even know they had clothing and shoes for women at the sale....I guess I get there too late....The Met Pavilion is so big, I would try and stop by that day...say you work for corporate.....I remember last year (during the summer sale) one of the guys working there was for corporate as well...maybe say you came down to look at some final stuff or assist in setting up...better be creative

15-11-2004
rising star

Crap! They have an actual "guest list" this year. Your name has to be on it to get in. I was hoping for invitations , so I could say I forgot mine...Man, I can't believe no TFS's work for Spade...

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
desperately, invite, kate, nyc, sale, seeking, spade