How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop / shop by city
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

05-05-2005
rising star

Harrods and Selfridges
Oxford Street, Bond Street

That's where I would go.

09-05-2005
rising star

Back from London!
Okay, I happened to stumble upon a Net-a-Porter warehouse sale and snagged an utterly fabulous Viktor and Rolf shirt for 100 pounds:

http://firstview.com/WRTWfall2003/VI...ROLF/P072.html

That's literally all I bought in London, and it's not like I didn't try hard to spend more!

I just hated hated hated the Boho look that seems to be the only thing going on over there right now. Combined with the terrible deal that anyone from the States gets on the exchange rate right now (everything seemed at least 30% more expensive than in the US), it just wasn't a top place to shop for me!

While frustrated on the shopping front, I was quite happy to have more time to check out the sights, which was lots of fun.

Thanks again for your tips!

09-05-2005
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady-Penelope
Okay, I happened to stumble upon a Net-a-Porter warehouse sale and snagged an utterly fabulous Viktor and Rolf shirt for 100 pounds:

http://firstview.com/WRTWfall2003/VI...ROLF/P072.html

That's literally all I bought in London, and it's not like I didn't try hard to spend more!

I just hated hated hated the Boho look that seems to be the only thing going on over there right now. Combined with the terrible deal that anyone from the States gets on the exchange rate right now (everything seemed at least 30% more expensive than in the US), it just wasn't a top place to shop for me!

While frustrated on the shopping front, I was quite happy to have more time to check out the sights, which was lots of fun.

Thanks again for your tips!
I hear you (about the exchange rate, not about the Boho look ). I'm not looking forward to my trip to Stockholm as far as spending, but I'm still excited. London is very expensive....

09-05-2005
Frozen irony.

WOW to the Viktor and Rolf shirt!

So you hate the boho look as well?? You are not alone my dear.

09-05-2005
backstage pass

Aaah, atleast you managed to pick up a great shirt.
What did you think of our city though???? Did you enjoy your trip here, and is it how you expected it to be:

09-05-2005
front row

bond + Oxford. It's a must hon. Like a Londonese 5th avenue. lol

can't wait till christmas. I'm travelling [ONCE AGAIN haha] to England, London.
i just love christmas time there.

rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe-Babe
Aaah, atleast you managed to pick up a great shirt.
What did you think of our city though???? Did you enjoy your trip here, and is it how you expected it to be:
Well I would certainly have enjoyed it more if I could have done more shopping, so that was definitely a downer. But other than that I loved London. I went to the Design Museum, the British Museum (just the cafe for tea and scones and finger sandwiches!), the V&A, and the Tate Modern. I also did the usual tourist sites, and even saw Tony Blair as he was being chauffeured into 10 Downing Street. London is spectacular, so many neighbourhoods, so many restaurants, so much art, so many trees in bloom!

10-05-2005
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by pucci_mama
WOW to the Viktor and Rolf shirt!

So you hate the boho look as well?? You are not alone my dear.
I actually also have the leather jacket that is worn with that shirt on the runway:

http://firstview.com/WRTWfall2003/VI...ROLF/P144.html

and

http://firstview.com/WRTWfall2003/VI...ROLF/P143.html

Re. the boho look, it's fascinating to me how much more cautious American retailers are about embracing it, it's so much more subdued here in the US, hardly any prints to be seen in the shops...

05-07-2005
backstage pass

Shoping in London
I'm going down for my twice yearly shopping spree in london next month, after my birthday. I'm bored of going to the same places all of the time though, and wondered if anyone has any fashion address book secrets or advice of good places to go? thanks

05-07-2005
V.I.P.

please do a search - all major shopping cities are covered on tFS

05-07-2005
Swim Upstream

I have just merged.....

06-07-2005
backstage pass

thanks for merging my post, and sorry for not doing a search before posting this thread was just what I've been looking for and is really helpful. I've heard of most of the places mentioned but it's nice to have opinions from tfser's living in london, cos when you're limited for time (which i usually am) theres nothing worse than travelling to somewhere you've heard about and it being a complete waste of time. so thanks again everyone for all the advice

07-07-2005
front row

MyFav SHops in London

south molton street

Newburgh street(left to right)55 DSL,Yo! Japan,Dispensary,Van den Berg,Respect(missy elliot collection),Cinch,The Garden Cafe,Jess James,Mooks Clothing Co,La Croute

Neal street (left to right) The Farmhouse Table,Punjab Indian Restaurant,The Astrology shop,Egoshego,Sole,Birkenstock,Filofax,Tabio,Super Lovers,Apple Tree,Offspring,Focus,Carhartt,Octopus,Frank's,Chil li Pepper,The Kite Store

Kings road are also good for shopping as well

I also Love the clothes in " The world according to" ( The only place in London that sell Anna sui products ) (third shop from right)

Last edited by BBgIZzZMo; 07-07-2005 at 08:21 AM.
27-07-2005
backstage pass

hi all, hope this is posted in the correct place, if not mods feel free to move

So I'm going to London in 2weeks and 2 stores I want to visit are Vivienne Westwood and H&M....... I haven't been to any of the Vivienne Westwood stores in London, but from looking for info I can gather there are 3 (Conduit St, Davies St, and Worlds End on Kings Road) could anyone who has visited these shops tell me which one is the best?

Same goes for H&M, I've visited one on Oxford St (across from Niketown) and between Covent Garden and Leicester Sq. Are there any more? Which would you recomment? Because I found both of these to be pretty crap.

Any help would be much appreciated, as I only have 3days and a pretty packed schedule already I can only really visits one of each and would like to know the best one!

27-07-2005
scenester

hey a984mel...Just been to london a fortnight ago. If you're the rich type of people who like spending their money to the max...i suggest to go to the usual dept stores i.e. harvey nichols, selfridges and harrods. Catch them while they're still on sale coz prices their are mad at the moment! if u like more upscale brands, i suggest you go to liberty and the shops in bond stret...haven't been there personally but all the designer botiques are there. If you are a chic who like to get bargain...again to the sale...up to the end of the month...this is there last week..but if you can't make it, then probably just go to oxford street for the huge H&M, topshop and uniqlo. However, if you want to find vintage shops at a very cheap prices, try the camden market, camden locks as the second hand vintage shops are just alongside each other. The vintage shops are amazing....call me cheap but i found a lot of great cool bargains in there and shopped a lot of stuff for fall...you can easily find a lot of clothes that looks like items from this coming fall collection in those hops as they actually know what they are doin and what they put out for the customers...i hope u find my essay helpful!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
london, shopping