How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop / shop by city
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

15-04-2011
tfs star

<3 the perfect day

17-04-2011
scenester

Hey guys,
I'm so thrilled about travelling to NYC next month as I'm attending the singer songwriter session at "the bitter end".
Just wanted to say that your tips in this thread are very helpful. I'm looking forward to shopping, eating and going out in NYC !

12-05-2011
fashion icon

I'm excited that my friend and I are currently planning a trip to NYC to see the Alexander McQueen exhibit. However, we are two college girls on a budget but we still want to do a few other things in the city? Any suggestions for places to go or places to shop? We already have Topshop on our list but would like to know of some other places which are around that price range. Thanks! Also, any other advice is welcome too.

14-05-2011
V.I.P.

well you can check that area where Topshop is. Topshop is not that cheap by the way. its sometimes more expensive than zara.

uniqlo is on that street as well. Muji is there too. They have tshirts thats ultra-compressed to a cube a size of a rubix. great souvenir for sure.

16-05-2011
fashion icon

Okay thank you Emailme for your suggestions.

18-05-2011
V.I.P.

theres also a vintage store called wasteland which ive never been. you can also try century 21 and tj maxx. its deeply discounted and ultra messy place to buy designer good.

also check ny.racked.com for sample sales. ny is drowning in sample sales. its the best part!

19-05-2011
backstage pass

there are plenty of good/cheap/thrift suggestions a few pages back in this thread as well

19-05-2011
fashion icon

Thanks Emailme and Lafindesiecle... both of your suggestions have been very helpful!

22-05-2011
V.I.P.

no problem yoninahaliza! please come back and tell us how you're shopping experience went.

03-06-2011
fashion icon

Also- I forgot to ask- but I was wondering if anyone could name some nice shoe stores in the city. These shoe stores should sell stylish yet comfortable shoes. I'm on the hunt for shoes which I can wear with terrible feet (due to years of dancing). Thanks!

06-06-2011
rising star

Where are some good places to have drinks and people watch in the Chelsea/Meatpacking District area? I heard the Jane Hotel has a decent bar? Just looking for some places for my boyfriend and I to hang out in the evenings (nowhere super fancy, we won't be bringing many fancy outfits-we're both more into the hipster scene).

06-06-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoninahAliza View Post
Also- I forgot to ask- but I was wondering if anyone could name some nice shoe stores in the city. These shoe stores should sell stylish yet comfortable shoes. I'm on the hunt for shoes which I can wear with terrible feet (due to years of dancing). Thanks!
go to DSW shoes in union square. there is another shoe store on the same block a few doors down.

you might want to try reading a few pages back in the thread for more shoe stores.

08-06-2011
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucy92 View Post
go to DSW shoes in union square. there is another shoe store on the same block a few doors down.
I second that - huge store tons of shoes! I also suggest heading to broadway around soho - there are tons of shoe stores. They are scattered all over. I'm going back to NY (where I'm originally from) after living in SC for 2 years and I have not bought any shoes here because there is nothing like shoe shopping in NYC to spoil one forever.

Century 21 has hugely discounted designer clothes as well as outlet priced basic brands and is a ZOO! Anything from high end designers to juniors brands like rampage is there. Their shoe selection in the manhattan store leaves much to be desired though.

I highly recommend Daffy's - it's a department store with a varying selection from really budget to discounted european designer selections. Some labels I remember they have a lot of: patrizia pepe, jeffrey campbell, seychelles, tracy reese... I always leave with a pair of shoes and some dresses whenever I go there!

13-06-2011
windowshopping

I need to weed through all of the responses - I am actually headed to NYC in a few weeks and am so overwhelmed by all of the stores! I want to make sure I hit SoHo, but I look forward to reading everyone's suggesting and coming up with a real plan! xo

17-06-2011
V.I.P.

go to ny.racked.com who specialized on the latest sales exclusive to ny. were talking samples sales and other things going in the city.

Also hit the main street where uniqlo, topshop, muji and all saints is. its shopping heaven. opening ceremony right around the corner and im pretty sure the new alexander wang store is not that far off. theres also a fossil(not the brand actual fossils) and they sell teeth, skins, anf of course fossils. They even have human skeletons.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
city, shopping, york