How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop / shop by city
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

30-05-2006
trendsetter

Today I went to galleria and had one of the WORST service ever! I was about to buy this Alexander McQueen map shirt, it was amazing, but the sales guy was a prick! I was so pissed when i left that store i almost cried of how bad this guy treated me. I think it was more the fact i was just wearing a band shirt and some jeans and my vans. I was pissed off. I have not yet had a good shopping experience in the galleria.

30-05-2006
fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by the-smiths
Today I went to galleria and had one of the WORST service ever! I was about to buy this Alexander McQueen map shirt, it was amazing, but the sales guy was a prick! I was so pissed when i left that store i almost cried of how bad this guy treated me. I think it was more the fact i was just wearing a band shirt and some jeans and my vans. I was pissed off. I have not yet had a good shopping experience in the galleria.
what store? I bet Gregories?

30-05-2006
front row

Gucci Gal I was thinking the same thing. Ive been fortunate to have good experiences at the Galleria, except for a certain sales associate at emporio armani who always gives me an up & down look no matter what lol.

What the hell did the sales guy do to you??

30-05-2006
backstage pass

McQueen at the galleria, that's news to me.

don't feel bad smithy, their loss.
just take your money elsewhere.

31-05-2006
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by GalleriaResident
Houston is suppose to have an H&M(from a very good source) in that expansion area where lord & taylor was. Oceanaire,H&M,Borders an others.

i was wondering what they were going to do there. when i heard they were bringing a barneys, i thought that was where going to put it there, but then they put it where J Crew used to be, and it was a Co-op.

31-05-2006
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by guccigal07
what store? I bet Gregories?
Yes, Gregories, their sales men Santiago was beign a prick. He was acting as thought I was not worthy in that store. PSH!

31-05-2006
fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by the-smiths
Yes, Gregories, their sales men Santiago was beign a prick. He was acting as thought I was not worthy in that store. PSH!
FYI I have a map print top. I love it.

I HATE HATE HATE that store. never go in there. I buy alot of designer clothes, shoes bags, etc

I called the Dallas store and asked if they had the Mcqueen Novak...it was last spring.

The owner was like what is your address...took it down and looked it up going oh I see you live in uptown well we will let you have the bag if you come in and buy stuff first.

I told them to F off. I hate that store everything about it.

Pisses me off they carried the Chloe REAL paddingtons the first season and now they carry fake versions.

screw that. never go into that store.

I walked in with Manolo croc shoes....and a birkin bag....looking bad ***. they treated me like CRAP until they r ealized it was a real birkin and real croc shoes...and they sucked up and I was like I odn't like anything in here.

I HATE THAT STORE>

31-05-2006
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by guccigal07
FYI I have a map print top. I love it.

I HATE HATE HATE that store. never go in there. I buy alot of designer clothes, shoes bags, etc

I called the Dallas store and asked if they had the Mcqueen Novak...it was last spring.

The owner was like what is your address...took it down and looked it up going oh I see you live in uptown well we will let you have the bag if you come in and buy stuff first.

I told them to F off. I hate that store everything about it.

Pisses me off they carried the Chloe REAL paddingtons the first season and now they carry fake versions.

screw that. never go into that store.

I walked in with Manolo croc shoes....and a birkin bag....looking bad ***. they treated me like CRAP until they r ealized it was a real birkin and real croc shoes...and they sucked up and I was like I odn't like anything in here.

I HATE THAT STORE>
I think i am going back to get it. Its haunting me! I loved it to much and i would hate to see someone else taking it. So I will just go in and not even talk to them. Go in and get it and get out hahaha.

01-06-2006
front row

What is with the Greggories horror stories?? Ive never had a problem there 2x someone didnt approach me(dallas store kept wanting to buy everything) but besides that ive never had someone be just rude to me there.

02-06-2006
backstage pass

don't know...
sometimes i think it's a race thing.
(i'm hispanic btw)
sometimes i'll go into a store and the attendents will just assume i couldn't possible afford the merchandise. however if i've bought from them before, then they usually remember me and it's cool.
but if they are really rude, i'll just take my business elsewhere.

02-06-2006
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorien
just take your money elsewhere.
exactly.

when i was 18, a disgusting bald, overweight queen working the nars couter at neiman marcus referred to me as "just a little spanish girl" to another customer (who he was applying makeup on).

F*CK. THAT.

i haven't been back in that store since, and neither has my family, which is sad considering my mom buys bags like it's her job. of course, we travel enough and there are enough OTHER stores for us to spend money at, but it's the principle of the matter. when people find out i'm from texas, they always think i'm a neiman's girl, but nope...i'm all saks.

that's really my only bad shopping experience, but it was awful. everywhere i shop knows me, so i don't really have much trouble. i'm not much of a mall girl, but i do love betsey johnson for fun party shoes, nordstrom for lingerie and jimmy choo because they've done brilliant flat sandals this year.

EDIT: also, a borders IS indeed going up to construct gallera 5. i don't know anything about a h&m, but one of my dad's best friends is the head manager overlooking the architecture of galleria 5 (he was also in charge of galleria 4) and he told us about borders over the christmas holidays. originally, barneys was going to also be in this space, but when j.crew's lease was up and they decided to expand, barneys decided to take that space.

Last edited by Bonchic; 03-06-2006 at 10:38 PM. Reason: *please see tfs guidelines*
02-06-2006
front row

Well Find out what else is going there???

02-06-2006
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorien
don't know...
sometimes i think it's a race thing.
(i'm hispanic btw)
sometimes i'll go into a store and the attendents will just assume i couldn't possible afford the merchandise. however if i've bought from them before, then they usually remember me and it's cool.
but if they are really rude, i'll just take my business elsewhere.
I am also hispanic and it seems like they always look down on us. *tear*

02-06-2006
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by GalleriaResident
Well Find out what else is going there???
i'll try. i never ever see that guy except over the holidays or if someone in their circle celebrates a 294892432948234 anniversary of being with a company because they're all old goats.

20-07-2006
backstage pass

Hey!

this thread is a great help for all the general retail info - but my parents may be moving to houston and ill be coming over from australia probably for about a month per year... whats the style like down there.... is there any good fashion scenes going on? ive kind of heard that is all a bit american apparel but im sure there is some cool ppl there! just wondering where to find them

any good clubs etc?

thanks would be a great help - ive kind of been googleing the place and all i can bring up is some dodgy tourist info....

Last edited by fashionistasista; 20-07-2006 at 10:13 PM.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
houston, shopping