How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop / shop by city
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

22-06-2005
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odette
There are plenty of stores and shops to go to. Personally, I wouldn't go to Céline, Chloé, Chanel and so on... I´ll lose myself looking for vintage and I'll search between the 4th,10th,11th or 13th arrondissement. I think it's a shame to go to this wonderful stores like Chanel in a foreign country, I mean Chanel is all over the world, buy it at home! and if you are coming to Paris... well try new thing. I can assure you that Paris is great for vintage.
Odette, thank you for your honesty. You seem definitely "in the know". I will keep in mind when I'm in Paris next year.

22-06-2005
mmmmmm...fashion....

don't forget to get yourself something stripy at rykiel...

22-06-2005
fashion elite

Thanks Labeladdict2, yes keep that in mind. It's an advice from your french mate

taz
MUSE

have anyone been to the the 'bug market' in paris, I forget the french name of that place, they sell all vintage & antiques items?

05-07-2005
windowshopping

I just had to post this: (because I'm so excited)
I'm going to Paris on the 13 July. (Just when the summer holidays start)
In the moring it's my last day in school (and we are going to watch "8 women" (great french movie) and have a french breakfast in the first lesson. (such a coincidence)
Then in the evening, i'm already on my way to France. (I'm planning to spent a little fortune on vintage shopping there...) Hope I'm going to find all the good shops!! I already made a long list of things I want to buy there (good thing to do, during a boring school lesson)
Of course at least one pair of shoes, lot's of clothing and french magazines,dvds,Parfum and so on... I will probably not have any money left to go to a nice restaurant, but I always dreamed about sitting in a french cafe (with all my shopping bags next to me) drinking a cafe au lait, watching the people going by and start to feel like a real "chic french woman". (Don't laugh...)

Last edited by Shoegal18; 05-07-2005 at 06:30 AM.
05-07-2005
taz
MUSE

what about La Vallée Village's outlet the that is after disney???
any reccomendations??

06-07-2005
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by helena
Ithillien - yes a lot of the shops in paris do shut in august - but the big stores are all still open....so I am sure than if you are of a mind to spend money thats still a possibility.

Personally I think its great that so many european countries can shut for a month in the summer - I would love to have a month off. I am sick to death of long hours culture where holidays are frowned upon & its a sign of weakness if you take time off.

surely the girl on mtv should have checked before she went to Paris anyway - its not like its a really obscure fact.....
Does All the small stores close? And what about the markets, like Clignacourt?
This is bad bad news. I'm going there in the beginning of August....

06-07-2005
Swim Upstream

no ida not all of them and I am sure Clignacourt will be 'open' although its really not very inspiring for clothes (superb for furniture). Its been taken over by cheap crap on the whole.

I am sure you'll enjoy yourself & find plenty of shopping to be done despite it being august.

06-07-2005
Swim Upstream

btw welcome to tFS! Enjoy.

06-07-2005
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by helena
no ida not all of them and I am sure Clignacourt will be 'open' although its really not very inspiring for clothes (superb for furniture). Its been taken over by cheap crap on the whole.

I am sure you'll enjoy yourself & find plenty of shopping to be done despite it being august.
thank you. but about the clignacourt, people are saying so much good about it. when did this happen?
do you know any other markets? like porte des vanves, is that one worth a visit?

06-07-2005
fashion elite

It's a shame that nice stores are closed in august(just like in Italy, I couldn't believe my eyes!) but its holiday month. But don´t you worry that much because you still get boutiques and some vintage stores and if you're lucky maybe you get see actors from "Paris, je t'aime".

crossed wires.

This is a bit OT but does anyone know what happens in Paris on Bastille Day? Is there celebrations??

Naturellement pulpeuse

You bet. The French go crazy with those fireworks...

V.I.P.

Lucky Magazine
I don't know if this has been mention yet but the magazine Lucky (US) does a section called "shopping trip" every other month in which they list the best shops to shop at in a specific city. They have done a bunch in North America and also London, Milian, and PARIS. They talk about small boutiques, department stores, flea markets, designer boutiques, etc. I think its great, but too bad I'm only a teenager and can't go to Paris or London. Paris in Lucky's June 05 issue but it's not featured online yet on http://www.luckymag.com/cities/, so check back.

But, according to these past replies you're going to have to wait.

06-07-2005
Swim Upstream

FFF - i think there is a big parade or sth on the Champs elysees. but there is probably a lot more than that going on

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
paris, shopping