How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop / shop by city
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

02-03-2006
front row

I checked the store in Kamppi (Provokante, 2nd floor). It's very sleek and Wallpaperish, not my cup of tea, but if you're into mainstream high fashion it's the best in town. Loads of Jil Sander, Prada and Chloé coming in two weeks. Needless to say, super expensive.

02-03-2006
windowshopping

Hey all!

...there's Ivana Helsinki also! They have pretty cool stuff..

03-03-2006
trendsetter

cakesniffer, I read your article, congrats again!
And I've been wondering where they got all this A.F. Vandevorst and Margiela stuff I've been seeing in Nöjesguiden, IMAGE etc. I actually went to Kamppi yesterday but it was so crowded I didn't feel like looking at anything but I'll have to go have a look at Provokante after the "opening hype" is over. Jil Sander is hideously expensive though, as tuomas mentioned already. What's the store on Tehtaankatu going to be called?

04-03-2006
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by *EllaH
cakesniffer, I read your article, congrats again!
And I've been wondering where they got all this A.F. Vandevorst and Margiela stuff I've been seeing in Nöjesguiden, IMAGE etc. I actually went to Kamppi yesterday but it was so crowded I didn't feel like looking at anything but I'll have to go have a look at Provokante after the "opening hype" is over. Jil Sander is hideously expensive though, as tuomas mentioned already. What's the store on Tehtaankatu going to be called?
AF Vandervorst from 2+or and Margiela from Seven, both on Eerikinkatu...The store on Tehtaankatu will be called Calypso, awful name, non?

trendsetter

That name sounds familiar... Are they moving or opening there for the first time? What is it with these awful names

07-03-2006
rising star

wow really great tips !!! Keep them coming !! I'd especially like to know about the men's fashion places...

cheers !

08-03-2006
rising star

what is that shop close to erottaja beside the old Helsingin Sanomat building which sells jeans from true religion, rock and republic etc. what other brands do they have and do they have clothes too or just jeans? Are they for men ?

10-03-2006
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by *EllaH
That name sounds familiar... Are they moving or opening there for the first time? What is it with these awful names
I think it's the 1st time around, though there's this super tacky shop already on the same street with the same name selling interior lines by Versace, Blumarine and Fendi. I really hope it's not the same store. Can't imagine a Comme or Yohji frock hanging next to leopard print sofa. The Helsinki 10 buyers tried to get women's Comme as well, but Calypso will have exclusive rights for at least 2 seasons starting from a/w 06...it's a pity cos I'm far more excited about the Helsinki 10's autumn line up with Raf Simons etc.

trendsetter

Oh that's why it sounds familiar, I pass by that store everyday by tram. I doubt it's the same "Calypso", it wouldn't really make sense to have them in the same store. Although it does seem a bit odd to have two stores with the same name on the same street...
Thanks for all the info, so does that mean that we might be expecting women's CdG in Helsinki for A/W -07?

19-03-2006
backstage pass

My God, I hope those shops are good, because I'm going crazy with these mainstream stores that I can't find anything to wear...
I was actually wondering, if I was losing my ability to SHOP, but then I desided that it is the shops.. not me... I hope..

21-03-2006
front row

Thanks for all the info, so does that mean that we might be expecting women's CdG in Helsinki for A/W -07?[/quote]

...indeed it does!

rising star

any news on new brands arriving to Helsinki?

23-05-2006
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ella
Oh that's why it sounds familiar, I pass by that store everyday by tram. I doubt it's the same "Calypso", it wouldn't really make sense to have them in the same store. Although it does seem a bit odd to have two stores with the same name on the same street...
Thanks for all the info, so does that mean that we might be expecting women's CdG in Helsinki for A/W -07?
Ok...it is the same Kalypso with the tacky furniture, how freaky is that? I live round the corner and noticed that they were putting the clothes on the rails...so far I saw Y's Yohji plus Comme Comme and ....unfortunately Dsquared2 and Dirk Bikkembergs, that's one weird selection there. Talked with Minna from 2+or on Eerikinkatu, they're getting Junya Watanabe for next autumn!!!

Helsinki 10 already had some Comme parfumes, the men's clothes should start arriving in July...

backstage pass

I am also visiting Helsinki in July and I'm looking for clothing that will be completly different from what you find here in the States. What are some good vintage/thrift stores? I need a brand new wardrobe so what are some good stores without outrages prices?

?

Sevenweekslater: I'm not from Helsinki so there's probably a lot better places to go, but on Fredrikinkatu there are several second-hand shops with all kinds of stuff. Many of them carry vintage designer items at decent prices too.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
helsinki, shopping