How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop / shop by city
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

14-07-2006
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by loly
have u seen the gold padington on sale any where?
Try calling Matches

15-07-2006
scenester

Does anyone know of any places in London where you can buy cloaks? Not the brand, but actual cloaks. I've been trying to find one for some time now. I even got the perfect one designed in my head. Might have to sit down and actually draw it myself and eventually maybe even make it.

I've seen a really nice cloak in a magazine, which is from closed, www.closed.com but I can't find it on their site.

29-07-2006
mmmmmm...fashion....

i just thought i'd mention to those interested that the tk maxx in hammersmith has suddenly gone upmarket- quite a lot of galliano, jil sander, marni, gucci- about 70% off retail althogh it did make me feel slighty sick to see these clothes in this enviroment- but i'm a snob!!

29-07-2006
Meg
inspired contemplation

thanks for the tipoff travis. I've never been to a tkmaxx here but I might check it out. How do you get there?

29-07-2006
mmmmmm...fashion....

^ just get off at hammersmith tube- sadly it was all designer womenswear- although i did stumble on a pair of white gucci jeans and white dior homme pants- two things i'll never wear!

02-08-2006
front row

Btw what do you mean by "gold padington"?Thanks

03-08-2006
front row

Also, does anybody here know where i can get a leather flight jacket a la
But for males???/Most places liek rokit.urban outfitters really bump the prices up to around 95!

04-08-2006
trendsetter

i'm not sure, but i dont think you'll be able to find one cheaper than that they're really "trendy" at the moment so everyone will bump up the prices

04-08-2006
front row

Anyone going to fashion east sample sale this weekend? After about a year off (a perhaps missing the only chance I'll ever have to own marios schwab) I have been refunded by the bank for a mistake they've made. Such convenient timing, I can't resist!

And thanks for the tk maxx tip off, hammersmith is such a very long way away but sounds worth it

04-08-2006
V.I.P.

^I am tomorrow!

It started today didn't it?

My blog - Style Bubble - http://stylebubble.typepad.com/style_bubble/
04-08-2006
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by VICTIM
i'm not sure, but i dont think you'll be able to find one cheaper than that they're really "trendy" at the moment so everyone will bump up the prices
Yeh blo*dy trends! Its the whole pete doherty/kate moss thing! Oh well. Thanks though

04-08-2006
front row

Damn!i deleted my dailycandy email. Where is that fashion east sample sale? Is there menswear?

04-08-2006
V.I.P.

Ok, so 99% I will be in London in September. I am compiling a list of shops and I hope you guys can add, modify, delete. My interests are basically high-end, avant-garde, cutting edge (blah-blah, etc.) fashion (menswear), especially Belgian. I like stuff such as Ann Demeulemeester, Carol Christian Poell, Carpe Diem, Raf Simons, Margiela, Dries van Noten, Junya Watanabe, etc... I am not really interested in streetwear. Jewelry-wise, I would only like to check out Shaun Leane.

Also, I would like to know how you would rate department stores - ideally I wouldn't want to hit them all (cause there are other things to do in London), and I know even though some stores seem to carry good designers, they have no taste. For example in New York Barneys is far better than either Saks or Bergdorf Goodman.

So far this is my list in order of priority.

1. Dover St. Market
2. The Library
3. Martin Margiela boutique
4. Jas MB
5. Browns
6. Harvey Nick's
7. Selfridges
8. Liberty

Last edited by faust; 04-08-2006 at 02:35 PM.
04-08-2006
trendsetter

^you might want to check out The Pineal Eye, they have loads of Belgian designers and other interesting things, imo Selfridges is the only department store worth going to but as you like Shaun Leane jewellry you'll have to go to harvey nichols aswell because i think its the only place in London you can get his stuff.

04-08-2006
Stitch:the Hand

^I concur about Pineal Eye. It's also one of the very few shops(if any other's exist?) in London that carry CCP.

I would also suggest the Preen shop at Portobello Green(addy: 281 Portobello Rd.)

I don't know if it'd be up your alley....the style and aesthetics,I mean...but you could also check out Marjan Pejoski's infamous abode Kokon To Zai on Greek Street which is in SoHo. It's got a quirky,whimsical enviroment...you might have fun

Hmmm....perhaps B-Store as well. They were the first to carry Boudicca and probably still carry the most of anybody . They also have Peter Jensen,Judy Blame's jewellery collection....and some cool footwear from Buddhahood...

Like Victim said,do still check out Harvey Nicks because besides Shaun Leane they also have the cobbler for Boudicca,Nicolas Kirkwood...

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
london, shopping