How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop / shop by city
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

03-10-2004
rising star

Quote:
Originally posted by Acid@Oct 3 2004, 09:22 AM
Softie, Rokit isnt exactly value for money, they always have what you're looking for.....but its quite expensive

i know some cool vintage stores in the east end but i dont know their names they are on commercial street and then turning down some roads towards brick lane
[snapback]383796[/snapback]
Absolute Vintage at 15 Hanbury Street is the biggest vintage clothes warehouse around there.
To be honest I often take a look in stores down Brick Lane, but I never buy there because the prices are such a rip off. For instance if you want vintage cowboy boots why pay 70 in Rokit when you can get a nicer pair from ebay.com for about 20?

If you want a sequinned butterfly top or similar you can often pick them up in charity shops for less than 10.

80's court shoes go for anything from 20 - to 100, when you can often get nicer ones in a charity shop for about 4.

But if you are visiting London, it may not be worth going round the charity shops. You never know if you are going to find anything, its all down to luck - I guess at Rokit you are paying them for the privelege of them having hunted it down for you.

05-10-2004
tfs star

Can anyone provide the addresses, or nearest Tube stations for Rokit and Brick Lane?

And the best days to visit Camden Market, assuming I just take the tube to Camden?

05-10-2004
kabhi alvida

yep just go to camden station-there's a rokit there too, and for the covent garden rokit go to covent garden station or even leicester square station

kabhi alvida

Quote:
Originally posted by pinkmonkey@Oct 3 2004, 01:50 PM
If you want to go to TK Maxx, surely its easier to get the Picaddilly line tube to Wood Green and go to the one there

Takes less than 20 mins from the West End.
[snapback]383744[/snapback]
the one we're talking about is really hidden away so none of the best stuff is gone, because it's in the suburbs.

tfs star

Quote:
Originally posted by impossibleprincess@Oct 5 2004, 05:31 PM
yep just go to camden station-there's a rokit there too, and for the covent garden rokit go to covent garden station or even leicester square station
[snapback]386701[/snapback]
Thankyou!

I survived my week in London, by the way, and went to all the places you suggested! I'm going back in 2 weeks time, so I'm going to all the shopping haunts I missed out on the first time.

06-10-2004
kabhi alvida

is cool! hope you found loads of unique stuff!

scenester

i am so jealous of you! i want to go to london but i still can't! gotta save up first and wait till half term...or at least when the designer discount sale is on which will probably be round at december!!! lol yep.....i might be the cheapest person "fashionable???" person u will ever meet

08-10-2004
flaunt the imperfection

Quote:
Originally posted by dragonlance@Oct 7 2004, 04:07 PM
i am so jealous of you! i want to go to london but i still can't! gotta save up first and wait till half term...or at least when the designer discount sale is on which will probably be round at december!!! lol yep.....i might be the cheapest person "fashionable???" person u will ever meet
[snapback]389450[/snapback]
read my signature...

09-10-2004
scenester

awwww......I totally agree with you!! that is a very cool quote!!!!!!!!! Tis indeed not money nor brands make you fashionable...its style! You rule!!!

13-10-2004
tfs star

Some people may find this useful:

http://www.urbanpath.com/london/vintage/index.htm

13-10-2004
flaunt the imperfection

Quote:
Originally posted by dragonlance@Oct 9 2004, 09:47 AM
awwww......I totally agree with you!! that is a very cool quote!!!!!!!!! Tis indeed not money nor brands make you fashionable...its style! You rule!!!
[snapback]391472[/snapback]
christian dior rules...!!1

24-10-2004
tfs star

Having visited Steinberg and Tolkein, Rellik, One of a Kind and Rokit, my absolute favourite by far was Rokit. Great and unique clothes for very decent prices, ignoring of course the abundance of cowboy boots (haha), the Covent Garden store was amazing, and the staff were very friendly.

I found the others pretty disappointing.

27-10-2004
scenester

hey guys! have anyone of you heard about that little shopping place off oxford street?...near carnaby....i thik it is called king's square or something and its like full of new and upcoming independent designers....anyone knows about it? do they have like men's wear and are they any good?

31-10-2004
kabhi alvida

hmm it's ok. I've never spent loads of time there but it has a cute courtyard in the middle where it's cool to have coffee and sit with friends.

flaunt the imperfection

yeah...i went when i was there...as impossible princess says...the courtyard is a good place to sit and get away...though i preferred to be in the thick of things so i could people-watch...

the stores all looked kind of junk-y...and a bit cheap...and i don't mean inexpensive...

but i believe they had both men's and women's...if you're there anyway...it's no big deal to just take a quick look around...

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
london, shopping