How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop / shop by city
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

20-12-2004
rising star

Anyone in the Tampa, Florida area? I need a shopping buddy!
I just moved here and I could use a fashion-forward friend to shop with! Anyone live in my area and wanna go shopping? I'll buy the Starbucks!

20-12-2004
scenester

Aw I just left florida.. good luck findin someone to shop with! =)

*anyone wanna join me shopping in chicago.. odd change to go from tomboy/punkie to wanting some kinda style BWHAA*

07-02-2006
scenester

hey tampa person! i thought i was the only tampon who read this forum. I actually go to school in sarasota, but im in tampa all the time (my parents still live there). where do you like to shop? obvi youve been to international plaza?

fashion elite

I'll be moving to Orlando in about three months. Is that close enough

22-03-2006
fashion elite

Orlando, Florida
I am moving to Orlando from DC in about three months.

I lived in Orlando about 6 years ago, and am just wondering what new stores etc have been put in? I know there is a new mall (dont remember the name) but are there any other new shopping areas?

I go down about three to four times a year, mainly to Disney and to visit friends, so I have not done a lot of shopping there lately.

And what is going on with POINTE Orlando.......last time I was there, it was very empty and eveything was closing.

27-03-2006
scenester

i am from tampa, but go to orlando once in a while for the millenia mall, which im pretty sure has not been there for 6 years...it has lv, chanel, jimmy choo, neiman, gucci, and then like lacoste, burberry, banana republic, urban outfitters, tiffany, etc. oh, and a macy's...

the premium outlets, IMO, are really bad...when i went there, it was full of euro tourists who were buying hideous yellow burberry trenchcoats and versace speedos like no one's business. i wouldnt bother unless you want to stop into like ralph lauren, which is usually sorta fail-proof...

there is a saks too, somewhere, but its not at millenia.

hope this helps.

for even better shopping, go to miami. i havent been in forever, but every designer has a store there...

fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.minglesworth
i am from tampa, but go to orlando once in a while for the millenia mall, which im pretty sure has not been there for 6 years...it has lv, chanel, jimmy choo, neiman, gucci, and then like lacoste, burberry, banana republic, urban outfitters, tiffany, etc. oh, and a macy's...

the premium outlets, IMO, are really bad...when i went there, it was full of euro tourists who were buying hideous yellow burberry trenchcoats and versace speedos like no one's business. i wouldnt bother unless you want to stop into like ralph lauren, which is usually sorta fail-proof...

there is a saks too, somewhere, but its not at millenia.

hope this helps.

for even better shopping, go to miami. i havent been in forever, but every designer has a store there...
You gave me just what I wanted. I've only been to the Millenia mall once, but didnt really do much shopping.

I know there is a Saks at the Florida Mall.

I will probably wind up making some shopping excursions down to Miami.

28-03-2006
scenester

they closed down almost everything at POINTE because they are renovating it and putting in more condos around the area.

and as for shopping. its just the two malls, which arent anything special.

fashion elite

What about the shopping in Winter Park??

Looks like I might be saving my shopping for trips to Miami and New York.......or online.

29-03-2006
scenester

shopping in new york/miami is much more preferably IMO.

i just went to NYC for spring break, and was much more excited about shopping at those stores there, because they have entire collections, complete with RTW and shoes and bags and jewelry.

the high-end stores in orlando (and tampa) only have bags and shoes...and even then they dont get the entire selection of bags and shoes.

i was actually really surprised that the gucci store in orlando didnt have ready-to-wear, although it has been a while since i have been so maybe they do now.

for me it is good though, that those stores arent stocked-full, because i would probably never have any money...

fashion elite

Quote:
shopping in new york/miami is much more preferably IMO.

i just went to NYC for spring break, and was much more excited about shopping at those stores there, because they have entire collections, complete with RTW and shoes and bags and jewelry.

the high-end stores in orlando (and tampa) only have bags and shoes...and even then they dont get the entire selection of bags and shoes.

i was actually really surprised that the gucci store in orlando didnt have ready-to-wear, although it has been a while since i have been so maybe they do now.

for me it is good though, that those stores arent stocked-full, because i would probably never have any money...
where is the Gucci store in Orlando?

02-04-2006
scenester

at millenia last i checked...unless they closed it, but i would be very surprised...

fashion elite

Quote:
at millenia last i checked...unless they closed it, but i would be very surprised...
Ah. Thanks.

I've only gone to the Millenia Mall once, and we just had dinner, so I didn't see too much of it.

03-04-2006
scenester

everyone at millenia looked at me like i was clearly in the wrong place...especially the men and women at louis vuitton and gucci. the only place that the SAs were particularly nice was at the burberry store.

at the louis vuitton and gucci in tampa, however, the SAs are generally nice.

if you ever get the the tampa LV, ask for SA Dalas (that is what it said on my receipt), and if you ever get to gucci, ask for brandon. both of them were very helpful

fashion elite

Quote:
everyone at millenia looked at me like i was clearly in the wrong place...especially the men and women at louis vuitton and gucci. the only place that the SAs were particularly nice was at the burberry store.

at the louis vuitton and gucci in tampa, however, the SAs are generally nice.

if you ever get the the tampa LV, ask for SA Dalas (that is what it said on my receipt), and if you ever get to gucci, ask for brandon. both of them were very helpful
Thanks for the tips.

I have friends in the Tampa area, so will probably be over there some.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
florida, orlando