How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop / shop by city
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

20-12-2006
taz
MUSE

I 'd recommend SAKS 5th Avenue in Burjman & Harvey Nichols in the Mall of the Emirates, & they have good discount in all the boutiques & the prices are fair enough.. I mean if you convert the price to $ or Euros it almost the same or maybe cheaper.. the Global Village is intreting place for flok. stuff from all around the world..each country has its own bazar I mean you can find morocan kaftans,indian sari, russian dolls,.....

I wonder if Mall of Dubai is open now??? it the biggest in the world just under Burj Dubai the tallest buiding in the world.

enjoy.. I am going there too

20-12-2006
V.I.P.

OOOOO im going to dubai soon, i hope a majority of my shopping is clothes
Is it quite expensive there?

20-12-2006
backstage pass

^ Its known everywhere that Dubai is expensive, but to tell you the truth it has everything you need from very cheap to extremely expensive products. So it really depends on where you go to shop.

Its funny how everyone comes to Dubai for shopping, whereas the people of Dubai travel abroad to shop =P

Since I am from Dubai and live here permanently here are a few places for shopping:

Mall of The Emirates (Harvey Nichols)
The Village
Wafi Center
Burjuman Center (Saks Fifth Avenue)
Emirates Towers (Villa Moda)
Mercato

For low-priced materials, accessories, etc. you must check out Mina Bazaar & The Global Village

taz Dubai Mall is not yet opened, the tower itself is still under construction.

Talking about prices, high-end designer stores are usually priced the same as everywhere else. Today, Gucci and some other stores started their sale, but usually most products are gone the first day of sale so I don't think you'll find anything worth buying (on sale) by the time you come.

20-12-2006
rising star

oooh i lived here for most my life and i can tell you a bit about the shopping here

the best places to go are burjuman they have saks hermes burberry chanel lv zara mango dior a gazillion shoe stores

also theres a places in emirates towers called villa moda which is like a boutique that stores chloe missoni matthew williamson etc, and theyre really good because they tend to bring in pieces that you cant find anywhere else

in general you find about the same prices as in europe, but if you come during the sales you can get really good bargains like my friend just got a bag from lv thats 200 dollars cheaper than the price on the internet..

the gold here is plenty and cheap too

the only thing that u have to be careful is when you go shopping in cheaper places like bazaars etc in karama the indians there can tell you're a foreigner so they'll try and rip you off so always pretend you live here and know the real prices! i always go with my friend that speaks indian

anyway good luck and have fun to everyone thats coming here! it really is a beautiful city

20-12-2006
rising star

oh and sorry mall of the emirates has just about every designer shop but from my experience its a bit more expensive

31-12-2006
V.I.P.

Im in Dubai right now

31-12-2006
taz
MUSE

& I'll be there tomorrow..
I'll start my shopping at the Emirates Towers & Burjman...I hope to find good stuff there...I am afraid that everything is gone by now due to sales

31-12-2006
V.I.P.

the sales are rele crappy here, the prices are way more than London prices, my dad has seen that. I went to Emirates shopping mall, deira city centre- LONG QUEUE FOR A BLOODY TAXI, I GOT TO THE HOTEL AT 2:00 AM!!!

31-12-2006
taz
MUSE

it is too crowded now due to Eid, X-mas, end of the year & the shopping festival..everyone in the Gulf area is heading to Dubai now...wish me luck..
I agree with you Kushie the taxi queue at deira city centre is longer than the airport queue.

Last edited by taz; 31-12-2006 at 02:31 PM.
02-01-2007
windowshopping

i am going to Dubai in the mid of Feb, Please let me know your shopping experience (especially price!)
thanks guys

02-01-2007
V.I.P.

Im in London now, I shopped a lot in Emirates Mall and I mainly went to H&M, Forever21 the rest wasn't even that great. This shopping trip wasn't really worth it.

21-03-2007
taz
MUSE

after Saks & Harvey Nickols, here comes Galeries Lafayette in Dubai :

I get only the title from wwd:

Quote:
Galeries Lafayette to Open First Store in Dubai
Wednesday, March 21, 2007
By Robert Murphy

PARIS — Galeries Lafayette is the latest department store chain to set its sights on the booming Gulf Emirate city of Dubai.

20-10-2007
backstage pass

bump!

V.I.P.

how is Boutique 1 keeping up?
has anyone got their brand list?
would like to know please

weet tweet tweet @w_i_p_monaco
20-10-2007
backstage pass

they're doing a good job actually... I am loving the buying.. the stylist and the buyers are amazing.. I am finding more stuff now than when it was Villa Moda... will try to find the designer list and post it soon

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
dubai, shopping