How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop / shop by city
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

01-09-2005
front row

HELp! Going To Vancouver in 2 days! Anyone sell Dior Homme ???
Are there any retailers in Vancouver that carry Dior Homme ?

01-09-2005
doom doom doom

WWW.LEONE.CA

They also do phone orders, someone from the DH MSN groups works there too...

01-09-2005
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by drexl
WWW.LEONE.CA

They also do phone orders, someone from the DH MSN groups works there too...
Awesome thanks!

02-09-2005
rising star

Im going to vancouver real soon too, can anyone recommend other stores that are worth checking out? Would like to pick up some acne jeans......

05-09-2005
windowshopping

i don't think vancouver carries acne anymore - Bruce did, but they closed down a couple months ago.

what kinda clothes are you into? where are you coming from?

main street is good for vintage and local designers - eugene choo, twigg and hottie carry cool local designers. anti social is a neat skate shop, carries WE and other not so mainstream skate labels. tons a vintage shops.

gastown is wicked! all the stores are kinda spread out, and it's on the edge of cracktown but the bums are harmless. check out Richard Kidd for sure - it's a cool store carries comme des garcon and the likes. Bloc, Chinchilla, Dream, livestock (cool limited edition kicks, mostly of the skating variety). gastown is awesome, you just have too walk around and go through every street because you don't know what you'll find.

yaletown is allright, it's the ritzy part of downtown. atomic model, global atomic i don't know the names of the rest of the stores - diesel, miss sixty, rock and republic, adidas etc etc.

robson is the main drag and has all the main chains like zara, club monaco, below the belt, aritzia and such. i normaly go on robson only for El Kartel - lotsa local designers, cool limited edition shoes, cool art. Vital carries a lot of WE, and i love WE.
down robson around granville street there's a bunch of cool stores. temple of the moderne girl, true value vintage and used are nice vintage shops. american apparel is on granville as well.

holt renfrew in pacific centre is the store too hit if you're into big designers.

let me know what kinda stuff you're looking for and i'll go into detail if you'd like.

17-09-2005
front row

4th street has some good local designers

But Van isnt too great for shopping overall, go for the beautiful city since it is loads more beautiful than Toronto.

04-12-2005
trendsetter

anyone offer marc by marc?

04-12-2005
trendsetter

Hmmm when I go to Van I usually hit up Robson, Pacific Centre, Richmond Mall and those Asian malls and Metro. Not very creative I know...

I need to know if any store in Van sells skinny jeans?

Oh and I heard Leone had DH, but in the larger sizes or something

05-12-2005
V.I.P.

Well, Vancouver's not known for shopping, thats for sure...but highclass trash pretty much summed it up for ya...:p
Just wanna add that Bruce's owner have opened another guerilla type store on Homer/Smithe called Komakino; they continue to carry on the Belgian Antwerp moody aesthetic like Ann Demeulemeester, Yohji, Costume Nationale, Martin Margiela, Dark Shadows by Rick Owens, Raf Simons...worth checking out for sure...
Also, Richard Kidd is great to scoop up some cool stuff (the Undercover stock is yumy yummy ) also their own RichKidd line (esp the hoodies) is also exceptional, Tsubi, Acne skinny jeans r there too. For women, Balenciaga Le Dix and Stella McCartney fill up their loft beautifully...
As for Dior Homme, I think only Leone carries it, along with lotsof other high-end, more well-known brands, same as Holt Renfrew (which has Marc by MJ for those who r interested )
Moreover, Gastown is great to find local design(as listed by highclass trash) and vintage (much cheaper vintage I might add) clothes ...some more stores such as One of a few which just opened in Nov on Water st, cute, small space with interesting clothes, unfortunately womenswear only...not a lot of menswear in Gastown for sure, but Mintage and Deluxe junk are two cool vintage shops that have extensive selections for men (for ladies who r into the baubles, bling bling, check out deluxe junk's selection of vintage jewelleries...they are cool, as I've seen Goldie Hawn and Rebecca Romijn there buying old fur and rocks regularly )...
Go across to South Granville after the bridge, u find more stores resemble Robson st...Caban, Zebra club, DKNY, but also check out Bacci's; they carry Chloe, JPGaultie, Valentino Red, Dries Van Noten...etc (women only)
Kitsilano on West 4th is also good fpr trendy shopping...Gravity Pope is practically the most diversed shoe boutique in VCV, also Moule, Fab, Highend clothing, Liquid, M.M.K, Nacional clothing (lots of menswear)
Damn, I sounded like a tour guide, hehe hope it helps

05-12-2005
tfs star

I was going to make some suggestions but I think kiddokiddo & highclassthrash pretty much summed it all up! I was just reading an article the other day in the Vancouver Sun about Campbell McDougall's guerilla shop...oh and check out www.richardkidd.net for ideas about what they have..

Last edited by pinkcouture; 05-12-2005 at 03:55 AM.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
days, dior, homme, sell, vancouver