How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop / shop by city
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

29-01-2004
trendsetter

lele
unfortunately
the starbucks is ALL over the place
the village has changed a lot in the past 8 years...it's become much more...mainstream I guess is the right term....
the bohemian feel follows the artisits...a lot of who moved into various neighborhoods in Brooklyn.
But regarding what the girls were referring to Acid, I think they meant that edgy, very hip kind of thing.

30-01-2004
windowshopping

the atrium
zara
barney's
saks
gucci on 54th and 5th
gap
banana republic
hermes
henri bendel
prada in soho
louis vuitton in soho
so many places to shop in new york

15-03-2004
flaunt the imperfection

Downtown Shopping In New York City
fyi-i got out and did some research this weekend....seven (on orchard street) has an amazing selection of spring margiela (bought a white cotton blazer with a zip for my friend...so cool!!) but does not carry bruno pieters

however...eva (on mulberry) does carry it, but they haven't gotten spring yet

both of these stores have changed their buying habits dramatically and i would say are vastly improved...it's funny, because seven was the first to carry as four...they don't anymore and i asked her if it ever sold...she was very honest...no it didn't and she said "i think they are their own worst enemy sometimes"...they really do run around town being very annoying and pretentious...definition of 'trying too hard'...

seven carries bless...but only a sneaker and a lthr cd case...bernhard wilhelm...african and batik print tunics...Y-3...(eh...)...the best stuff-besides margiela,,,was by gaspard yurkievich...i was pleasantly surprised...they will also be carrying veronique branquinho-men's only!...and ioc...maybe even the gold puma boots from the show next season!!!

eva's looking really good too and with a bunch of new designers i'm not familiar with...they had lots of great, unique accessories...i didn't have enough time to really shop that store...but i'll be back!! lol:

fyi=there are a couple new stores which have opened on mott st...i ...that's the name...i heart...owned by two girls...mixture of new and vintage...eley kishimoto, karen walker, guage swtrs..seems like a lot of british labels...some cool home stuff and accessories...very 'cute'...and another across the street where hedra prue used to be...didn't have time to check that one out...

a detacher-(on mott) remains one of my favorites...mona-the designer who sells her own stuff there has an outstanding collection for spring!!!...(faust...maybe for your wife)

that's the news from the frontlines in downtown ny...haha

Last edited by softgrey; 21-01-2005 at 06:30 AM.

15-03-2004
trendsetter

softgrey
thanks for the info
I was walking around the village/broadway area and was VERY disappoited by what was out there....
i'm going to have to check out your suggestions over the weekend

15-03-2004
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally posted by softgrey@Mar 15th, 2004 - 2:16 pm
fyi-i got out and did some research this weekend....seven (on orchard street) has an amazing selection of spring margiela (bought a white cotton blazer with a zip for my friend...so cool!!) but does not carry bruno pieters

however...eva (on mulberry) does carry it, but they haven't gotten spring yet

both of these stores have changed their buying habits dramatically and i would say are vastly improved...it's funny, because seven was the first to carry as four...they don't anymore and i asked her if it ever sold...she was very honest...no it didn't and she said "i think they are their own worst enemy sometimes"...they really do run around town being very annoying and pretentious...definition of 'trying too hard'...

seven carries bless...but only a sneaker and a lthr cd case...bernhard wilhelm...african and batik print tunics...Y-3...(eh...)...the best stuff-besides margiela,,,was by gaspard yurkievich...i was pleasantly surprised...they will also be carrying veronique branquinho-men's only!...and ioc...maybe even the gold puma boots from the show next season!!!

eva's looking really good too and with a bunch of new designers i'm not familiar with...they had lots of great, unique accessories...i didn't have enough time to really shop that store...but i'll be back!! lol:

fyi=there are a couple new stores which have opened on mott st...i ...that's the name...i heart...owned by two girls...mixture of new and vintage...eley kishimoto, karen walker, guage swtrs..seems like a lot of british labels...some cool home stuff and accessories...very 'cute'...and another across the street where hedra prue used to be...didn't have time to check that one out...

a detacher-(on mott) remains one of my favorites...mona-the designer who sells her own stuff there has an outstanding collection for spring!!!...(faust...maybe for your wife)

that's the news from the frontlines in downtown ny...haha
Seven is awesome! I like their selection a lot. What you mentioned, + Raf Simons and Xavier Delcour (although you probably didn't look at the small men's section in the back of the store too hard ). Also, that's the only store I know that carries Cosmic Wonder. Their sales people are uber cool, so laid back.

Eva is a cool store too, my wife likes it. I'll check it out once they get Bruno Pieters.

Have you ever been to Opening Ceremony on Howard/Crosby? They carry Cloak, if your boyfriend is interested.

P.S. Did you pick up the ( I can't beleive I'm saying that ) MUST-HAVE Margiela AIDS t-shirt at Seven?

P.P.S. Y-3 = I can't beleive Yohji is doing that.

Sugo, you gotta get turn off Broadway in that area, either right or left will do .

