How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop / shop by city
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

31-03-2010
rising star

I would really really really appreciate it if someone make a list of vintage/thrift stores in NYC that worth visiting, and interesting stores (not those chain stores like h&m, club monaco etc.) Thanks in advance.

I remembered this girl writing a shopping marathon in like 2 days in NYC but I totally forgot her blog

02-04-2010
windowshopping

try to go to Lower East Side and Nolita area
you'll find soooo many small individually owned boutiques in those neighborhood!
if you ever visit NYC for shopping trip, contact me... i'll go with you and show you around where to shop ...just message me

07-04-2010
rising star

^That sounds really awesome! Thank you in advance I need more shopping friends in my life. I'll definitely give you a shout when i'm going.

08-04-2010
front row

Is there any sales in NYC around MAY?

13-04-2010
V.I.P.

My bf is in NY for 3 days ...
He's disappointed that Yamamoto's closed but where can he go ? I'm not sure he'll have enough time to hang in shops, so I told him to head to Barneys ... But isn't there another shop where he can go ? He is in Manhattan and won't move a lot ...

Another question : what's the most common dress code to go in jazz club (like Blue Note, Bird .... Bird something etc.) ??? I told him that in NY one couldn't go out without being well dressed, but I'm not sure so I put a classic outfit in the suitcase ... What do you think ? He is mostly into jeans and sneakers, so if he can out like that ....

14-04-2010
backstage pass

^^ new york is probably more casual than you're expecting, or can be, unless you're hanging out in the snootiest and most upscale of places uptown -- i guess it depends on how stuffy the place you're going is. i feel like he's probably going to want to ditch the sneakers, but mostly anywhere he goes he'll be fine in black well-fitting jeans, black shoes or boots, and something that's not a ratty teeshirt. especially at a jazz club i'm willing to bet there'll still be some old bald guy in a hawaiian shirt or something awful, so he'll be fine by comparison.

is he specifically looking for a shop that will have yohji? barney's is probably his best bet, yeah. tell him to check superfuture for plenty of other rad menswear stores, their nyc guide is dead-on
http://www.superfuture.com/supertrav.../soho_new_york etc!

14-04-2010
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerlinRocks View Post
My bf is in NY for 3 days ...
He's disappointed that Yamamoto's closed but where can he go ? I'm not sure he'll have enough time to hang in shops, so I told him to head to Barneys ... But isn't there another shop where he can go ? He is in Manhattan and won't move a lot ...

Another question : what's the most common dress code to go in jazz club (like Blue Note, Bird .... Bird something etc.) ??? I told him that in NY one couldn't go out without being well dressed, but I'm not sure so I put a classic outfit in the suitcase ... What do you think ? He is mostly into jeans and sneakers, so if he can out like that ....
IF and Atelier would be worth stopping in and CdG of course if he is feeling an eclectic whim.

jeans and a sport jacket perhaps?

15-04-2010
V.I.P.

thank you girls

all informations are forwarded to him ...

hope he will get me a present somewhere at Atelier or CDG ...

15-04-2010
front row

does anyone know where i can get a pair of mens carrot pants in manhattan
that arnt too pricey??

20-04-2010
V.I.P.

i didnt know where to post and i thought this was the most appropriate.

for the first time im going to new york for a vacation! i need advise for everything so please lemme know anything.

right now im looking for a hotel that is close to shopping areas and museums. specifically i wanna go to Topshop and buy alexander wang and places similar to those brands. the hotel should be decent as well.

what is the shopping experience like at barneys and places like that? i really dont like snooty places that follow you around.

Last edited by emailme.; 20-04-2010 at 09:19 PM.

25-04-2010
rising star

^these would be very helpful for me too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCFS View Post
does anyone know where i can get a pair of mens carrot pants in manhattan
that arnt too pricey??
TOPMAN? I've just bought one from there and it fits really nice.

Last edited by AAAA; 25-04-2010 at 09:17 PM.

01-05-2010
fashion icon

if you are interested in shopping for something other then clothes, i would suggest going to the strand or to magazine cafe, both places are really good for looking around and finding a good book or magazine. i know i could spend a whole day at the strand but than again i am such a book worm!

01-05-2010
V.I.P.

thanks ill look into that.

02-05-2010
V.I.P.

I found such a lovely little jewerly shop in Chine Town. It was absolutely wonderful and I spend about 150dollars there I bought red buddha earrings, skull necklase, elephant earrings...oh I wanna go there again!!!

13-05-2010
windowshopping

For those that aren't subscribed to Opening Ceremony: they're having a sample sale from today to Sunday!

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
city, shopping, york