How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop / shop by city
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

10-11-2011
rising star

aww you guys you can go skating in somerset house or go to the winter wonderland in hyde park? there is honestly stuff to do, i promise!

23-12-2011
front row

I've been to many Euro cities and my favorite shopping city is definetly London.and if you are a vintage lover you'll love london shopping.I shopped from Harrords,Selfriedges,old spitalfields market and vintage shops around old spitalfields market and brick lane.I also love oxford street and top shop there.also many independent small shops you come across while you are walking around and due to best designer graduates there are so many emerging new designers.I've been there twice for shopping in last 6 months and I want to go again and again

21-04-2012
trendsetter

While you are in London visit the boutique Layers, they carry many different designers visit www.layerslondon.com for more information.
My friend described it as avant garde, even if you dont buy anything its a pleasure just looking at the pieces.

16 Conduit Street
London
England
W1S 2XL

Tel: +44 (0) 207 495 1296

21-04-2012
V.I.P.

^Yes, I agree. Love that store. Very, very nice staff, too. They have such a good selection of brands. I love that they carry Nicolas Andréas Taralis and Aguri Sagimori.

19-11-2012
front row

My tips for London shopping/fash browsing:

ESSENTIALS:

Dover St. Market
Layers
Kokon to Zai
Harrods
Harvey Nicols
Liberty of London

IF YOU HAVE TIME:

Get lost in and around Dalston/Hoxton/Shoreditch and find quirky independent shops and markets. London has a great tradition of pop-up shops. Visit West London and discover Notting Hill, and if you can, Portobello Market. Visit the flagship's in Mayfair and Chelsea. Granted, they will make you feel poor but London is expensive. Personally, I'd avoid Carnaby Street unless all you want is a photograph. It's full of chain clothes shops on the whole. Anything you see there you can buy much cheaper online.

If you're new to London, avoid Angus Steak Houses like the plague, but do visit a Nando's and Wagamama if you want refuelling on a budget. Go to a gastropub (of which there are thousands) and enjoy a proper pint of beer and meat pie!

Sorry to go a bit tourist guide, but hope this helps.

backstage pass

I cannot wait to go there! I've been in London a few years ago, but I was too young to do any real shopping. Next fall I'll start to study at the Westminster Uni in London, and I'll stay there for 2 years. I cannot wait to shop, especially vintage items, because in the south of France where I live, there are not so much good vintage shops around here (between Cannes and Nice).

13-07-2013
V.I.P.

Are there any brands or stores that sell rock tshirts (vintage or new)?

19-07-2013
trendsetter

I have some questions too.
Are the sales going to run in the second half of the August too? I know there won't be a lot left but still, can I hope to find some real bargains (considering I wear the smallest size - UK6)?

And another thing; most stores/shopping centres are open on Sundays too, is that correct?

It never gets easier, you just go faster. (LeMond)
19-07-2013
fashion insider

Well for rock t-shirts I'd check Camden market and the shops around there and Shoreditch. Sometimes though, New Look and H&M sell rock t-shirts so it'll be worth looking in them.

Sometimes they cheekily put some more items on sale after the main sale starts so there is a small chance items will still be on sale during the second week of August. There won't be many and it would be best to check out the bigger shoppig areas like Oxford Street and both the Westfield shopping centres.

Most shops are open on Sunday but they close at five or six.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
london, shopping