How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop / shop by city
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

03-01-2010
tfs star

how are the sales in Dubai? are they better than Euope? i'm heading over there in late January and would love to check out a lot of the stores and pieces we don't have in Sydney, which of course means anything and everything.. any tips on the best places to shop that aren't overcrowded with tourists and have good sales?

05-01-2010
windowshopping

Yup sales are starting already cuz wer getting close to the Dubai Shopping Festival YaaY

06-01-2010
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicky25 View Post
how are the sales in Dubai? are they better than Euope? i'm heading over there in late January and would love to check out a lot of the stores and pieces we don't have in Sydney, which of course means anything and everything.. any tips on the best places to shop that aren't overcrowded with tourists and have good sales?
I would reccomend going to Dubai Mall, Emirates Mall, The Walk, Wafi City, Ibn Battuta Mall.

Ask for these two boutiques 1.Sauce 2.Ginger & Lace they have pieces from many different designers that are not too famous...its just fun browsing through their store without even buying anything.

The rest of the malls have all the big name brands like YSL, Gucci, Ralph Lauren, Oscar De La Renta, Chloe, Armani Collezioni, Christian Dior, Chanel, Stella McCartney, Alexander McQueen, Lanvin, Hermes, Salvatore Ferragamo, Fendi, Missoni, Sonia Riykel, Louis Vuitton, Marc Jacobs, Givenchy etc

Also there are department stores opened in malls like Galleries Laffayette, Saks fifth Avenue, Harvey Nichols & I heard they were opening Bloomingdales soon.

I hope I helped

06-01-2010
V.I.P.

i also highly recommend Dubai Mall! great if you have spare time just to browse as it is a town in itself. lots of independant shops and a couple of multibrand shops in there.
make sure you check out Ping Pong (i know you are asking for shopping but this is better than any of the london ones) great dim sum restaurant opposite where Bloomingdales is supposed to open.

The Walk is great if you want to check out Boutique 1 who carries most well known and lesser known designer brands. in terms of shops though that is the only one worth going to... however The Walk is great if you wanna have a bite to eat or a drink... lots and lots of restaurants all the way down !!

weet tweet tweet @w_i_p_monaco

Last edited by leyla m.; 06-01-2010 at 01:56 PM.
11-01-2010
tfs star

karma girls, thank you so much for your reponses and the restaurant tip Leyla! i can't wait to go i've never been to the middle east before.. very excited.)

11-01-2010
trendsetter

nicky25: best indian i've tried in Dubai is Asha's near WafiCity
best japanese Nobu at Atlantis Resort & Zuma (Sheikh Zayed Rd.)
they have a Buddha Bar ( at the Grosvenors House Hotel) everyone seems to love it but im not a fan of their food as much as the atmosphere.
All the 5 star hotels have amazing food really

13-01-2010
front row

how about Dubai airport? I have like 8 hours to spend there. Any tips?
Thank you

13-01-2010
tfs star

Thank you Dana! i'm not a fan of indian food though unfortunately it doesn't agree with me. Any recs for a vegetarian place?

Donhay 8 hours is a lot can you get out and go for a little wonder?

13-01-2010
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donhay View Post
how about Dubai airport? I have like 8 hours to spend there. Any tips?
Thank you
Their airport is fantastic, they do sell some luxury items (not a HUGE selection but good enough in my opinion)

They have a HUGE store with all kinds of books,magazines, DVDs, CDs, toys for kids and other gadgets and electronic devices.

They have a healthy foods cafe-ish place, Starbucks, Costa, McDonalds.

They also sell designer perfumery and I think makeup also but i'm not sure

Tobbacco & alcaholic drinks

A HUGE convenient store with everything you can imagine

Stalls that sell crystals, gold jewelery and things of that sort

Souvenirs with the common theme of "Dubai"

Sunglasses, women's + men's fashion (designer & non), watches, a pharmacy.
I might have missed a few things. Just keep in mind, if you go shopping outside of the Duty Free its way cheaper.

13-01-2010
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicky25 View Post
Thank you Dana! i'm not a fan of indian food though unfortunately it doesn't agree with me. Any recs for a vegetarian place?

Donhay 8 hours is a lot can you get out and go for a little wonder?
Hmmm not really, but wherever you go they do always have a good vegetarian menu, I doubt there are any vegetarian only restaurant

13-01-2010
front row

Thank you Dana. U are the sweetest.

nicky25: get out of the airport? where do u suggest? Am not really sure abt the distance. I don't mind at all to get out of the airport.

14-01-2010
trendsetter

Your welcome girls

Donhay, everything is close to the airport, I'd reccomend you to Dubai Mall, everything is available there.

24-04-2011
front row

Hey guys! I go to Dubai atleast once a year, it's almost like my second home, love it there! But heres the thing, I always shop at topshop, river island, new look etc. does anyone know of any stores that are not so famous with nice pieces?

11-06-2011
front row

Looks like theres not alot of Dubai'ers here Anyway, does anyone know of any markets that have ''ethnic'' clothing and accessories and such?

18-07-2011
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berryciaga View Post
Hey guys! I go to Dubai atleast once a year, it's almost like my second home, love it there! But heres the thing, I always shop at topshop, river island, new look etc. does anyone know of any stores that are not so famous with nice pieces?
I can name a few stores but you probably know them all but just in case you dont... Zara, H&M, Bershka, Forever21, Miss Sixty, Mango.
Most stores that open up in Dubai are famous but a couple that sell bits and pieces from different brands are Ginger & Lace and Sauce you will find unique pieces there. Also department stores like Harvey Nichols, Saks, Bloomingdales sometimes sell items around the same price range as the stores you mentioned in the casual/denim sections.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
dubai, shopping