How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop / shop by city
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

13-04-2009
Swim Upstream

last time i was in Houston I asked one of the sales assistants if they did Marni.......and she looked at me witha vacant stare....she had never heard of marni

08-06-2009
fashion insider

how is the VS at the galleria small in size? it's pretty massive for not being a tourist store like vegas.

V.I.P.

Are there any sales in mid November? Where are the best outlets? I read San Marcos earlier in the thread, but that it was a 2 hours drive.. not too sure about going 2 hours for an outlet

18-11-2010
fashion icon

Bumping this up Probably won't be looking for chain store/designer shopping so much (I'll also be going to NYC and LA) but if there's anything that's really unique to Houston - like great vintage, I'd really appreciate it Or if everything in this thread is still relevant, that'll also be awesome

05-01-2011
V.I.P.

i was listing the radio like 3 days ago,and they said houston is the 1st city where people shop the most. n they also said houston have 54 malls
i dont know how acurate that is,but that what i heard.....
.i dont know if the count all the flea market as malls too,lol

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorien View Post
didn't do it for me M8
oh well, not that i have the money on me anyways.
they could atleast open up an H&M in towncheap and reasonably trendy.

well they FINALLY ARE.two

rising star

the H&M finally opened!

I just wish it was more central....

17-07-2012
windowshopping

Both H&M stores are sadly disappointing, and for a european like myself I can gladly say H&M in Europe (I am from Athens, so I only have experience with the stores in Athens) cannot be compared to the H&M stores in Houston. I am not sure if this is just a Houston thing, poor visual merchandising/stocking due to the fact that the stores just recently opened or if it is this bad throughout the US, but I can say the H&M stores are not worth a visit, especially if you live inside the loop and have to drive out there for basically nothing? I didn't find a single thing I liked when I visited the one at Willowbrook Mall. Their Men's collection and section was much better than the Women's in my opinion, and the quality looked great for the prices too, but other than that I was highly disappointed because I've been waiting for this to happen for the longest time :/

rising star

what terrible news!

I am in Europe at the moment have have not been stocking up on H&M thinking I could easily pick stuff up when I get back to Houston.

Isn't it strange that european chains in Houston are so different to in Europe (e.g. the zara at the galleria is crazy understocked...) Maybe the stuff just sells out quicker

04-02-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberries View Post
what terrible news!

I am in Europe at the moment have have not been stocking up on H&M thinking I could easily pick stuff up when I get back to Houston.

Isn't it strange that european chains in Houston are so different to in Europe (e.g. the zara at the galleria is crazy understocked...) Maybe the stuff just sells out quicker
the men's deparment is really BAD
n I can believe there is only one Zara in Houston

rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by alonsoJonathan View Post
the men's deparment is really BAD
n I can believe there is only one Zara in Houston

I work near one of the H&M's and every time that I go in there, I am so disappointed. I wouldn't wear anything that they carry. It all feels so cheap.

On the other hand, I *LOVE* our Zara. As far as vintage, I have heard good things about the consignment shop, More Than You Can Imagine off of Westheimer and Kirby.

On the other hand, we apparently have evolved - since Saks carries some Marni lol. Also, while I haven't had any lucky actually *finding* Elizabeth and James sunglasses, every shop I've hit up has at least heard of the brand.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
houston, shopping