How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop / shop by city
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

02-08-2008
living in the sprawl

bumping this thread as I am going to be in oslo for four months starting next week

any help would be appreciated!

y-piece,
and tu
rned into a castle for some towering queen

09-08-2008
rising star

My favorites in Oslo are
Kemt, Hegdehaugsveien 23 - I love the calm atmosphere and how classy this store is. They sell good basics, and they do also carry A.P.C, Isabel Marant, Vanessa Bruno, Patrizia Pepe, Paul & Joe, Acne, American Retro ++

A little further up in the street, you'll find Acne, which also sells beautiful clothes. I bet a lot of you have heard about Acne. Here you can find the perfect pair of jeans, the perfect partydress or whatever you're looking for.

Kamikaze, Hegdehaugsveien 27, Gucci, YSL, Prada.. Their YSL bags are the best.

MA, Hegdehaugsveien 27, oooooh my how I love this store. They have the most beautiful Miu Miu handbags. Their Balenciaga bags are not too bad either. The ladies who work there are really sweet too.

Voga, Bogstadveien 1, here you'll find Alexander McQueen, D&G, Costume National, Anna Sui, Vivienne Westwood og Dsquared and so on..

Koma, Bogstadveien 11, a perfect mix of fashion and vintage. The owner Marte Krogh is customizing the vintage clothes and bags herself to make them look perfect. Besides the amazing vintage clothing, Koma carries See by Chloé, fifth avenue shoe repair, Mike & Chris, Whyred, Cala&Jade, We Are Replay++ Worth a visit!

You should also visit Tonica Vintage at Schönings Gate 14, as someone else said, it might be a bit hard to find. But really, you should visit this store! It's so cute, the store is actually an old apartment with clothes hanging in the kitchen, bathroom and so on. Creative and fun!

17-08-2008
living in the sprawl

thanks so much for the tips

i'll definitely check out some of those shops. unfortunately, i'm 21, a student and a bit poor... anything more on the 'affordable' end. i know there is the traditional h&m, zara, manga and bik bok. anything else?

which is the best h&m?

y-piece,
and tu
rned into a castle for some towering queen
17-08-2008
windowshopping

La Luna store opened a month ago - or so. Located in Hegdehaugs veien 36, Majorstua . They've got brands such as Maxazria, Herve Leger, Evisu, William Rast +
www.lalunastore.no (i think the site is under construction at the moment)

windowshopping

Depends what you're looking for in H&M ? The one inside Oslo City is (one of) the biggest, with one floor with accessories, and two more with clothes..
You could also check out Message in Karl Johans gate 3

windowshopping

gina tricot is also really cheap and you're sure to find at least one thing there as both the stores in Oslo are 2 floors.

05-10-2008
?

I want to find good:

-vintage stores: cheap ones and expensive ones.. anything goes!
-cafés: preferably an old one, with some history, the sort of place where old ladies go to gossip.

I've been spending a lot of time in Oslo and I need things to do

front row

Every Saturday there is a vintage market at Vestkanttorget between Majorstuen and Frogner, have had some good finds there. Same goes for vintageshop Tonica at Majorstuen, really old weird stuff, men but some treasures among. And Koma in Hegdehausveien has good, but expensive vintage, and new stuff. Vinagestores in Markveien Trabant is good, as well as Velouria Vintage.
As for (new) shoes, I love Shoe Lounge at Grünerlřkka.. It's a must!

23-04-2009
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by StellaMare View Post
I want to find good:

-vintage stores: cheap ones and expensive ones.. anything goes!
-cafés: preferably an old one, with some history, the sort of place where old ladies go to gossip.

I've been spending a lot of time in Oslo and I need things to do
You'd be able to find some good vintage stores just by walking around in grünerlřkka. Otherwise, KOMA has their own little vintage section, which i find is pretty good.
I wouldn't really go to Oslo for its vintage shopping though, not really the greatest selection.
As for cafčs, there aren't that many that have a really long history and stuff unless you go to theatercafeen, for example. Most people go here just to eat lunch or a snack with a coffee, especially the older generation.
Another really popular cafč here is United Bakeries, nice coffee and delicious edible items. Otherwise, my new personal fav. has got to be Cocoa in Grünerlřkka. It's great there, and the frappč's are really good!

front row

In the heart of Oslo a new luxurious shopping centre has opened:
http://www.egerkarljohan.no
Check out this fantastic Norwegian designer I work for, with her first store at Eger!
http://www.ninaskarra.com/

26-08-2010
scenester

I'm going to Oslo in a few weeks so I need to know where to go, not only for shopping but also for a drink. How's the nightlife there, any suggestions?

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
oslo, shopping