How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop / shop by city
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

01-02-2009
backstage pass

My friend just got back from Hong Kong and bought me a really funky scarf

18-02-2009
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicciolina View Post
Btw went to the vintage store Retrostone in post 41 - didn't like the women's selection much at all, but they had tons of leather jackets for men, from about HK$500-900 in price (a steal). My boyfriend picked up one with a hood for HK$650 - less than US$100, about AU$130.
i know women's selection there is for teenager who wears size 0 very very small

18-02-2009
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by waxy View Post
I miss Hong Kong!! Might visit again this July, just right in time for the Summer sale!
u seemed to have fun, any exp to share?
summer in hk is horrible though

23-02-2009
tfs star

^lol, i have to agree!

31-03-2009
windowshopping

Does any one know anything about slashed/cut label products in Hong Kong. There are currently multiple stores selling contemporary brands such as Paul and Joe, Chloe, Marc by Marc Jacobs for really cheap. Ive seen stores on Granville Rd and Johnston Rd. Are these products authentic? And are theyre more of these stores elsewhere?

12-04-2009
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by mng.hon View Post
Does any one know anything about slashed/cut label products in Hong Kong. There are currently multiple stores selling contemporary brands such as Paul and Joe, Chloe, Marc by Marc Jacobs for really cheap. Ive seen stores on Granville Rd and Johnston Rd. Are these products authentic? And are theyre more of these stores elsewhere?
there's a lot of these stores in Causeway Bay. I've always been a bit wary of the authenticity as these are also EVERYWHERE in ShenZhen. They claim that it's slightly defected products but sometimes I won't recognise the style at all. Their favourite claim seems to be BCBG lately but none of their 'BCBG' clothes are really BCBG if you know what I mean. You can find those stores in Hang Lung Centre in Causeway Bay (most likely to be authentic but also pricier and also many are whole sellers) or little boutiques in Soho. La Foret and Island Beverly has select boutiques that also sell slashed labels

26-04-2009
fashion icon

At those places the Chloe/Lanvin/Chanel/Fendi stuff is ALWAYS fake!

Hang Lung place is for wholesalers only I thought - I thought you couldn't go unless you had a business card for a retail store or something?

11-05-2009
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicciolina View Post
At those places the Chloe/Lanvin/Chanel/Fendi stuff is ALWAYS fake!

Hang Lung place is for wholesalers only I thought - I thought you couldn't go unless you had a business card for a retail store or something?
No there are select stores in Hang Lung that lets you purchase retail.

There's also been a crop of warehouse sales from major brands lately. Received eight of those invitations in the past week, up to 90% off Vivenne Westwood, Moschino, Jimmy Choo, Marc Jacobs, Juicy Couture, Bulgari etc. Have posted all the invites on the blog. If you're interested, feel free to print out the invites.

Last edited by Legyviel; 03-11-2009 at 08:27 AM. Reason: self-promotion
21-05-2009
rising star

So I leave HK in a few days and I finally went to joyce warehouse and the lane crawford one today. didnt buy anything in either store but found one place on the floor below called Pompei and bought a Prada at half the price and no tax! thats one thing i like about hk is the no tax part. Didnt buy much on this whole trip except the purse and some jewlery at TSL. feels like a bust for my first time here lol.

11-06-2009
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiny View Post
So I leave HK in a few days and I finally went to joyce warehouse and the lane crawford one today. didnt buy anything in either store but found one place on the floor below called Pompei and bought a Prada at half the price and no tax! thats one thing i like about hk is the no tax part. Didnt buy much on this whole trip except the purse and some jewlery at TSL. feels like a bust for my first time here lol.
You gotta keep in mind that it's quality and not quantity! although both is the ideal combination hehe

24-07-2009
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by HK Fashion Geek View Post
there's a lot of these stores in Causeway Bay. I've always been a bit wary of the authenticity as these are also EVERYWHERE in ShenZhen. They claim that it's slightly defected products but sometimes I won't recognise the style at all. Their favourite claim seems to be BCBG lately but none of their 'BCBG' clothes are really BCBG if you know what I mean. You can find those stores in Hang Lung Centre in Causeway Bay (most likely to be authentic but also pricier and also many are whole sellers) or little boutiques in Soho. La Foret and Island Beverly has select boutiques that also sell slashed labels
thank you so much for your help! i seems that these stores are getting away with posting labels such as bcbg, lanvin and marni on just about any item of apparel. your blog is also amazing..im back in hong kong again in august and so disapointed i missed the fendi sale a few months ago!

11-08-2009
front row

going to HK in two weeks. Are the summer sales still going on or have they ended, like here in the states??

I've been to HK once before. I noticed that there are alot of shops that sell second hand handbags. Are these authentic? some of the LV bags looked fake. which shops are reputable?

Also, where is a good place to buy a rolex or cartier (real please)?

Thanks everyone for your help!

28-09-2009
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by eunhe View Post
going to HK in two weeks. Are the summer sales still going on or have they ended, like here in the states??

I've been to HK once before. I noticed that there are alot of shops that sell second hand handbags. Are these authentic? some of the LV bags looked fake. which shops are reputable?

Also, where is a good place to buy a rolex or cartier (real please)?

Thanks everyone for your help!

hi sorry for the lateeee reply,
for those 2nd bag store, "Milan station" is the oldest one, and its reliable. but of coz always check the bag detail carefully to make sure.
for rolex and cartier...most of the decent jewelery stores sell it. but i think the price is fixed like the official cartier store... not sure

03-11-2009
tfs star

I love going to Argyle Center for cheap clothing, shoes, accessories! I also like the stores around Granville Road. HK's also where I get my H&M fix, as there is none here in the Philippines.

The city-wide sales are from June to August, I think. I'll be there in March, and I can't wait to go shopping. I'm so glad it's only under two hours by plane from where I live.

18-11-2010
fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tung View Post
i know women's selection there is for teenager who wears size 0 very very small
I didn't notice the sizing, I just thought what was available was absolutely horrid and cheap. Maybe I went there when there was a bad selection?

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
hong, kong, shopping