How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop / shop by city
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

27-06-2005
front row

Thanks again, Tott. EaysMilano seems like a good place to start the search for an apartment. Especially because it’s in English as opposed to the other websites I’ve found with rooms and apartments in Milan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tott
You could try http://www.easymilano.it/eng/about.htm

Magazine for expats in English, you can download it in PDF format. There are usually some apts and rooms for rent in there.

Once you're in Milan you can pick it up at some locations around the city.

Of course, you can very easily find something through an agency, but then you'd have to pay a hefty fee. It seems a bit unnecessary if you'll just spend a few months in Milan.

01-07-2005
windowshopping

i know this thread is getting a little old but i think i may be able to help because i've been planning a trip to milan as well, and i've come across some great websites that help.
although a little dated the harper's bazaar webpage sorts shopping out into districts and only picks the cream of the crop. http://www.harpersbazaar.com
the most beneficial site i've come across may be the via montenapoleone store directory. http://www.viamontenapoleone.org this includes a list of all the stores (more or less) in the golden quadrangle and many pics of store fronts etc.
a simple search on google comes up with many, many answers to your queries, as well. one thing's for sure: i have yet to come across a guide that does not mention 10 corso como.
the v&r boutique looks really cool! hope you enjoy yourself...and don't go dizzy!
good luck and bon voyage!

05-07-2005
sec
rising star

Has the sale begun yet?

06-10-2005
scenester

Italy Shopping Area for Lifestyle Sportwear and Street Fashion
Hi Everyone!

This is my 1st time posting new thread. Don't know if it is correct to post in this section of forum.

I am currently working for a Sports Label, and will be going to Italy for meeting. I don't wish to waste my trip there, so I would like to stay 1 day more after my meeting to shop around, look at stores which is relevent to Streetfashion and Lifestyle Sportswear. I will be going to Torino, and intend to dropby for 1 day either at Milan or Rome. But I am not sure of which is better. And I don't know where is good for my market research, like which place or street in Milan and Rome has the things/Shops with Streetfashion and Lifestyle Sportswear.

Pls help... any suggestions?

Last edited by ChrissyM; 24-05-2006 at 10:00 AM.
07-10-2005
slightly dizzy

In Milan you could start at the southwest corner of Piazza del Duomo: follow Via Torino, then Corso di Porta Ticinese.

07-10-2005
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by tott
In Milan you could start at the southwest corner of Piazza del Duomo: follow Via Torino, then Corso di Porta Ticinese.
I can only 2nd this suggestion. You might however also find some shops of interest on Corso Vittorio Emanuele II and the area just east of the Duomo. But I guess that’s mainly the major international chain stores, which are located there…

rising star

bummer, I'd like the answer to this question too!

19-03-2006
V.I.P.

Oh my God!!! Firenze!!!! I am missing that city so much!!! Last I was there, some vintage stores were I found were somewhere around the mercato (San Lorenzo). But things are constantly changing in that city - unless it's Gucci, or those long standing shops and restaurants, businesses have a pretty high turnover rate. Oh, have you heard of 14 Once? They carry more casualwear brands like Diesel, Replay, Miss Sixty...the likes...they have a few retail stores around the city center, but the real bargains are in the outlet. I'll have to look for the business card stashed somewhere, so I'll get back to you on that. You can also find good deals in Cascine (?) - nearby Porto Prato - not really bigtime designers, but really great finds - this is normally on just on Tuesdays though -.... hmmm, There's a couple of Italians that I've seen around the Game Threads one in particular from Florence, I suggest you look around there and PM them personally if you don't get any responses earlier. Okay, I'll look for that card and post back later.

19-03-2006
front row

I posted that last year and have to say that the cheesy bus tour of the outlets was fantastic. It stopped at Prada, then the Mall (with Gucci, Ralph Lauren, Bottega Veneta etc and my personal favourite, Marni) Also Dolce &Gabbana.
I also bought lots of nice bags from the San Lorenzo market . . . .

19-03-2006
rising star

excellent! did you think the deals/selection was really good? if it's a small savings, I'll just shop in town. if it is MASSIVE I'll consider going to the outlets...

19-03-2006
front row

well, I got some Marni shoes for €59, a pair of Miu Miu wedges for €39 and some Jill Sander gladiator sandals for €39. My mum got a gorgeous Yves Saint Laurent bag for €200.
Oh yes, I got some Bottega Veneto high heels for €30 - they were a total bargain!

I did really well on the shoes, maybe because I am a US9 or Euro 40-41 so there were large sizes left. The clothes were also good, but I can't remember any exact items I bought . . . .

I am going back this year, and I intend to hit up the Marni outlet - hard . . .

if you are a serious shopper and like the labels, then I think you just have to do the tour - no question. and the bus picks you up by the station and takes you around - it saves you the headache of getting there yourself.

http://www.outlet-firenze.com/

Last edited by fash ho'; 19-03-2006 at 12:43 PM.
19-03-2006
V.I.P.

fash h0' - here is the address of 14ONCE outlet:
Piazza Della Vittoria, 50 50053 Empoli Phone numer: (39) 0571700648
www.14once.it

23-05-2006
windowshopping

Italy Shopping
Guys..
I'm sure many of you have visited the Prada house of worship... the outlet.. and the Mall (Gucci)

It's actually very close to Florence.

for those who have visited...
Have you taken any pictures at the outlet?

I really need a pic of it .. if u have it,pls pls pls send this to diorhommefan@yahoo.co.uk

25-05-2006
girl who fell to earth

merged with an existing thread

11-09-2006
windowshopping

January sales in Italy
I realize it's still early, but I'm planning on being in Italy in January and would like to time my trip to coincide with the sales. Do any of the Europeans here know if the dates have been announced yet?

Grazie mille!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
italy, shopping