How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop / shop by city
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

29-09-2004
Naturellement pulpeuse

Oxfam (as it happens I do work for them!)

Or try the other charity shops and vintage shops around Portabello Road and other bargains in Camden Market...

29-09-2004
flaunt the imperfection

where is tk maxx?...

29-09-2004
kabhi alvida

there's loads-there's one in watford-which i think is the best because it's hidden and watford isn't exactly fashionista-filled so loads of the stuff just stays there. They must have a website?

flaunt the imperfection

found the website...these are the listings for the stores they give in london...which is the one you're talking about IP?...thx...

London:
Cambridge
Charlton
Croydon (Centrale)
Croydon (Purley Way)*
Ealing
Hammersmith*
Harrow
Kingston*
Kingston Park
Leyton Mills
London (Brent Cross)
Sutton
Wood Green

link- http://www.tkmaxx.com/find.asp?store_pcode...do&store_geo=13

30-09-2004
windowshopping

What about the warehouse's like 'Beyond Retro', 'Relik' & 'Rokit'? Search for the stores at Google & you should find the nearest tube stations for these places. Loads of stylists go here cos there is such a wide range of vintage & cheap orginal stuff! Hope that helps...let me know how it goes! x

30-09-2004
kabhi alvida

ooh no none of them. Basically, watford is just outside central london, but if you want to do the whole suburban thing, you can put aside a day for it. From Euston mainline overground station, which is extremely easy to get to if your hotel is in the city, take a train to Watford Junction Station, which will only take 30 mins, and the TK Maxx in watford is 5 mins walk from there-*do not* take the metropolitan line to watford station, it is a different station.

I've been to the St Albans and Harrow stores-they're pretty awful. To be honest, I don't think our TK Maxx is anything near as good as the stuff you have, like Century 21, but it's still worth it.

If all this sounds like gobbledygook now, it won't when you get here, if you can be bothered to travel out of central london to shop-if you can't, it's totally understandable.

There's also an outlet centre called Bicester, in Oxford,my best friend loves it, they have Diesel, Ralph Lauren-the usual suspects.

flaunt the imperfection

Quote:
Originally posted by superstarjeans@Sep 30 2004, 06:25 AM
What about the warehouse's like 'Beyond Retro', 'Relik' & 'Rokit'? Search for the stores at Google & you should find the nearest tube stations for these places. Loads of stylists go here cos there is such a wide range of vintage & cheap orginal stuff! Hope that helps...let me know how it goes! x
[snapback]380651[/snapback]
found beyond retro but relik and rokit doesn't come up...the thing with beyond retro is that while it seems very cool and groovy...since they specialize in 'american' vintage...it's sort of redundant for me to shop there....but i might stop by just to browse...thanks so much for the info...

what's the story with brick lane...? anything worth checking out over there?...

30-09-2004
flaunt the imperfection

Quote:
Originally posted by impossibleprincess@Sep 30 2004, 11:59 AM
ooh no none of them. Basically, watford is just outside central london, but if you want to do the whole suburban thing, you can put aside a day for it. From Euston mainline overground station, which is extremely easy to get to if your hotel is in the city, take a train to Watford Junction Station, which will only take 30 mins, and the TK Maxx in watford is 5 mins walk from there-*do not* take the metropolitan line to watford station, it is a different station.

I've been to the St Albans and Harrow stores-they're pretty awful. To be honest, I don't think our TK Maxx is anything near as good as the stuff you have, like Century 21, but it's still worth it.

If all this sounds like gobbledygook now, it won't when you get here, if you can be bothered to travel out of central london to shop-if you can't, it's totally understandable.

There's also an outlet centre called Bicester, in Oxford,my best friend loves it, they have Diesel, Ralph Lauren-the usual suspects.
[snapback]380925[/snapback]
thanks IP....i'm sure tk maxx is nothing like century...but still...i'm curious...since i have a few days to myself just wandering...i may well take a trip out of london... i'm staying with my friend in covent garden...so where do i grab the train to watford junction?...
oxford...?..

30-09-2004
kabhi alvida

Euston mainline overground station to get to Watford junction. Euston mainline station is on the "Northern" line-you're friend will know how to get from CG to Euston(it's actually a short cab ride too) Be careful, there's two stations in Euston (it's where my uni is!) I'm talking about the one with the shops and the starbucks-if you walk into the one with no shops and no starbucks you know you're in the wrong one!They are just across the road from each other, so it's easy to get mixed up, but if you do find yourself in the wrong one, you know you just have top cross the road. From there, take a train to watford junction-there will be a straight train there.

If you do end up in Watford, there's a shopping centre called the Harlequin there-ask anyone where it is, everyone will know. It has all the main high street stores and a few boutiques. It's pretty big so it's worth going to.

I actually prefer the men's section in TK Maxx in Watford, because they have things like Pringle and Ballantyne cashmere, so if you get their sweaters in XS they fit comfortably.

scenester

woah! that is loads of info! thanx specially to IP! might try Watford but its a bit far away and i am only 16 years old! lol! i might get lost or sumthin! but i will try to go there if it is really cool. Is the Hammersmith super big store any gud?

30-09-2004
flaunt the imperfection

dragonlace...you might also want to check here if you haven't already...

http://www.thefashionspot.com/forums/index...showtopic=14461

30-09-2004
flaunt the imperfection

thanks again IP...you're the best...

30-09-2004
kabhi alvida

its fine...lol...

rising star

If you want to go to TK Maxx, surely its easier to get the Picaddilly line tube to Wood Green and go to the one there

Takes less than 20 mins from the West End.

03-10-2004
yes

Softie, Rokit isnt exactly value for money, they always have what you're looking for.....but its quite expensive

i know some cool vintage stores in the east end but i dont know their names they are on commercial street and then turning down some roads towards brick lane

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
london, shopping