How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop / shop by city
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

07-08-2005
front row

Bag?
Hello everyone,

I tried looking up the BAG (beautiful address guide) in Google and couldnt find anything on it. Do you know of a link as to were I can get it?

Also, do anyone know if the shops close in December for the holiday, or do they stay open?

Thanks!

07-08-2005
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by taz
is there a discount outlet for baragins for the brands of gucci, ysl, dior & chanel beside La Vallée Village's which doesn't carry these brands???
There's a shop called Le Mouton a Cinq Pattes at 8 rue st placide, it's in the 6th district. It carries last season stuff. I read about it in a lonely planet book, don't know if it's any good. I'm going to Paris in September and I'm staying close by so I'll check it out.

By the way... I'd appreciate a PM if anyone can recommend an interesting place to have drinks. Openminded people, fresh music, non touristy crowd etc...

07-08-2005
taz
MUSE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Princess
There's a shop called Le Mouton a Cinq Pattes at 8 rue st placide, it's in the 6th district. It carries last season stuff. I read about it in a lonely planet book, don't know if it's any good. I'm going to Paris in September and I'm staying close by so I'll check it out.

By the way... I'd appreciate a PM if anyone can recommend an interesting place to have drinks. Openminded people, fresh music, non touristy crowd etc...
thanks for the info. princess, i'll be there in sept. as well & before that in florence to check the other outlets.

05-09-2005
scenester

Must See's in Paris!
I'm going to Paris in October, and I was wondering what I really have to see over there (stores, musea, etc.).

-Hole "Celebrity Skin"

05-09-2005
Swim Upstream

merged with the exsisting paris shopping thread to keep things tidy

05-09-2005
V.I.P.

Guide to Gay Paris
Hi to all those about to go to Paris! This is my first post and I just wanted to give a few tips. I visit Paris all the time (being a hop and a skip away from London), and I just got back a week ago. I literally turned the place upside down looking for vintage stores, thrift stores and second hand designer wear shops. Here are a few of my recommendations:

Les Mouton a Cinq Pattes - (8 rue Saint Placide, 6th arr.)
This is a really messy store, but there are bargains to be found if you're prepared to hunt! It stocks last season designer wear. I found last season Ferretti for around 59 Euros a piece (everything seems to be either 59 or 39 euros). I bought some Moschino Cheap and Chic, Roland Mouret and also some Miu Miu. It's also right next to Bon Marche, where they're doing a New York themed womenwear section (lots of Marc Jacobs!) and they also have a really lush foodhall if you need to refuel. :p

Cheap Shoe Store (rue Saint Placide, 6th arr.)
Ok, it's not actually called Cheap Shoe Store but it's a really non-descript store that looks really shabby but step inside and there are shoe BARGAINS. Marc Jacobs, Sergio Rossi, Chloe, Dries Van Noten and Costume National shoes for 50% less than retail. Some current and some last season.

Free 'P' Star (8 ru Ste Croix de la Bretonnerie, 3 arr.)
The cheapest vintage store in Paris, I reckon (not an easy thing to find, considering most Parisian vintage stores sell high end rare designer finds) A great selection of Victorian blouses, dresses and lovely cashmere coats. My favourite part is the 3 Euro bin where you can find some gems. Nothing seems to cost over 50 Euros here so you can really stock up on some good quality vintage clothes.

Alternatives (18 rue du Roi de la Sicile, 4 arr.)
Another second hand designer shop. A dumping ground for models and upper class ladies. A neat little store with a lovely owner. A brilliant selection of shoes. Bought some Issey Miyake Pleats Please and a pair of Marni shoes. for less than 100 Euros. Very neat.

Kiliwatch (64 rue Tiquetone, 2nd arr.)
A kinda Urban Outfitters type store. Has a nice art bookstore at the front with new labelled clothing. At the back however, there is a nice vintage section selling women and menswear. Organised by colour, it has a varied selection at fairly reasonable prices.

Reciproque (rue de la Pompe, 16th arr.)
This is a pretty obvious one, being the biggest depot vente stores in Paris. It covers accessories, shoes, clothes and even homeware. The prices are not cheap but you're paying for Dior, Chanel, Hermes and Lanvin...well worth it if you want high end vintage.

I didn't get to go to La Belle Epoque, Come On Eileen and Dider Ludot, all noted vintage stores in Paris because they were closed during the August vacation period but I highly recommend them all.

Hope this is useful information. If you have other Paris shopping related questions, ask away!

My blog - Style Bubble - http://stylebubble.typepad.com/style_bubble/
07-09-2005
front row

oh hey,are u the susie that i know?gem's friend?

07-09-2005
V.I.P.

errr...yeah! who are you?

My blog - Style Bubble - http://stylebubble.typepad.com/style_bubble/
09-09-2005
rising star

when i went to paris, i saw a gigantic louis vuitton bag. highlight of my trip!

09-09-2005
trendsetter

Colette, Colette, Colette!!!

09-09-2005
crossed wires.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmEllie
when i went to paris, i saw a gigantic louis vuitton bag. highlight of my trip!
When me and Elegance.Is.Refusal. saw it we were like 'oh goddd' .... 'we MUST take a picture...'

Attached Images
File Type: jpg vuitton.jpg (244.9 KB, 10 views)

rising star

09-09-2005
trendsetter

09-09-2005
crossed wires.

Hahaha! three different photos, marvellous, thanks for posting...I find them pretty hilarious.

trendsetter

To be honest, I was just at colette a month ago and found it nothing to write home about at all.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
paris, shopping