How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop / shop by city
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

24-05-2010
rising star

tattoos
hey everyone! I'm planning a trip to london and I was thinking about getting a tattoo while i'm there. does anybody knows a really good place where I can get one? It would be really helpfull if somebody gives me advice on this as I don't want to go to a random place. Thanks in advance!

27-05-2010
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bafchloe View Post
hey everyone! I'm planning a trip to london and I was thinking about getting a tattoo while i'm there. does anybody knows a really good place where I can get one? It would be really helpfull if somebody gives me advice on this as I don't want to go to a random place. Thanks in advance!
Selfridges
400 Oxford Street
London W1A 1AB
0800 123 400

A friend of mine got it done there - and it is really good. Very sharp and clear. No blurriness. [I am also considering getting one done there after seeing his]

rising star

^ great, thanks for the info! I'll check it out when I'm there

Storm & Sommer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meg_D View Post
Hi! I moved to London and of course I've discovered the great shops around Notting Hill, Camden Town or Carnay Street. Anyway I would like to find more little shops selling lovely stuff- clothes, accessories, craft supplies (beads, fabric), furniture etc. So does anyone know about any?
Second question- when the big (summer) sales usualy begin in London?
And the last one- where can I buy old issues of fashion or photography magazines? It's usualy hard to find them in secondhanded books stores.
Thank you in advance!
Hi Meg_D
You probably already know this place - but there is a great bead shop in Berwick street in SoHo

Vintage Magazine Shop - www.vinmag.com -39-43 Brewer Street, London

pinterest : hanneonpin
19-06-2010
backstage pass

i'm going to be in london for a week staying off the liverpool st station... i'm reading over all this in the thread now, but any suggestions of great shops or restaurants and/or also nightlife/bars/clubs/parties/etc to visit in the area???

19-06-2010
V.I.P.

^ Ur literally 3-4 stops away from clubs like chinawhite and movida if im not wrong! these are clubs.
i think you should definitely go to art bar. its fab! and def def def go to vendome!
you usually have to be on a guest list for clubs - atleast from what i remember.

And ur also just a couple of stops away from marble arch - my area which is the BEGINNING of oxford street - where u can shop till u drop, and a street away from edgeware road - fine arabic cuisine and shisha.

in the opposite direction you will find places like KFC, pizza hut and if you go into new bond street or old bond street there are manyyyyyyyyyyyy restaurants - of all kinds.
and u will find ALL stores possible there.

and if im not wrong gordon ramsay has a restaurant somewhere there in old or new bond street

also when u are walking on oxford street, towards bond street.. opposite new look, you will see this stall where this man sells the most AMAZING soft cone ice cream :p mmmm..
worth every cent!

Last edited by farou7a; 19-06-2010 at 05:00 PM.
20-06-2010
backstage pass

Have the Summer sales started yet?

Thanks in advance.

21-06-2010
tfs star

Yes they have! Selfridges, Liberty and Harvey Nichols started last week (the big designer department stores), Net-a-Porter and Matches have started (the best online stores), and I think House of Fraser and John Lewis (more middle of the road department stores) are about to start. Don't think Topshop, etc. have, but they always have various things on sale.

Hope that helps! Let me know if you need any other help/tips

less is more

I'm going to be in London for about a week very soon and I'm kind of interested in going to Camden Market. However, some people I know say it's overrated. Is this true? What kind of things can you find there?

I'm mostly a casual kind of person (skinny jeans, t-shirts, nice jackets, mostly wear black, a bit rock'n'roll), so can anyone suggest some good shops, given that I'm a student; no top-tier designers, but I'm not an typical impoverished student-backpacker either, although I do love a bargain and good value.

Also, are there any shops that sell older copies of magazines (e.g. Vogue, i-D, Dazed & Confused, The Face from the 90s)?

Last edited by rox_yr_sox; 22-06-2010 at 11:38 AM.
22-06-2010
V.I.P.

^ you will find alllllllllllllllll of that there. there is a lot of whole sale stuff there sold for less than half the price - its unreal. u just have to know where to look

not sure about the mags.

front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by rox_yr_sox View Post

Also, are there any shops that sell older copies of magazines (e.g. Vogue, i-D, Dazed & Confused, The Face from the 90s)?
There is one shop at Notting Hill Gate where they sell the old copies of fashion magazine. It coasts abou 2 pounds.

trendsetter

Best markets and outlet stores in London?
Thanks

04-07-2010
V.I.P.

selfridges have everything ^
harrods
zara
mango
new look
h&m
jane norman

front row

Are there anything left in London for august? I mean with sales beginnng right now ))))))))

04-07-2010
rising star

^ same concern here, I was planning on going now, but I think i'll be visiting at the end of august

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
london, shopping