How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop / shop by city
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

07-09-2009
windowshopping

Calling All England Fashionistas
Hi everyone, i will be moving to England to study in 2 weeks and i NEED to know where to get all the great stash at LOW prices. I will mainly be in the Stoke-on-Trent area; suggestions from online sites to shops in other cities are welcome( be specific, i am a newbie). Really afraid of becoming a department store clone. HELP

07-09-2009
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumy_ View Post
Any good stores open on Sundays? And is Topshop open on Sundays? I'm going to London for work but I only have time off on Sunday... :S
Watch out for the stores around Bond Street/ Mount Street - lots of those tend to be closed on a Sunday...If you only have Sunday to play with I'd say go to East London and play around the markets and shops there (after Big Topshop, ofcourse)...

07-09-2009
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by twilight fairy View Post
Guys, where can I find the best (and largest) selection of denim? Sass & Bide, J Brand, etc. I usually get mine at Harvey Nichols but wasn't inspired by their latest variety.
I know it's not ideal (ie under one roof) but if you head to Carnaby/ Newburgh Street, you'll find most of the big denim brands have flagships there - Wrangler, Lee, Diesel, Replay, Pepe, 55DSL, All Saints...There's also Cinch which sells premium/ limited edition Levi's and then for more high-end brands Liberty is just around the corner or there's Behave on Lexington Street (Acne, Ksubi, Sass & Bide, etc). It's all easily walkable...

12-09-2009
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeycombchild View Post
You can always try Browns Labels For Less store. It's a pretty small store it has to be said, but there's definately some bargains to be had in there.

It's just opposite Brown's main store on South Molton Street.

Thanks!

I have a couple more questions for you guys (I'm just so excited because I haven't been to London in 10 years!):

Is there a sisley store in London?
Could you recommend stores that are topshop, h&m, zara, mango like (both price and style wise)? I want to try new things when I get there because we have all those chain stores where I live.
Also, to anyone who's been to the new juicy couture store, are the prices similar to the American prices? Because everyone keeps telling me that everything is more expensive in the UK...

12-09-2009
front row

high street wise there is new look which is great for shoes but less great for clothes. bershka which is in westfield and oxford street as far as i know is cheap, nice basic clothes, alot like H&M but a bit cheaper. there's primark, very cheap and suprisingly good finds in there, good for shoes and clothes and big cheap (but nice) bags etc. there's oasis and warehouse which are great high street stores which seel good quality clothing and accessories. for second hand designer stuff, there's no where like notting hill and westbourne grove second hand, charity and vintage stores. you can also find good cheap desginer stuff in any charity store in a very rich area, such as oxfam on new bond street.

Riot Bug

my favourites places when i was living there were Carnaby Str. , the lil' vintage shops in Notting Hill plus some market places and some original places at Camden Market. Of course im also a big fan of Top Shop there in Oxford street... its easy to find there millions of things you would love...
Last time I was there...it was a new shop quite trendy and expensive but it was so empty ..I guess ask for a band t shirt that much in London is like Wooot? Quality was OK but I think they asked too much for things in the same city you can get for a lot less... I dunno...i wonder if it will still be open...
and well around coven Garden that are stunning!!with unique pieces sooo awesome!! Well if you like a different, not classic style...

V.I.P.

There's Uniqlo too, it's not English, but it's got a big presence in London especially. Not sure if they have it where you live or not. But it's great for jeans and basic items, and usually their prices are really great.

13-09-2009
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankunda View Post
Hi everyone, i will be moving to England to study in 2 weeks and i NEED to know where to get all the great stash at LOW prices. I will mainly be in the Stoke-on-Trent area; suggestions from online sites to shops in other cities are welcome( be specific, i am a newbie). Really afraid of becoming a department store clone. HELP
To be honest I used to visit a friend in Stoke and go shopping but there is not many great shops that I can remember - You will be better off getting the train to Liverpool or Manchester! Try the asos website for reasonably priced trends.

windowshopping

honeycombchild, ediewho, umberg - thank you!

and just 2 last questions:
1. Do you know where i can find juicy couture denim? beside the juicy couture store?
2. Does this store still exist: http://www.allinlondon.co.uk/directory/1186/28107.php I love sisley!

25-09-2009
front row

i think that sisley store is still there....i'm not the most reliable source though

front row

Does anyone know of any sales going on around January 24th - 29th ?

front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by elfenkind View Post
Does anyone know of any sales going on around January 24th - 29th ?
Around that time you will probably see the final pieces of sales in most shops.
The bigger department stores/stores generally start their sales on the 26th December/ within the week after Christmas...the shops will continue to have a sale section for quite a while, with the last pieces and sometimes the high street shops will add some things to the sale in between.

There may also be some sample sales around that time too! I remember attending quite a few during Jan-March last year

10-12-2009
V.I.P.

Most high street stores begin moving into sale this week.

French Connection moves into Sale today actually, and H&M does next Thursday. So by that time the stores will have been in sale a long time!

02-01-2010
tfs star

Umberg, i'm constantly on the lookout for good Japanese and love whiling away a lazy Saturday at Portobello, but don't know where this Ukai place is that you mention - do you know where specifically I can find it?

Also in the area I love Tom's Deli and Ottolenghi (on Westbourne Grove) are amazing for a lunch, and off the touristy strip of Portobello. Also love Aesop for the most amazing anti-oxidant skincare (Westbourne Grove), Breeze opposite that for nice French mugs and homewares, and Mimco (Australian designer label) around the corner on Ledbury Road for gorgeous jewels, bags and accessories (with a stop at Melt next door if it's a hot day for the best ice cream).

08-01-2010
front row

I will be heading to London in the middle of March, will there be any sale? Like a Easter sale? TQ

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
london, shopping