How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop / shop by city
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

08-08-2006
turn and face the strange

New Orleans
Well, since I'll be there this fall I'd like to hear any recommendations while in the city! I already know some boutiques, and there are definetely some nice thrift stores. Thanks

24-11-2006
windowshopping

I'm planning a visit to New Orleans in mid April... Any suggestions on places to shop?

The only shopping I know of down there is Trashy Diva (www.trashydiva.com) ...they have some great dresses!

19-02-2007
Midnight blooms.........

Bump!

woo hoo! what a dead thread... But since I've moved, I've found a ton of good shopping areas. Are you curious for some sasscam?

19-02-2007

I'd say the best area by far is Magazine street (uptown). There's so many amazing vintage stores, like Retro Active (BEST), Funky Munky, Buffalo Exchange,.. also many trendier stores, some designer boutiques like Mimi, ah-ha (found some jackets 75% off the other day), hemline,.. lots of coffee shops, antique stores and great food of all sorts (indian, japanese, vietnamese, middle eastern, italian).

Downtown, though, there's lots of stores down N. Peters (around Canal shopping area, which has Saks), like Fcuk, Urban Outfitters,.. then there are some malls like the Riverwalk, which has basic mall stores haha.

19-02-2007
Midnight blooms.........

Thank-you!
Do you live there?
What's it like?

welcome! oh it's really a nice place to live..not as unsafe as they portray it! (well lots of crime downtown though) and so much to do Are you going for mardi gras?

20-02-2007
Midnight blooms.........

No, but I'm very interested in living there for awhile, have been looking into a charity or something to make it easier to get there, though I'm finding it hard to find any!
How come you moved there?

Ohh I see, well that's very cool! I'm there for college, living on campus, but probably not next semester.

20-02-2007
Midnight blooms.........

You're so lucky!

Iowa Girl Loves Fashion

haute femme, are you still around?

I'm visiting New Orleans from Florida this weekend. We're staying in the French Quarter... can you recommend any cool places downtown? My boyfriend and I aren't afraid to walk, too. Some cool thrift stores would be neat... or cute boutiques.

04-06-2008

Hi! I'm not really as familiar with shops downtown since I lived uptown, but I know there are lots of cute crazy boutiques.. Hemline is a dress shop with some good brands..if you go to Magazine street (it travels from uptown to downtown) you will definitely find some amazing thrift stores and shops.

Up and down Decatur street and around the french quarter there are lots of specialty shops like yarn, leather (haha, if you're interested in those), books, art galleries, and hole in the wall places. but downtown is known most for the food and the live music scene. There's also bigger stores like Urban Outfitters and French Connection right in that area, while on Canal street (borders the quarter), there's Saks. Royal street has lots of antique stores. If you end up on magazine though, you'll find many stores for sure.

wish I knew more about downtown though! there's many sites with store listings by area

10-06-2008
tfs star

HEYYYYYYYYY YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY. i never noticed this thread. another new orleanlian. wow.
ok, well uptown... you gotta check out
on magazine street
funky munky, cutest thrift store,
ah-ha, cute dress shop
funrockn
there's a lot of little shops all on that strip.

if you go downtown you must check out fifi mahony's on royal street,i cant really describe it, you just need to see it.
decatur street is paradise, royal street is mostly art galleries, but really interesting.
and while you're there, check out the hustler store on bourbon, no really. haha.

if yall tell me when yall are in town i can give you a list of fun clubs and bars to go to too

10-06-2008
Iowa Girl Loves Fashion

I think I missed everything! I was on Magazine for a bit, but I didn't continue for some cool places... just hit the WWII Museum and then moved on to another street.

But I must say, New Orleans is amazing and I'm sure I missed so much. Thanks for the advice, though - next time, next time.

11-06-2008
tfs star

oh see i haven't even been to the wwII museum... haha. i haven't done any of the touristy stuff either, although i want to. like the swamp tours. hahaha.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
orleans