How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop / shop by city
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

07-09-2005
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by haruki
Does anyone know the name of the delightful older gentleman who works at IF in SOHO? He has gray hair, full full luscious lips, and is rather stylish.
I know who you're referring to, but I don't know his name. sorry...

08-09-2005
V.I.P.

Quote:
Does anyone know the name of the delightful older gentleman who works at IF in SOHO? He has gray hair, full full luscious lips, and is rather stylish.
Philip. He's quite a character

08-09-2005
front row

Thank you Mr. Faust,

I won't forget Philip at If anytime soon for sure.

08-09-2005
V.I.P.

Quote:
Thank you Mr. Faust,

I won't forget Philip at If anytime soon for sure.
Really? What did he do to you?

09-09-2005
scenester

philip from IF no longer wears margiela - he just can't.

09-09-2005
front row

Quote:
I don't like that store very much. People working there have way too much attitude and are way too much unfriendly, which is very inappropriate for the clothes they sell. I associate names like Martin Margiela, Dries Van Noten and Junya Watanabe with genuine and warm feeling, not plasticity. I had the same bad impression of their service everytime I was there. I was once interested in getting a Junya Watanabe sweater, but that Philip guy dealt with me in such an unpleasant manner, that I had to give up in the end.

They have another White American sales girl, she is simply ridiculous! Everytime I was there, I came aross her doing or saying something stupid. There was once I saw her helping a middle-aged British lady. I don't know if this girl just wanted to behave classily or whatever else, at the beginning she talked normally and then after maybe 20 or 30 seconds, she started talking in British accent and complimented that lady on her British origin! You guys know how horrible Americans sound like when they try to speak English with impure British accent. I almost got goose pimples on my skin at that time, I had to rush out of their door as soon as possible.

09-09-2005
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokopuff
Does anyone know when Topshop will be arriving in Opening Ceremony in NYC?
I would also like to know..is it there now? I haven't been to Opening Ceremony for a few months.

09-09-2005
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by haoshcn
I don't like that store very much. People working there have way too much attitude and are way too much unfriendly, which is very inappropriate for the clothes they sell. I associate names like Martin Margiela, Dries Van Noten and Junya Watanabe with genuine and warm feeling, not plasticity. I had the same bad impression of their service everytime I was there. I was once interested in getting a Junya Watanabe sweater, but that Philip guy dealt with me in such an unpleasant manner, that I had to give up in the end.

They have another White American sales girl, she is simply ridiculous! Everytime I was there, I came aross her doing or saying something stupid. There was once I saw her helping a middle-aged British lady. I don't know if this girl just wanted to behave classily or whatever else, at the beginning she talked normally and then after maybe 20 or 30 seconds, she started talking in British accent and complimented that lady on her British origin! You guys know how horrible Americans sound like when they try to speak English with impure British accent. I almost got goose pimples on my skin at that time, I had to rush out of their door as soon as possible.

Really? I thought the staff at If were incredibly friendly and easy going. Especially Philip. He was a hoot. I had a great time trying things on with him, talking about designers, and getting some good fashion gossip from him. It was almost like a party. The only other place in the U.S. that is as fun to shop at, in my opinion, is the Ron Herman on Melrose in Los Angeles with the fabulous sales associate Derick who happens to be the best dressed man in America.

09-09-2005
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by faust
Philip. He's quite a character
whatever happened to the Japanese lady working there? i forget her name...she's nice and pretty friendly. i don't see her there anymore.

10-09-2005
trendsetter

I'm pretty sure that Topshop is coming to opening ceremony on September 12 (monday!)

Just a question about Cloak-Is it only a men's line? i haven't been to their store yet..

10-09-2005
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolr02
Just a question about Cloak-Is it only a men's line? i haven't been to their store yet..
Only men's. Check out the Cloak Uncloaked thread in Designers and Collections, I just posted an interview with Alex there in which he touches on that subject.

10-09-2005
no photos, no photos

When I was trying on those pants at Cloak there was girl in the fitting room next to me trying on as well............you'd have to be pretty straight with few curves though

10-09-2005
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by purechris
When I was trying on those pants at Cloak there was girl in the fitting room next to me trying on as well............you'd have to be pretty straight with few curves though
Come to think of it, I saw a girl once wearing the same Cloak knit cardigan as I have (only in black). It looked good.

28-09-2005
windowshopping

New York shopping
Hi, I'm going to new york for the first time-ever! I'm soo exited but would love to have some good shop info, from ladies who knows! So, please give me some advice on which stores, markets, anything I should visit!

Merci beaucoup

28-09-2005
backstage pass

I would say definately NoLiTa (maybe that area is a little out of date) and Brooklyn.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
city, shopping, york