How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop / shop by city
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

23-10-2005
front row

thanks!

24-10-2005
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by faust
You are about two weeks early for the sales, but they may start at Century 21. Definitely hit Barneys as Softie suggested. Make Loehmanns, Feilin's and TJMaxx your last stops, only if you have time. I suggest Tootsi Otto Plohound for shoes.
When does the sale generally get started then, Faust? I remember when I was in NYC last year on Thanksgiving, most places haven't started their sale yet. Bergdorf Goodman and Saks had almost nothing on sale, and Barneys only had one or two brands on sale. I also went to Yohji, CdG and maybe also IF, they weren't on sale either. I am thinking about going to New York again late Nov or early Dec. What time do you think will be the best to catch the sale? Thanks for any help!

24-10-2005
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by haoshcn
When does the sale generally get started then, Faust? I remember when I was in NYC last year on Thanksgiving, most places haven't started their sale yet. Bergdorf Goodman and Saks had almost nothing on sale, and Barneys only had one or two brands on sale. I also went to Yohji, CdG and maybe also IF, they weren't on sale either. I am thinking about going to New York again late Nov or early Dec. What time do you think will be the best to catch the sale? Thanks for any help!
Interesting. I could've sworn that most stores started sales at or a little before Thanksgiving last year. In the early December you will definitely catch the first wave of sales (30-40% generally).

26-10-2005
windowshopping

Shopping in Nyc
Heya!

I was hoping to gain some wisdom as to some good stores to shop in nyc. I'll be heading there in a few days and I was hoping someone might give me some ideas or addresses of places to find some good, rather inexpensive finds. Any help is appreciated!

Thanks!!

26-10-2005
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasplate
Heya!

I was hoping to gain some wisdom as to some good stores to shop in nyc. I'll be heading there in a few days and I was hoping someone might give me some ideas or addresses of places to find some good, rather inexpensive finds. Any help is appreciated!

Thanks!!
How about looking five threads down?

26-10-2005
V.I.P.

Merged

27-10-2005
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by faust
Interesting. I could've sworn that most stores started sales at or a little before Thanksgiving last year. In the early December you will definitely catch the first wave of sales (30-40% generally).
Yes, I think that's the accepted time generally... End Nov./early Dec.

I know because my birthday is end of November. Yes, VERY good timing

BTW, I stopped into IF this past weekend whilst walking through Soho. It was interesting. All SAs ignored me and I walked around the racks and looked at various things. They do carry some neat pieces, especially some gorgeous Margiela accessories for women, but no brands that I'd wear.

Their store is very spacious haha

28-10-2005
rising star

Fyi : Oak (nyc:bk)
The Brooklyn boys' favorite, Oak, in Williamsburg and Park Slope, and Canary, its sister store, are offering a $25 gift certificate for every $100 spent from October 26th—November 15th...

150 Ainslie Street
Brooklyn, NY 11211
718-782-0521

668 President Street (between 5th and 6th Avenues)
Brooklyn, NY

taken from: http://www.refinery29.com

30-10-2005
windowshopping

Shopping in New York
Hey guys!!

Iam new here So, hello *wave

Iam going to New York this january and wanted to ask you some questions...

First:

I love shopping so, where do ya think should I go and have a look?? Iam addicted to fashion, so Iam pretty sure that I'll visit a Prada store. Do you know how much a bag costs there? Or maybe where I can get some designerstuff for less money?

Second:

Which shops do you like? (It's not important if they have designer clothes or something) I also like notebooks, pens and stuff like this.

Third:

Do you know a nice hotel where I can stay?? It should be in Manhattan, if possible I'll stay for 5 days and aaaw Iam already so excited!!

Four:

If you live in New York:
Which (fashion) magazine do you like?

Aaaand the last one:

I want to buy make-up. Do you know where I can get nice stuff?

Thanx for your answers!!

30-10-2005
Swim Upstream

there is a thread on his topic in the shoppig section....I'll merge this with it. welcome to tFS Miss Bates

30-10-2005
Swim Upstream

now merged

30-10-2005
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by helena
there is a thread on his topic in the shoppig section....I'll merge this with it. welcome to tFS Miss Bates
Aww, didn't see that!
Thank you!!

01-11-2005
rising star

6 hours in New York City
Hi everyone

I am going on a business trip to NYC shortly after Thanksgiving and figure I will have about 6 hours to shop, give or take.

Where is a good area to spend my time walking and shopping? (and which shops to look out for?) I think I'd mostly be looking for nice-business casual clothes to wear, although a few trendy evening items would be nice as well. I'm an attorney but we don't have to wear suits, although I do like pantsuits if they have a nice cut. I got a gorgeous one in Rome last year - they even tailored it for me, for instance.

Being from the DC area we have all the major shops, so I guess I'd be looking for shops that are a little more unique. (i,e, I can go to Ann Taylor and B-Repub here). I know that sounds kinda naff!

my free day is most of Sunday, and the conference is Mon, leaving Tues after it's over. So Monday evening I do have free as well but not sure what I am doing yet - likely dinner and a show with friends. The conference is on 7th avenue, not far from Rockefeller Center if I am not mistaken.

thanks!

01-11-2005
V.I.P.

If I were you, I would go to Barney's NY. They basically have everything. Besides, there are so many stores in that area, choos, zara, H&M, etc. If you still have time, go to saks...I suspect that their sale will be going on at that time.

01-11-2005
V.I.P.

Go to SoHo. It's got a perfect mix of hi/lo - the Prada store is next to H&M, etc...

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
city, shopping, york