How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop / shop by city
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

07-12-2006
backstage pass

ok, so i was going through the rick owens website and i ran into this little piece of info.

apparently a store called Mix carries Rick Owens in Houston, alas, only for women. guess i'll just have to wait until my next trip to do some shopping.

www.mixmodern.com

just in case

07-12-2006
trendsetter

^ O thanks for that info! I never had seen this store...

08-12-2006
front row

Where the hell did that store come from? It looks really cool I assume its only womens wear
Hold on is this that store that used to be right on kirby?

27-12-2006
fashion insider

^^^
yes. it's off colquitt now. it's relocated to a really gorgeous space, although the old location was awesome because it was so non-descript. she carries lanvin, mcqueen, balenciaga, and all of that good pricey gorgeous stuff. it's been around for quite some time. very high end...she's been stocking rick owens for years now. it's usually only the jackets and coats though, which is really useless for texas. i did buy a rick owens tank dress there, but i haven't seen them since. i want some long tanks from him.

dorien- i don't think we're talking about the same shoes...i searched the site after i lost the shoes, and called around to different barneys. apparently, they're pretty old shoes (as in, not brand new, i suppose) and not stocked anymore. lame. i'm out of the country right now, so for whatever reason converse.com isn't coming up...

mix is one of the very few places that carries jeremy laing...he's becoming a pretty big deal. of course, his quirky little sack dresses that look like they're a great find from value village will set you back a grand, but who's counting.

front row

Ive been in their once.(old location)I wish places like that in Houston carried mens clothes. Hell I wish somewhere in Houston carried a Large selection of mens DG,Richmond,Versace,Etc always such a small selection but I guess that is alot of places.

28-12-2006
trendsetter

The only places that are kind of stocking some decent stuff has been Barneys, I just dislike the sales people. They seem so clueless. But by far my favorite place to shop has been YSL. Love the sales people, they are so helpful and so nice.

29-12-2006
fashion insider

^^^
i agree.

they sort of give barneys a bad name, imho. they aren't very up-to-date as far as product knowledge go, and they're sort of ugly...that's such a terrible thing to say, but they just don't look put together, you know?

backstage pass

you guys are mean :p

sooo......
i recently went to mixmodern, my brother was trying to get his girl something, and i suggested the place (last minute christmas gift). the building itself is quite nice, the man who helped us was was very attentive. He even recommended that if we saw something we liked, we could wait until the second week of Jan when they were going to have their big sale.

happy holidays fellow Houstonians.

have a safe trip thesiren

29-12-2006
trendsetter

^ But its true, Barneys sucks. For a while they had APC and when I went back to get some the sales guy was clueless of what I was talking about and he told me how they never had APC, but I swear to god, they had it!
Do you guys know any other place where they might have APC jeans? I want to try them.

29-12-2006
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesiren
they sort of give barneys a bad name, imho. they aren't very up-to-date as far as product knowledge go, and they're sort of ugly...that's such a terrible thing to say, but they just don't look put together, you know?
you kill me!

front row

Houston needs a real Barneys F*ck Co-op! Their is enough room for them to build a full line dept. store at the Galleria. YSL is a great store they have good sales ppl. I like the look of that store.

29-12-2006
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GalleriaResident
Houston needs a real Barneys F*ck Co-op! Their is enough room for them to build a full line dept. store at the Galleria.
completely agree! oh how, i miss the old barneys. they could have built a full one at the wing near konagrill. plenty of space. instead they built a borders bookstore.

trendsetter

^ since we dont have enough bookstores!
Grrrrrrrrr.

30-12-2006
fashion insider

^^^
I KNOW! there's barnes just across the street, and then there's that massive borders on kirby! at barney's i use tina, who is super duper sweet. what is the sale like at mix? i've only shopped there a few times and it was during the regular seasons. i get back into town on the 15th, so hopefully i'll get to stop by and pick over leftovers. for girls, don't forget the abejas sale in late jan/early feb...it's usually superbowl weekend and SUCH a great stop for basics like james perse, juicy, jeans, and crap like that. i have a james perse hoodie i travel with that i've had for four years. i scored it at abejas for $15 during that sale!

trendsetter

^ Houston does not know how to plan their stores or something! This city is so lame sometimes. Tommorow I'm going downtown to Soundwaves to find cds and maybe hit some stores around Montrose. Is there any stores that is worth going in?

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
houston, shopping