How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop / shop by city
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

04-07-2005
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxie-Pooh
I dunno..perhaps I always go there at the wrong time but everytime that I am there I can only see the basic black blazers, fetishesqe bondage pants, and some cheesy white tees...how come I never find the things that I see on the runways...oh and the SAs spook me...I'm always afriad to try things because I think they might club me if I don't buy it..
oook...

05-07-2005
backstage pass

Thanks for the article Baklanyc

05-07-2005
dsq
backstage pass

I just went there for the first time this weekend, the clothes are very nice, the people are cool and laid back. Very good clothes if you can afford it.

05-07-2005
kLm
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxie-Pooh
I dunno..perhaps I always go there at the wrong time but everytime that I am there I can only see the basic black blazers, fetishesqe bondage pants, and some cheesy white tees...how come I never find the things that I see on the runways...oh and the SAs spook me...I'm always afriad to try things because I think they might club me if I don't buy it..
I'm not sure if you're looking very hard, if that's all you see. And the gents that work there are very friendly, even moreso considering how very cold the reception can be in some of the other boutiques nearby.

17-10-2005
front row

I went there recently on Faust's recommendation, and it's a great selection. Carefully edited to a neutral-toned palette, but within that limitation there is a lot of variety.

They do carry some very simple pieces (basic v-neck sweaters, t-shirts, blazers) right next to the more adventurous fare, so whether you're a minimalist or a post-everything rockstar looking for something extravagant to wear in your next photoshoot, there's something for everyone.

Also, experience shopping at similar small boutiques has taught me that one visit is never enough...with these smaller places there is a lot of turnover throughout the season and new items are arriving all the time. So if you've been in once and didn't find anything you fancy, give them another shot.

Ah, if only we had such a boutique stuffed with Japanese and Belgians here in Austin... Le sigh

17-10-2005
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Baron
Ah, if only we had such a boutique stuffed with Japanese and Belgians here in Austin... Le sigh

Now, I can't wait to go to A on MY birthday

27-11-2005
V.I.P.

Website updated with a new slideshow.

http://ateliernewyork.com/

09-03-2006
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by faust
Website updated with a new slideshow.

http://ateliernewyork.com/
again

26-03-2006
rising star

hello everyone.
i just wanted to let you know that i now have my own e-mail at a.
jordan@ateliernewyork.com
please feel free to contact me with any sales inquaries.
best.
-jordan

26-03-2006
rising star

08-07-2008
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by kLm View Post
I'm not sure if you're looking very hard, if that's all you see. And the gents that work there are very friendly, even moreso considering how very cold the reception can be in some of the other boutiques nearby.
And that, my friend, is the absolute truth. Visiting New York and its boutiques for the first time, I wasn't expecting the warmness, especially from a store that stocks up such brooding and dusky exhibits. The retailers at places that were on the "poppier" side of things were so much more hard-edged and detached than the two guys that I found working there.

18-07-2008
backstage pass

i've been there a handful of times, and they've always been nice to me.
i'll try a lot different things, and probably walk out with one piece or sometimes nothing. it's expensive!!!!

but yeah, very cool, if you can pull it off.

10-12-2008
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxie-Pooh View Post
maybe it just doesn't match Foxie-Pooh's taste?

23-02-2009
tfs star

atelier moved to tribeca, right?

im gonna visit the new shop when i go to NYC this spring

28-01-2010
tfs star

Hey, I just noticed they have a collaboration w/ YSL/Pilati on their website...Wouldn't normally associate the 2, but nice stuff regardless..

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
atelier, city, york