How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop / shop by city
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

05-07-2010
V.I.P.

I found this good bookstore (who sells tons of magazine, as well : spotted 032c, SelfService, all different covers of Love, all Vogues, a lot of indie magazine etc.) :
McNally Jackson, on Prince St.
And they have a coffee, so you can drink and read the magazines or books before buying them ... It's better than standing up and flipping through a magazine hit by somebody ...

05-07-2010
backstage pass

oh i love mcnally j there's also a bodega nearby there on ummmmm lafayette at spring i think that has significantly more foreign/independent fashion mags than most other newsstands, which might be the 'lafayette smoke shop' mentioned before, i just don't know the name... in DUMBO ps bookshop on washington + front sells a lot of great mags also as well as awesome used books.... powerhouse arena (also in DUMBO) is also incredible and has a lot of amazing art books and also some rad events from time to time.

01-08-2010
ɐʎ ʎǝɥ

Am planning for a Sept trip hopefully I ll have enough money to enjoy the sales which are right around that period.

01-08-2010
V.I.P.

sorry urban stylin but the sale period is actually during june, july, and august which is when stores begin to get rid of summer merch to get ready for fall. by september the selection is dismal and fall merch come in.

although it depends on your luck too. samples sales pop up every week and when i went i got 5-10$ cheap mondays. next week theres an alexander wang sample sale.

one thing for sure though is, it is fashion week and fashion night out during september though so its exciting to be in the city during that time!

03-08-2010
ɐʎ ʎǝɥ

Woah to choose between sales and fashion night out...will check out fweek i guess

25-08-2010
backstage pass

Ok.... I know I need to read this whole forum for ideas and tips... But off to NYC next April so after some advice... Been before and done the obvious shops so after more off the beaten track gems. Especially vintage. Does anyone know if the vintage store where Carrie and meranda have a huge bust up actually exists? If so where is it? Also after some reasonably priced furs to... Any good shops to watch out for? I hear soho and the villages have fab shopping... So tips down there would be fab

Gail

25-08-2010
V.I.P.

well william st girl if you read my previous post that'd help in terms of finding sales.

26-08-2010
backstage pass

Im not to bothered about sales if im being honest... there tends to be a reason why things are in sales in the first place!

26-08-2010
V.I.P.

well were talking about new york, the land of sample sales. you can find great bargains there.

i do agree that soho is a great shopping destination. although i didnt really see any vintage shops there just boutiques like opening ceremony and big stores like topshop.

you can check ny.racked.com im sure they have a list of great vintage stores.

28-08-2010
windowshopping

Hey guys! I'll be arriving at NYC next month and I wanted to ask if you could recommend any good stores that sell discounted designer clothes? I went there 2 years ago so I'm familiar with all the well known ones (tj maxx, marshall's, loehmann's, century 21 etc…) so I want to try new places..
Also would you recommend going to jersey gardens outlet or to the Woodbury Common outlet? I heard that jersey gardens can be a hit or miss and that woodbury is very expensive and it's hard to hit that whole place in one day. What do you think? Thank you!

18-09-2010
tfs star

Any tips on nyc sample sales?

23-10-2010
windowshopping

Where does all the young people do their shoppings in NYC? Where should I go to find fashionable clothes with a low budget?

23-11-2010
fashion icon

Has anyone been to the Magazine Cafe shop in NYC? I really want to check it out- is it any good?

25-11-2010
tfs star

Yes I was there last week, tons of choices but they didn't have what i was looking for, Lula!

26-11-2010
fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoegal87 View Post
Yes I was there last week, tons of choices but they didn't have what i was looking for, Lula!
Lula hasn't come out in the states yet, apparently it just got released in the UK, so hopefully in a week or two it should be on our shelves!

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
city, shopping, york