How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop / shop by city
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

07-07-2005
paint it black

I'm going in October and I'm planning on visiting:

Agnes B, Barbara Bui, Isable Marant, Paul & Joe, Vanessa Bruno, Zadig & Voltaire - everything french

and also

comme des garçons parfums

07-07-2005
taz
MUSE

is there a discount outlet for baragins for the brands of gucci, ysl, dior & chanel beside La Vallée Village's which doesn't carry these brands???

08-07-2005
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by taz
is there a discount outlet for baragins for the brands of gucci, ysl, dior & chanel beside La Vallée Village's which doesn't carry these brands???
yes, I am interested to know this too as I will be in Paris for a couple of days in September.

08-07-2005
taz
MUSE

Quote:
Originally Posted by FashionFix
yes, I am interested to know this too as I will be in Paris for a couple of days in September.
any parisians here to help us in this

08-07-2005
fashion elite

Lovemyboots, you love your boots but I love you, what a good website THANKS!

crossed wires.

Thanks everyone who's given input in this thread, it's great! I've just done alot of copying and pasting. Last time I was in Paris I bought a few of those pashmina type scarves, they were like 5euro each and well worth it! I'm hoping they still sell them now, alot of them were in tourist shops etc.
Hopefully there'll be some time to wander about and just find shops of our own accord aswell.

V.I.P.

fff i went in october they still sold the pasmina's dont worry lol

18-07-2005
tea time

there is the most beautiful jewelry shop down the streets from the Sacre Coeur which sells great reasonably priced jewelry

the street name is rue steinkerque and the shop i called Kazana

it also has a website www.kazana.fr

picture of some of the things i bought from there

http://cedricandfanny.blogspot.com/

Last edited by Elegance.Is.Refusal.; 05-01-2007 at 01:54 PM.
18-07-2005
tea time

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinceOfCats
You bet. The French go crazy with those fireworks...
yes and they tend to like to aim them at people sometimes

http://cedricandfanny.blogspot.com/
21-07-2005
backstage pass

i was wondering, ill be visiting in august, and the comme des garcons parfum shop was on the top of my list of visits. does anyone know if it will be closed??!

also, ill be staying in the 15 arr, but near the 7th, anyone have any reccomendations for shops, restaurants, etc?

Thanks

25-07-2005
front row

Going to Paris this Saturday and I'm planning to exploe the best markets... so which ones are the best markets for fabulous vintage finds?

25-07-2005
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iyemstoopid
i was wondering, ill be visiting in august, and the comme des garcons parfum shop was on the top of my list of visits. does anyone know if it will be closed??!

also, ill be staying in the 15 arr, but near the 7th, anyone have any reccomendations for shops, restaurants, etc?

Thanks
they might be closed. why are you going to paris in august anyway? it's dead - half the city goes on vacation in august.

25-07-2005
crossed wires.

I got plenty of scarves from rue Steinkerque in the 18th arr. so good for cheap shopping, and that little jewellery shop is great!!! 3-5euros for a pair of earrings, and they're alot of chandelier/beaded/coppery earrings that are enamled etc, I bought loads of stuff in there because its so reasonable.

Yep and those fireworks all the french stand there and don't flinch whilst ppl are lighting them in their hands and throwing them into crowds, whilst I'm ducking and cussing everytime one goes off, I walked about 100yards through a crowd and could of sworn I'd developed a nervous twitch by the end of it. I would definitely go again on bastille day though, there was such a buzz.

windowshopping

?
hello all. this is my first post
I just came back last week from my first visit to Paris ever. great & beautiful city but man was I lost!! I could not find what I wanted to find shop-wise (or club-wise either, are all the clubs secret or what?).
I did go to lafayette and printemps and I did find my way to the stores on champs elysees and also paul smith & vanessa bruno, but other than that I found nothing. shopping in Paris has always been my ultimate shopping-dream so you can imagine my dissapointment when I came home with basically a couple of bracelets and a miniature eiffel tower. anyways I am determined to do better next time I go there, maybe this spring, but I would like to be more prepared. do you guys have any ideas of where to go? are there any certain areas where many good shops are? I lived in the latin quarters and mostly found restaurants so at least I wasn't hungry.
I am not interested in the luxury boutiques such as louis vuitton and dior, I'm looking for more reasonably priced stores with clothes, shoes & accessories. also I would like to find cool vintage stores, I did in fact find a couple all by myself even (rag and whatever-the-other-one-was-called).

I would REALLY appreciate your help!

backstage pass

Love this post but I am a bit lost myself. I will be going to Paris in October (for only 2 days which is hardly enough time) but I need to plan out where I want to go to shop--I am staying near the Eiffel Tower (29, avenue de Tourville
75007 Paris). I have emailed the hotels but they don't respond to well-so most of you might know anyway. Well, I want good shopping of course and my friend and I are interested in the high end boutiques, Chanel, Dior, etc. But we also want to go to some shops that are unique to Paris and affordable. Any suggestions? That goes for restaurants or bars as well.
Thanks in advance!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
paris, shopping