15-03-2004
trendsetter

Faust
I did
I can't tolerate Broadway.
All the suburban teenagers going to the city to get the coolest new fashions at Mystique Boutique? No thanks...
All the stores I went into, I didnt' find anything interesting. There also seems to be an influx of pastel colours, which i'm not too fond of.

15-03-2004
flaunt the imperfection

Quote:
Originally posted by faust@Mar 15th, 2004 - 3:57 pm

(although you probably didn't look at the small men's section in the back of the store too hard ). Also, that's the only store I know that carries Cosmic Wonder. Their sales people are uber cool, so laid back.

Have you ever been to Opening Ceremony on Howard/Crosby?

P.S. Did you pick up the ( I can't beleive I'm saying that ) MUST-HAVE Margiela AIDS t-shirt at Seven?

P.P.S. Y-3 = I can't beleive Yohji is doing that.

Sugo, you gotta get turn off Broadway in that area, either right or left will do .
your welcome sugo...it's a fun little afternoon out...

haha---you're right faust...i didn't look at men's when i was at seven...it's so dark back there!!!...very hard to shop...but the staff were amazing...very cool and very informed...don't know anything about the shirt, though...hmmm....

..don't think i've ever been to opening ceremony, although it sounds familiar so maybe i've passed by...thx i'l check it out

Y-3...such a disappointment...oh well...

15-03-2004
Heated

Seven is quite possibly the best thing about New York shopping, with Barneys and If Boutique coming in close second and third.

Liz and Joseph at Seven know everything and are so so helpful. No attitude, just friendly assistance.

15-03-2004
flaunt the imperfection

Quote:
Originally posted by chickonspeed@Mar 15th, 2004 - 5:48 pm
Seven is quite possibly the best thing about New York shopping, with Barneys and If Boutique coming in close second and third.

Liz and Joseph at Seven know everything and are so so helpful. No attitude, just friendly assistance.
i am surprised they survived,,,after zao closed across the street and with all of the as four they used to carry... i wasn't sure they'd make it...but you're right...they are just lovely folks and are really into what they are doing...it was such a pleasure...

does anybody else know of some good spots to hit down in tht area?...i know foley and corrina...and now they have a men's store...any other good things pop up recently?...

18-03-2004
Reanimated

Quote:
Originally posted by softgrey@Mar 15th, 2004 - 2:16 pm
it's funny, because seven was the first to carry as four...they don't anymore and i asked her if it ever sold...she was very honest...no it didn't and she said "i think they are their own worst enemy sometimes"...they really do run around town being very annoying and pretentious...definition of 'trying too hard'...

That is too funny- I used to see them years ago hanging out, and lI oved their bags! Can't say they do much for me these days, though. Oh well- thanks for the info- I'm planning to leave my beloved Brooklyn for a "big city" shopping tour soon, I'll post back with anything worth mentioning .

18-03-2004
offline.

I love downtown boutiques.. One of my faves is MZ Wallace on Crosby street... check them out!

18-03-2004
V.I.P.

ohh i whant to go to NYC, at least to visit Seven and Eva, and CDG.

LA has good shoping some times, btu we are lacking in young euopean designers, even though there are alot of good young la designers.

19-03-2004
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally posted by Spacemiu@Mar 18th, 2004 - 10:10 pm

LA has good shoping some times, btu we are lacking in young euopean designers, even though there are alot of good young la designers.
I LOVE LA shopping! Most people are such label whores that anything besides Gucci/Prada, etc. is laying around at a deep discount!!! I've been to LA twice (I have family there) around New Year's, and I've gotten some excellent bargains! True, NYC has a wide selection, but also much more discerning customers.

P.S. I like H.Lorenzo, cool store.

19-03-2004
flaunt the imperfection

LA shopping ---i also got some great bargains when i was there...cdg 50% off at traffic in beverly center....i guess very few folks wear blk clothing by avant garde japanese designers there...haha...

back on topic....jill plattner is one of my fave jwlry designers...her store on crosby is great...she's recently started doing gold...until now it was just silver...i didn't think i would like it...but it's GORGEOUS...drop dead....i'm totally lusting after it....not cheap though...

she's aslo started doing belts...i tried one on....$750...i put it back down...
i'm still thinking about it though...

the store's like a gallery...there's a giant mobile of one of her sculptures hanging from the ceiling...highly recommended

22-03-2004
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally posted by faust+Mar 19th, 2004 - 9:26 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(faust @ Mar 19th, 2004 - 9:26 am)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-Spacemiu@Mar 18th, 2004 - 10:10 pm

I LOVE LA shopping! Most people are such label whores that anything besides Gucci/Prada, etc. is laying around at a deep discount!!! I've been to LA twice (I have family there) around New Year's, and I've gotten some excellent bargains! True, NYC has a wide selection, but also much more discerning customers.

P.S. I like H.Lorenzo, cool store. [/b][/quote]
Actually only beverly hills rodeo peopel are label whores, indie labels are really populare. CDG actually has a big following in LA.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
city, shopping, york