How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop / shop by city
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

02-01-2004
rising star

Italy Shopping
Hey!!
I'm going to Italy for my first time this March, with my school!! I'll be going to Florence, Rome, and Naples. I'm incredibly excited, and was wondering what the best places to shop and the best things to buy are. What things will I find more cheaper there than in the States, what places will be most productive to go to, given my short amount of time?
Thanks so much!!

05-01-2004
V.I.P.

if you go to florence make sure you go to GERARD and GERARD LOFT. around that area are all the shops you need to know about

weet tweet tweet @w_i_p_monaco
06-01-2004
rising star

[FONT=Impact][COLOR=blue]Hi, I'm an italian girl, I live in Milan and I can suggest you to shop in all the big names shops, like Gucci, Prada, Cavalli, Valentino. There are shops in all the main streets, and u can save money, despite of the Euro is going up...In Rome u can look for a nice market called Porta Portese, a little hippie and quite cheap. In Florence u can buy very good quality leather, in many handmade leather shops. In Naples u'll find the typical summer saldals, the one who wear also Jackie ....if u need specific info, write me again, Ciao

windowshopping

when your in rome, go to the spanish steps, look up them fromt he middle and turn around 180 degrees, go down that road, lots of good shops, this is what i did when i was in italy 2 years ago.

08-01-2004
etre soi-meme

hey, an Italian in FS , welcome on board crazyfordior

08-01-2004
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally posted by crazyfordior@Jan 6th, 2004 - 2:37 pm
[FONT=Impact][COLOR=blue]Hi, I'm an italian girl, I live in Milan and I can suggest you to shop in all the big names shops, like Gucci, Prada, Cavalli, Valentino. There are shops in all the main streets, and u can save money, despite of the Euro is going up...In Rome u can look for a nice market called Porta Portese, a little hippie and quite cheap. In Florence u can buy very good quality leather, in many handmade leather shops. In Naples u'll find the typical summer saldals, the one who wear also Jackie ....if u need specific info, write me again, Ciao
I will be living in Milan in March for a year maybe we can meet I wouldn't mind. If so you can always send me a private message. The more friends I have in Italy the better and welcome to FS!

Mannikin

Via Condotti in Rome.. for window shopping.

09-01-2004
Melody Nelson

Make sure that you visit Valentino over there!

scenester

Here is a link to Italian outlet stores (they are mostly all around Florence and Milan)http://100links.supereva.it/acquisti...se/indexb.html

09-01-2004
rising star

Thanks SOO much!!! I'm getting even more excited now!

11-01-2004
rising star

Quote:
Originally posted by Oria+Jan 8th, 2004 - 11:26 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Oria @ Jan 8th, 2004 - 11:26 am)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-crazyfordior@Jan 6th, 2004 - 2:37 pm
I will be living in Milan in March for a year maybe we can meet I wouldn't mind. If so you can always send me a private message. The more friends I have in Italy the better :flower: and welcome to FS! [/b][/quote]
;) HI, SURE WE CAN MEET IN MILAN. SORRY FOR MY DELATE TO REPLY...LET ME KNOW, CIAO ;) ;)

11-01-2004
rising star

Quote:
Originally posted by leyla m.@Jan 5th, 2004 - 9:45 am
if you go to florence make sure you go to GERARD and GERARD LOFT. around that area are all the shops you need to know about ;)
PLEASE HELP ME TO USE EMOTICONS, ETC....

06-06-2004
tfs star

I'm going to Italy on the 15th and I was wondering if anyone could recommened some cool places to shop in Veince or Rome, or if anyone knows the adress of the W.&.L.T. flagship in Rome (the website is so confusing ). Thanks .

desire, undefined

Oh, it's been a really long time since I was in Rome or Venice. Actually I don't know anything about shopping in Venice. But in Rome there is there is a famous flea market each Sunday in the Trastevere area. Don't remeber the exact adress (guess you can look it up on the net) but I have found some gorgeous vintage pieces there.

Of course Via Condotti is a must. Via Borgognona, Via Frattina and Via del Governo Vecchio (in the Centro Storico) are good streets as well.

Have a great trip

etre soi-meme

i did not like that much the Rome fea market when i was there few months ago,
best places for vintage are at the very end of the real long market.

no idea on a WLT shop there, but best boutique to visit is concept store
TAD via Del Babuino 155a Roma, 06.32695131
(clothes: Balenciaga, Ioannis Guia, McQueen, Rochas, paper, Chalayan, Chloe,
Angelo Fingus, Anne Valerie Hash , Rohka etc.
shoes: Michel Vivien, Frisoni, Del' Aqua, Pierre hardy,
perfumes: Stephane Marais, C.Tortu, Aesop, S. Marais etc)

most of 'mainstream' designer boutiques all over Plaza D' Espagnia (sp?)

have a great time in Rome, just dont expect much from its nightlife

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
italy, shopping