How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop / shop by city
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

23-08-2008
V.I.P.

i got it few doors down @ Osklen

23-08-2008
V.I.P.

osklen, but of course

26-08-2008
fashion insider

i'm heading to NYC again this weekend for the carabiean festival in brooklyn.. what are the best shops to go to as well as the best vintage spots. i'll be there only two days because classes start in september.

address whould be great

i already know to hit up the centrey 21 store. i hear it's better than the one in manhatten and cheaper

Last edited by adore dior; 26-08-2008 at 04:36 PM.

27-09-2008
backstage pass

Does anyone know if Barneys - the actual store and not barneys.com - will ship internationally. If not - does anyone know if Bergdorf Goodman carries Lanvin jewellry?

02-10-2008
scenester

Vintage sale
Just an FYI...

Manhattan Vintage Clothing Show is having a vintage clothing and anitque textile show and sale with "more than 85 top vintage clothing and antique textile dealers coming to the Metropolitan Pvailion" October 10 and 11

It's got quite an admission fee of 20 bucks (with $5 discount if you go to the website) but I'm planning to go, there's bound to be some great things waiting for me to bargain for there

http://www.manhattanvintage.com/index2.shtm

03-10-2008
front row

Hi all.

Was wondering if any of you would know before I call Macy's NYC to ask, do they have parking available at the store for free if you shop there? Im looking to take a trip up to NY in the next few weeks but wasnt sure if I could drive and park at Macy's or if the train was a better way to go! TIA

03-10-2008
scenester

I highly doubt they have parking, and if they did it wouldn't be free. And if you're thinking about the one in Manhattan, then if they did, I'm very sure it is not worth the hassle or money that's doomed to be involved. The subway is your best bet.

06-10-2008
front row

The subway isnt an option really... I live in Philadelphia and was kinda hoping to drive up. My mom wants to go to Macys so I thought they would have parking... thanks tho!

12-10-2008
backstage pass

I know this is a little off topic, but I'm going to NYC next weekend. My friend from Wales is staying there with his aunt for two weeks, and my best friend is coming up for PA. We want to go to a couple of good restaurants that aren't the typical chain restaurants. We think we wanna go to Serendipity, but are there any other suggestions of stylish places that aren't too pricey?

Last edited by quiet heartbeat; 12-10-2008 at 10:55 AM.

13-10-2008
front row

Balthazar Restaurant and anywhere in Little Italy.... (but I love Italian)

13-10-2008
scenester

A few I can think of right now are Le Pain Quotiden...and if you like Korean, Woo Chon, and Mandoo.WooRiJip for quick, really cheap, but really great stuff. If you like Indian, Bay Leaf for their buffet. Cafe Zaiya is nice, I recommend the one @ Kinokuniya if you've never been there, just because, it's a great bookstore

It's hard to say, because there are countless really good resteraunts in nyc with great food and nice area, and sometimes that's stylish enough even if the interior or whatever isn't that oohlala..

13-10-2008
backstage pass

I'll check those out! Thanks. =]
Are there websites for all of those?

13-10-2008
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by katherine View Post
All of the department stores are having MAD sales to get rid of their Spring stock to bring in the Fall.

There is a really cute underrated boutique near my house that carries some really nice pieces. I'm blanking on the name. I will let you guys know the next time I pass it.
Mad sales? Oh, I wish I was in New York right now!

13-10-2008
scenester

Your welcome! I know these do: http://www.woochon.com/ http://www.bayleafnyc.com/ http://www.zaiyany.com/ http://www.lepainquotidien.com/ if you google all of these places there are alot of sites that have a bunch of reviews and stuff for them.

13-10-2008
backstage pass

I'm getting so excited now. Haha. I haven't been to NYC in two year. O.O

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
city, shopping, york