How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop / shop by city
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

04-01-2007
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by GalleriaResident
Its at the new mall in san antonio: Shops At Las Cantana I think that is how you spell it.
you got it pretty close haha--its Shops at La Cantera. Its super pretty. San Antonio is kinda dry hot so it get kinda annoying shopping outside and the fans outside do nothing for you...

05-01-2007
V.I.P.

^you're right it is very pretty.... I went a few times right after it opened. I like the Anthropologie on Westheimer & The Woodlands Mall much better though I made quit a haul at Buffalo Exchange this week. I'm going again today with friends who've never been

trendsetter

^ what did you find!? I been able to find some alright stuff at Buffolo, most the time i feel so..... annoyed with how its organized.

07-01-2007
V.I.P.

a couple of jackets, a dress, belt, two black tops (dressy) and I think that's it. Yesterday I didn't find anything (because I already got the clothes I liked in my size).. my friend bought one thing. I sold them some stuff and got store credit. We went across the street to Wish, Fashion Recycle, Leopard Lounge, etc... and my friend found like one or two things... the Leopard Lounge smells really bad

fashion insider

i think i've only purchased shoes at buffalo...i haven't been in quite some time. it really irked me when they took over the art store's space because that was such a fun place to look around (i'd never buy though [i'm hardly an artist], so maybe that's why they closed...).

trendsetter

O my god, all of those places smell bad! But whats even worst, our Chanel store, it smells like dirty feets. I was so grossed out when I went last time that I had to walk out.

07-01-2007
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by the-smiths
O my god, all of those places smell bad! But whats even worst, our Chanel store, it smells like dirty feets. I was so grossed out when I went last time that I had to walk out.
It does not:p

07-01-2007
V.I.P.

oh yes leopard lounge smelled like feet in the shoe section.. it was quite irksome and I won't go back

trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GalleriaResident
It does not:p
O my god, yes it does! hahahaha. I can't stand that place.

09-01-2007
fashion insider

i've never smelled anything odd at chanel...the place was a wreck with the sale going on, but that's sort of expected.

front row

Any new stores at the galleria I think its time for another expansion maybe over Westhimer an tear down the Barnes&Noble Grand Lux Cafe plaza ahahaha I see True Religion is Opening a store in the Galleria

25-05-2007
rising star

Does anyone know of any upcoming sample sales in Houston? Especially in August?

I am moving in August for school....How is the shopping in general? Is it madness, in terms of limited supply and high demand?

Are there many consignment or second hand stores?

Sorry for all the questions!!! Thank you to anyone who takes the time to answer any of these, I appreciate it.

I hope the shopping is good!!! because I looove to shop.

I also have the opportunity to shop in Tokyo and Osaka over the summer holiday....so should I spend most of my money there, or hold out for Houston? I have found that Japanese clothing is often ill fitting or doesn`t hold my attention for very long.

Last edited by mediocrityrules; 25-05-2007 at 09:15 PM.
31-05-2007
fashion insider

major stores- saks, neimans, barneys co-op, ysl, chanel, jimmy choo, dior, tiffany, cartier, gucci, dior, nordstrom, anne fontaine, kate spade, wolford, ch carolina herrera.

boutiques (my personal faves)- abejas (contemporary stuff: juicy, seven, james perse, chrome hearts, ella moss), sloan/hall (not clothing, but they have awesome jewelry and homeware...i always shop here for gifts because they stock neat/unusual things), mix (very high end...lanvin, jeremy laing, balenciaga rtw), gregory's (high end/stocks htf european labels, best selection of alaia shoes you'll ever see in your life).

resale/consignment- buffalo exchange, wish, leopard lounge, taxi taxi (all our your standard young resale shops with a mix of low end/contemporary clothing...once in awhile there's a gem, but not often). there are two consigment shops on west gray...one is called bedazzle(d?), and i forget the name of the other. help me out if anyone knows...regardless, there are usually great things at either shop as they're in river oaks, which is a very old money area. tons of gently used chanel, and older brands like that...some things are actually vintage and the places aren't merchandised that well, but it's worth it to take a look around. never know what you might find.

rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesiren View Post
major stores- saks, neimans, barneys co-op, ysl, chanel, jimmy choo, dior, tiffany, cartier, gucci, dior, nordstrom, anne fontaine, kate spade, wolford, ch carolina herrera.

boutiques (my personal faves)- abejas (contemporary stuff: juicy, seven, james perse, chrome hearts, ella moss), sloan/hall (not clothing, but they have awesome jewelry and homeware...i always shop here for gifts because they stock neat/unusual things), mix (very high end...lanvin, jeremy laing, balenciaga rtw), gregory's (high end/stocks htf european labels, best selection of alaia shoes you'll ever see in your life).

resale/consignment- buffalo exchange, wish, leopard lounge, taxi taxi (all our your standard young resale shops with a mix of low end/contemporary clothing...once in awhile there's a gem, but not often). there are two consigment shops on west gray...one is called bedazzle(d?), and i forget the name of the other. help me out if anyone knows...regardless, there are usually great things at either shop as they're in river oaks, which is a very old money area. tons of gently used chanel, and older brands like that...some things are actually vintage and the places aren't merchandised that well, but it's worth it to take a look around. never know what you might find.
Siren, thank you so very much!! I will surely be able to find my way around with your help.

01-06-2007
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesiren View Post
there are two consigment shops on west gray...one is called bedazzle(d?), and i forget the name of the other. help me out if anyone knows...regardless, there are usually great things at either shop as they're in river oaks, which is a very old money area. tons of gently used chanel, and older brands like that...some things are actually vintage and the places aren't merchandised that well, but it's worth it to take a look around. never know what you might find.
are you thinking about "more than you can imagine" (on westheimer, near flyte boutique)? imo, it's the best houston resale shop.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
houston, shopping