How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop / shop by city
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

27-06-2007
backstage pass

There's a few July 4th sales going on this weekend and Rice Village has sales going on every weekend.

02-07-2007
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberfruit View Post
I finally visited Lot 8 (I don't shop...at all), and at first I was underwhelmed with the selction, but then I saw the uber gorgeous Sydney Gown in black so I tried it on...

I will have that dress.
yeah...that store is sort of poorly edited. it has gotten better, but it's definitely not one of the best places to shop in houston.

another great boutique for girls is gurej...they stock rebecca minkoff, superfine and other stuff you can't find everywhere.

front row

Im confused so they now have a Juicy Outlet at katy mills? an one is opening at Galleria? I also heard Bottega Veneta and DeBeers are opening as well. I wish they would open a Dolce&Gabbana again.

04-07-2007
backstage pass

the siren: i don't think it is open yet, unless someone else who has been can tell us different. according to the website it was supposed open in Spring, and then summer came along, and they updated saying it should open in Summer. i'm just trying to get some skinny jeans in gray. i already have the off black ones and whites ones, and the store on Westheimer never has them in my size.

happy 4th everyone, and play it safe.

GO ARGENTINA!!!! (sorry, Copa America is going on right now and i have soccer on the mind.)

04-07-2007
fashion insider

dorien- maybe order them online? i went to see M.I.A. at the engine room in summer of 2005 and i remember seeing TONS of marketing for am ap in the windows of an empty space downtown. i figured that would be the first location, but then it popped up on westheimer. it's odd that they'll put one downtown...i mean, good, but you just think they'd space them out more. downtown is undergoing major renovations though, so maybe it's best in the long run.

galleriaresident- the juicy couture opening in the galleria will be a free standing regular store, not an outlet. it is in galleria I next to louis vuitton in the old adrienne whatever space.

HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY YOU GUYS!

i'm out of the country, but i've got firecrackers and hotdogs (bleh, i know! hahah!) ready to go for tonight! YAY!

backstage pass

^^

yeah, i would but they don't have the color i want online.
i want a silver in a size 30.
i could shimmy in to a 29, anything below that is too

07-07-2007
fashion insider

isn't the sizing on them all over the place as well?

it may not be wise to order them online, even if they did have them, because i've read mixed messages when it comes to sizing.

backstage pass

well the thing i hate about the jeans is the pockets, they usually come in a different color then the jeans, which you really can't tell

but

my whites ones came with green pockets, and when i washed them...yep... the green smeared all over the thigh.

maybe i don't know what am doing but yeah...

when i ordered them online, i specifically asked them to send the jeans in the same color combination... it's like they don't speak English over there or something. oh well. now i know better. i'm just going to have to be patient and get them at the store.

how's everyone's summer. TOO HOT for me. i'm thinking of getting out of here...probably going to guatemala to visit the family. the land of eternal spring, never goes above 80 degrees.

09-07-2007
trendsetter

^ raining!!! I am sick and tired of this rain. I swear, I'm going to kill myself. I'm leaving to New York from August 1-9th so I hope I can do some major shopping for back to school. I just think I'm going to buy some Dior jeans and some stuff that is hard to get in Houston. (which is pretty much everything).

What did you guys think of the new Bottega Venneta store in the Galleria? The SA were super nice and helpful, maybe cause I was wearing Dior and McQueen... but still, they helped me out on trying shoes and stuff, I just wish they had menswear. *sigh*

front row

They Never have the menswear wear you want to they Sigh. Is the new Fendi boutique going to have menswear? They said they were really upgrading it.

11-07-2007
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by the-smiths View Post
^ raining!!! I am sick and tired of this rain. I swear, I'm going to kill myself. I'm leaving to New York from August 1-9th so I hope I can do some major shopping for back to school. I just think I'm going to buy some Dior jeans and some stuff that is hard to get in Houston. (which is pretty much everything).

What did you guys think of the new Bottega Venneta store in the Galleria? The SA were super nice and helpful, maybe cause I was wearing Dior and McQueen... but still, they helped me out on trying shoes and stuff, I just wish they had menswear. *sigh*
WHAT?! a BV opened? where in the gal? this is so awesome because the selection at saks is always crap. the display cases have really ugly nicked wallets and clutches...srsly! get that off the floor...it looks tacky-ola.

i talked to my parents and sister the other day and my mom said it's just raining all of the time, which i know with the heat must be brutal. i may postpone getting back until september...as IF that will mean it's cooler, it won't.

there really is nowhere super awesome to shop for males, is there? i could see mix carrying really cool menswear because they just do awesome buying, but i guess we don't have enough of a demographic for it. most wealthy men just wear well-tailored suits and even for casual wear don't want things that are complicated/cool (ann d., dior homme, etc.). is it possible to have dior transfer in dior homme items to have you try on/possibly buy? might be worth asking...

fashion insider

so juicy has opened, but my sister said it's meh. i'm still excited; i'm such a cheeseball.

has anyone been to mix lately? their site isn't working and i'm wondering what they ordered for fall...

trendsetter

^ I actually found the store to be super cute! I'm going next week to get my cousin her Juicy bag that she wants.

What is this store Mix? I never heard of it.

fashion insider

mix is a store off colquitt...it used to be off of kirby. it's a high end store and they have a pretty well-edited selection of things...lanvin, mcqueen, balenciaga and the like. i'm wondering what lanvin shoes they bought.

front row

is the mix sale still going on?

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
houston, shopping