How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop / shop by city
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

28-09-2005
flaunt the imperfection

yeah...
and part of me is still attached to the pieces...
so i'd like to know that they are going to a good home...

:p

28-09-2005
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by softgrey
yeah...

haha, yes, i feel the same way! ebay is a hassle.

meg, tell us if you get anything good!

i've heard of similar things, perhaps not for just a month. like there's a record store in LA which is just this one guy's personal collection and he just opens it whenever he feels like it. it requires being more in the know than me, as I that's all I know. it sounds fun, if you can afford it.

29-09-2005
Meg
inspired contemplation

was thinking about this on the journey in this morning....is it going to be mostly mens clothes then? Don't think he would collect women's....though there may be some cool accessories/shirts none the less....

03-10-2005
Meg
inspired contemplation

Well I went shopping yesterday and checked this out (though it was closed had a good peek through the window) mostly men's stuff though a few women's bits and bobs. Looked really overpriced though and didn't look too interesting to me to be honest.

03-10-2005
windowshopping

I know this is an old thread, but i am just wondering, where is the net-a-porter warehouse? I will be going to London tomorrow, pls let me know, thanx.

04-10-2005
front row

The net a porter warehouse sounded like a one-off sale. I'm certain they just moved their warehouse out of London now, sure I saw it in the trade press. Check the Evening Standard newspaper and Time Out for details of current warehouse sales.

The OP likes Myla underwear and off-the wall designers. I think Liberty in Regent street is the destination store for you! Their lingerie department is fab.

Liberty

edited to add - oops you already went there.

As for the boho look - the reason it's still around is because it is a huuuuge seller in the UK. They like to spin things out for seasons if it works. Boring I agree......

Last edited by renferme; 04-10-2005 at 07:09 AM.
04-10-2005
Meg
inspired contemplation

NAP is still in London but they have two locations now I think. And it's just further out....they head office is still near great portland st. I think....

04-10-2005
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by softgrey
yeah...

Soft in her one month shop -

"Excuse me... could you please fill out this application for approval? I'll need three references and a synopsis of your current wardrobe, as well as a vision for where you see it in the future..." :p

Kidding Artists always become attached

02-01-2006
backstage pass

Does anybody knows a good multi space shop in London such as Collette in Paris or Apropos in Cologne? (Designers clothing, rare to find cosmetics, SPA or restaurant, all in one)

02-01-2006
backstage pass

Selfridges is fabulous, lots of designers and cosmetics, you could spend all day there! (selfridges.co.uk). In Knightsbridge you have Harrods which has the urban retreat spa on the top floor and everything you could ever need inside.

Also in Knightsbridge is Harvey Nics, fab shopping and for dining, the 5th floor restaurant is a must. Hope you have a fabulous time

05-01-2006
windowshopping

woot wooooot, I'm going to london today for a couple days. I really can't wait to hit up portobello market!!

09-01-2006
windowshopping

Hello,i wonder if anybody can tell me something about the Dover streetmarket? I am going to London next month, so i wonder if it is worth a visit. Are the prices out of control?

09-01-2006
Meg
inspired contemplation

Does anyone know where to get various fabric in London? Possibly worth starting it's own thread on this (as not sure too many textile people will come here)? I know you can get some stuff of BrickLane and things and other stuff out in Shepherds Bush but I always forget what's where.

09-01-2006
trendsetter

try liberty - great shop

or john lewis in oxford street

V.I.P.

Meg: The fabric stores on Berwick Street are ok...can be pricey if you're not trade ppl though.

Veroon: Dover Street Market is a must-see if not to buy, then just for browsing's sake. Prices really aren't out of control especially since it's the sale period. Of course, depends on what you wanna buy. CDG Play, CDG accessories are very reasonable priced as are the smaller labels stocked in the basement.

For anyone else who's into Collette-type stores, here's some info I received from Daily Candy a while back:

Super Store
Joan Rivers. Joan Collins. Jocelyn Wildenstein.
Some just keep updating what they’ve got.
Like the Bluebird, another reconstructive surgery addict that rivals anything seen on Nip/Tuck. The entire ground floor — formerly the Garage fashion market, then the Bluebird Food Market, then the poshest branch of Sainsbury’s in the universe — has now been transformed into The Shop at Bluebird.
It’s a market-style superstore selling everything from edgy designer clothing and accessories for men and women to limited-edition books, music and gadgets, with regular exhibitions and performance art. The concept mimics the likes of Colette in Paris (no, no: this one really does), or 10 Corso Como in Milan, with a touch of Rei Kawakubo’s Dover Street Market thrown in.
Stock will change all the time, with initial collections by the likes of Bella Freud, Hussein Chalayan, Mint, Park Vogel and Sonia Rykiel for the girls and Turnbull & Asser, Richard Grand Cashmere and Tretorn for the boys, alongside furnishings by Anthony Stern Glass, Sinclair Till and Vitra. Ole Henriksen spa rooms will be added in January.
As face-lifts go, this one is impressive.
And guaranteed to pull in admirers of every age.

The Shop at Bluebird, 350 King’s Road, SW3 (020 7351 3873).

(Info taken from Daily Candy mail)

My blog - Style Bubble - http://stylebubble.typepad.com/style_bubble/

Last edited by susie_bubble; 09-01-2006 at 08:01 AM.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
london, shopping