How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop / shop by city
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

12-10-2005
front row

Dublin shopping
Going to Dublin for two weeks early Nov, then heading back home..never been there and was hoping someone can give me tips on where to go for shopping? particularly trends, and bargains

thanks

23-12-2005
scenester

Brown Thomas, Grafton Street, near St.Stephen's Green...It has most of the pret-à-porter and haute couture griffes. It has also a LV Store inside.

20-01-2006
fashion insider

I'm guessing designer bags are more expensive in Ireland than in the States?

Are there any designers in Ireland that are cheaper? (i.e. because of no exporting costs, etc.)

Can't hurt to ask

Noblesse oblige

Does anybody know if Brown Thomas or any other store in Dublin carries Pierre Hardy shoes?
TIA

17-01-2008
windowshopping

BTs does.

+35316056666 ask for shoe rooms.

Sale nearly over now

17-01-2008
Noblesse oblige

Great thanks!

02-01-2009
front row

Do they have any quirky shopping places in Dublin?
Not high street things, not high end. Just original shops.
I may be going to Dublin next month, last minute thing!!

24-01-2009
rising star

Ooh, seems this thread is a bit lonely! Some of the small streets of Grafton St are quite nice. Grafton St has all the usual high street label as well as international brands, which are going to be the same everywhere tbh. But the little laneways off it like Wicklow St, Drury St etc have quite sweet little places. STOCK on south King St (just down from St Stephen's green Shopping centre) has some lovely little things for the home and Sabbotage on Wicklow street is YUM! Full of pretty clothes and girly bric-a-brac.. There is an amazing vintage store called A Store is Born but it only opens every Saturday, its just around the corner from STOCK... Also The George's Street Arcade has some fun places, and the Market Bar that's attached to it does some yummy food that's not too pricey! Hope that helps a bit! Enjoy your trip!

24-01-2009
scenester

Indigo & Cloth on South William st.Its not too high end,from what iv seen of the womens clothing its very interesting for Dublin.The mens buy is probably the best in the city.Its my favourite clothing store in Dublin

Circus in Powerscourt Centre is decent.Lots of cool stuff in there.Pricey though.

Also in Powerscourt is the Loft,where local designers sell their own clothing.

Havana in Donnybrook(i think?)sounds amazing,its too far away for me and the fact that its womens doesnt give me much of an incentive to go there but they stock CDG,Rick Owens,Ann Demeulemeester,Yohji Yammamoto.Il get there one day to check it out(and beg that they expand into menswear)

09-04-2009
rising star

God, shopping in Dublin is really quite pathetic.

Cow's Lane Market at the west end of Temple Bar is where a lot of smaller and newer designers sell their wares at the weekend (I think)

I second the recommendations of Circus, the Loft etc. Also nearby is Smock on Drury St, a great little boutique selling some Maison Martin Margiela, Vanessa Bruno, Vivienne Westwood if I recall correctly. Inside the Georges St Arcade there is Om Diva, which everyone seem to rave about but I don't really 'get', and Tulle, another boutique selling Luella amongst others.

Not much by way of vintage in Dublin - there's the Harlequin and Jenny Vanders on Castle Market, but don't expect to find designer bargains. For that, chance your luck in the charity shops of Georges St and Aungier St.

backstage pass

^ are those 2 the only good vintage shops? I'm going this summer & I was hoping to do some vintage hunting. I've been to Dublin a million times, but my shopping was pretty much limited to Topshop & Brown Thomas. That store Smock sounds pretty good though. I will have to check that out!

rising star

there's also Wild Child in Temple Bar, which is more sportswear and shirts type vintage, but really the best places for 'vintage' are most likely the charity shops, Oxfam in particular on Georges St. There's another new vintage shop on Aungier St just up from Oxfam which looks promising, although I've only ducked my head in once

windowshopping

Best shop in Dublin (Ireland in fact) is Smock. Brilliant stock and owner Karen has an amazing eye. MMM, Vanessa Bruno, Tsumori Chisato, AF Vandevorst, Vivienne Westwood, Bernhard Willhelm and loads of others. I've spent far too much money in here but there's nowhere else

21-04-2009
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by anakaye View Post
there's also Wild Child in Temple Bar, which is more sportswear and shirts type vintage, but really the best places for 'vintage' are most likely the charity shops, Oxfam in particular on Georges St. There's another new vintage shop on Aungier St just up from Oxfam which looks promising, although I've only ducked my head in once
ooh thank you! I will definitely check out those places.

Also, what is Avoca like? My mom was there a few weeks ago & she went in there & said that it was nice, but she couldn't really describe it to me. She said she had lunch there, so is it like a department store type of place?

rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by roisin
Also, what is Avoca like? My mom was there a few weeks ago & she went in there & said that it was nice, but she couldn't really describe it to me. She said she had lunch there, so is it like a department store type of place?
I presume she went to the one in the city centre, and yes it is lovely and the food is quite yum! It is hard to describe.. very "yummy mummy," you know? Its a very tactile kind of shop i think, there clothes are the kind that just feel sooo soft! They sell.. shall we say boutique food, clothing (men, women and children) and publish cookery books. They also sell things like mugs and teapots... maybe like a softer, earthier version of Cath Kidson?! See www.avoca.ie to get what I'm talking about! Their food really is great, I often pop in for lunch! Buy the banana bread!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
dublin, shopping