How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop / shop by city
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

12-02-2007
princely

H&M - Vancouver Fall 2007
So a friend of mine told me they were opening an H&M here, so I went over to google if it was true or not. I found on a few others sites, whether they are rumours or not, but the first is set to open Fall 2007 in Coquitlam Centre, and the second location is to be at Robson & Granville.

Interesting, but it's weird to have the first location out in the suburbs. Sounds like what happened in Montreal...

Quote:
H&M Vancouver Hiring
Posted by timlo in Fashion
So it looks like Heather will be getting her wish for an H&M store. After *years* of rumours it appears H&M is finally heading westward. Girls and guys alike from the east have been enjoying this European powerhouse of affordable designer clothing.
They currently have postings on monster.com for the Vancouver store opening in Fall 2007 so it'll probably be another year before it comes, but at least it looks like there is a set date for sure. They're hiring for store managers, department managers, merchandisers etc. You can check it out at monster's job listings.

I have mixed feelings about having a H&M store here in Vancouver. It used to be my joy on my numerous trips to Toronto to pick up low cost and stylish items that weren't available here. Although these trips are far less frequent now and it'll be convenient to have an H&M store here in Vancouver, it'll also mean there will be tons of people wearing the same things. We all want to be unique right? I suppose it's for the better. YES! H&M
beyondrobson

Last edited by yourbestfriend; 12-02-2007 at 11:46 PM.

13-02-2007
front row

Wow, I live in Vancouver and I think placing it in Coquitlam is kind of weird to be quite honest! I haven't ever personally shopped at an H&M before but I'm sort of excited. I have to agree though, those little 13 year olds are going to have a field day.

13-02-2007
princely

If they put H&M in Coquitlam Centre, the only possible spot large enough and vacant is the old location for Coast Mountain Sports. Still an odd place though.......but I guess they have a reason? Theres also an Urban Outfitters opening on Granville St as well.

Well, what is important is how you personally wear it, regardless if others will have the same items, although you can't count on Vancouverites to pick up on trends whether or not theres an H&M in the city. There will still be an abundance of gore tex and lululemon

Last edited by yourbestfriend; 13-02-2007 at 02:52 AM.
13-02-2007
front row

It's so strange that it takes Vancouver longer to get H&M and Urban Outfitters than Edmonton. Our H&M is openning soon and my friend just called me about Sephora openning up too..

13-02-2007
rising star

Omg so excited about this!! I think that after a year or two of H&M being open here, it will be very big and everyone will be shopping there. People can only wear lululemon for so long... well thats what I'm hoping at least.

01-03-2007
backstage pass

Does anyone know any dates yet? Even the month?

slow death

coquitlam is weird... i don't know about toronto (i'm assuming it's downtown though) but here in montreal the h&m is kind of far from the city in mont-royal. and also uniqlo has a bunch of locations in new jersey of all places...

04-03-2007
backstage pass

Wait wait wait... will there be an Urban Outfitters coming too?

front row

Yep I think it's supposed to be opening in the middle of this month!!! On Granville I believe. I've been to their locations in the states and I think that most of their items are terribly overpriced for the quality you get. 30 bucks for a thin t-shirt!?

05-03-2007
princely

Quote:
Originally Posted by shutterbug
Wait wait wait... will there be an Urban Outfitters coming too?
It's opening pretty soon, last time I saw it they had the sign up, and were doing the finishing on the inside. It's on the same block as American Apparel on Granville St betewen Robson and The Orpheum.

08-03-2007
rising star

I thought they were joking about Coquitlam at first so I asked the staffs at Coquitlam Centre and they said its going to be where the Old Coast Mountain used to be (along with the other small shop that was beside it). THey started the construction already since the store is slated to open in the fall.
Coq Centre mall is getting really convinient now...they have aritizia opening now too.
..still its a really odd chose....I guess they figured Lougheed doesnt have room, neither does metrotown...so they probably went w/ COq since the lease is cheaper?

Urban Outfitters is opening around mid March 13~15 -ish.
Miss sixty , parasuco and puma is planning to open along granville aswell.

18-06-2007
backstage pass

Urban Outfitters is horrible. It is overpriced crap. I am intrigued to go to H&m though..

18-06-2007
princely

I think theyre opening late august/september. Their hirees are expected to start in "late summer". The second location is supposed to open in Pacific Centre where Holt Renfrew used to be. Also someone said Nordstrom's is coming 2008 though theyre keeping it a secret, but there are billboards in Seattle expecting a surprise up north? I dont think this is very reliable.

Last edited by yourbestfriend; 18-06-2007 at 07:17 PM.
18-06-2007
backstage pass

I'm pretty sure the first H&M in Toronto was in the suburbs too. It was at Fairview Mall, I believe (that store is super small though. It's NOTHING like the store at the Eaton Centre or Bloor St. You aren't going to get the designer lines there.)

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2007, fall, handm, vancouver