How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop / shop by city
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

03-03-2006
front row

Milan shopping
Hi girls!

I couldn't find a thread about where to shop in Milan.
Do you have any ideas?

Thanks!

03-03-2006
backstage pass

i live here ask me if you want to know something particular!!
there are some places where you have to go, like montenapoleone, via della spiga, sant'andrea; there you can find all the BEST. there are also in the city pretty cute shops in C.so Ticinese, No Season is one of the best! in downtown also DAAD is pretty nice!

03-03-2006
backstage pass

I like Purple and the shops around it in Porta Ticinese..The whole street is nice (I dont remember it's name), the one that goes down to Il Naviglio...The Fornarina and Killah shops are really nice..Some vintage...a lot of Street...And then..nice aperitivos at Porta Ticinese..

04-03-2006
front row

Thanks girls!

21-03-2006
windowshopping

Also the Brera zone is full of nice shops, bars and restaurants amd it's not far from the centre of Milan, u can go there by walk

backstage pass

Does anybody know where a great shoestore with lots of designers near montenapoleone is? I'm going to milan in about 4 weeks for one day shopping and I've been there last year before, but I didn't find a shoe store which sells only designers.
Thanks in advance.

05-04-2006
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by fashion_love
Does anybody know where a great shoestore with lots of designers near montenapoleone is? I'm going to milan in about 4 weeks for one day shopping and I've been there last year before, but I didn't find a shoe store which sells only designers.
Thanks in advance.

You can shop at VIERRE, just at the end of Montenapoleone street; it sells great selection of designer shoes, pricey but wonderful :p :p

backstage pass

^Thank you! I'll go there.

21-04-2006
V.I.P.

I would like to resurrect this thread since I will be in Milan for a couple of days. So far I have only 10 Corso Como on my list. Is there anything else worth checking out? Also, if anyone could recommend a nice, centrally located, not too expensive hotel - I would appreciate it.

Also, is Brera the best area to stay in? From my research, it sounds like it, but I see very few hotels there (probably for a reason ). What are the areas next to Brera - I could look for a hotel there.

Last question - is there a decent map of Milan available on the internet? I can't find any.

Thanks.

22-04-2006
slightly dizzy

Faust, "easy milano" is a magazine for expats in Milan; they always have a map at the end of it. Not the greatest and most detailed, but you can download it in PDF format at http://www.easymilano.it/eng/index.php and see if it's enough for your needs. I kept a ring-bound Berlitz (?) "pocket book" map in my bag when I was living there, you can buy it at a stall by Duomo, or anywhere I guess, for 6 or something.

Brera is a very nice area, but most of the central city is OK. Just avoid the area around Stazione Centrale... I think the best place to look for a good, but still reasonably priced hotel would be around Porta Venezia? I'd say it doesn't really matter exactly where you're staying since the city is so compact. Public transportation is excellent and taxis are relatively cheap.

You already have 10 Corso Como on your list, and it really is a must... But don't forget to check out their outlet at Via Tazzoli 3, it's just a few minutes walk from the main store!

Another good outlet is D Magazine at the end of Montenapoleone and Porta Genova (2 different shops, I've only ever been to Montenapoleone) http://www.dmagazine.it/ Their stock changes constantly, sometimes you find great stuff from CdG, Dior Homme, Margiela and lots of other labels, sometimes nothing but crap...

22-04-2006
V.I.P.

Tott, how could I forget that you lived in Milan?! Thanks for all the info. Get ready for an assault of PMs from me .

23-04-2006
slightly dizzy

Bring it on! :p

23-04-2006
follow the lights

This might also be very helpful... although I don't think you need it when you have tott

http://superfuture.com/city/city/selected.cfm?city=5

Last edited by Baizilla; 23-04-2006 at 06:10 AM.
23-04-2006
V.I.P.

/\ Oh, yea, how could I forget Superfuture. Thanks!.

23-04-2006
follow the lights

np

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
milan, shopping