How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop / shop by city
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

10-09-2005
V.I.P.

You're right, I didn't think it was all that either.

My blog - Style Bubble - http://stylebubble.typepad.com/style_bubble/

15-09-2005
rising star

Hi, there

I really need help. My cousin is going to Paris this weekend, can you tell me if there are any stores with Balenciagas replicas ? I know that in USA, there are some, and in London too.

* Raquel

15-09-2005
V.I.P.

Paris aren't really into selling replicas and they really clamp down hard on that stuff. I mean, you'll get the really blatant copies in some of the street markets, Vanves, Clignacourt....but no AAAA replicas.

Why get replicas when the real thing is not that unreasonably priced? If you go to designer consignment stores, you might even find second hand ones.

15-09-2005
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie_bubble
Paris aren't really into selling replicas and they really clamp down hard on that stuff. I mean, you'll get the really blatant copies in some of the street markets, Vanves, Clignacourt....but no AAAA replicas.

Why get replicas when the real thing is not that unreasonably priced? If you go to designer consignment stores, you might even find second hand ones.

Thank you. The problem is, that in Portugal you can´t even find "the real thing" in stores.

15-09-2005
V.I.P.

Trust me...there are bags aplenty at the Balenciaga store!

15-09-2005
GCc
rising star

the coolest and trendiest disctrict in paris is probably le marais, around metro station ETIENNE MARCEL.
there are tons of small boutiques, with new trendy french designers and stuff like that. very nice.

then theres the 6th arrondissement - with again, small boutiques but more high-end - and rue de rennes which has the h&m, a mango and a zara all lined up.

the clubs are not secret. the best clubs and pubs and open terrasses are in the 11th arrondissement, near metro station REPUBLIQUE.

i always avoid going to the champs elysées when im in paris.everything there is so damn expensive: from the cafés to the movie theaters to the clubs (20-30 euros just for cover charge!).

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgrrlily
hello all. this is my first post
I just came back last week from my first visit to Paris ever. great & beautiful city but man was I lost!! I could not find what I wanted to find shop-wise (or club-wise either, are all the clubs secret or what?).
I did go to lafayette and printemps and I did find my way to the stores on champs elysees and also paul smith & vanessa bruno, but other than that I found nothing. shopping in Paris has always been my ultimate shopping-dream so you can imagine my dissapointment when I came home with basically a couple of bracelets and a miniature eiffel tower. anyways I am determined to do better next time I go there, maybe this spring, but I would like to be more prepared. do you guys have any ideas of where to go? are there any certain areas where many good shops are? I lived in the latin quarters and mostly found restaurants so at least I wasn't hungry.
I am not interested in the luxury boutiques such as louis vuitton and dior, I'm looking for more reasonably priced stores with clothes, shoes & accessories. also I would like to find cool vintage stores, I did in fact find a couple all by myself even (rag and whatever-the-other-one-was-called).

I would REALLY appreciate your help!

25-10-2005
paint it black

For anybody heading to Paris in the near future:
Samaritaine is closed. They are doing some work to make the security better (?)
Bon Marché has the best young department and one must visit Petite Bateau!

16-11-2005
windowshopping

Shopping in paris!
Hi!
I'm going to Paris next weekend and I wonder if anyone have any good shopping tips, perhaps of shops that arn't that big but with lovely clothes
all my love mia

16-11-2005
crossed wires.

Merged with original thread...
there should be plenty of information for you in here noue, welcome to tFS...and please do a search before starting threads.

Storm & Sommer

http://www.thefashionspot.com/forums...aris-5626.html

Hi Mia and welcome to tFS ! The above link is where you should be asking your question, please remember to do a search before you make a new thread in the future

16-11-2005
Storm & Sommer

lol fff you beat me too it!

16-11-2005
crossed wires.

En guarde!

scenester

I'm so glad I saw this, I was going to start a thread on the exact same thing... I'm going to Paris in December and I'm trying to find some store tips apart from the usual big names...

I heard about a store called L'Annexe des Createurs selling designer wear at discount prices. Has anybody shopped there?

17-11-2005
Fashion Icon googoo gagaa

Quote:
Originally Posted by La vie en Rose
I'm so glad I saw this, I was going to start a thread on the exact same thing... I'm going to Paris in December and I'm trying to find some store tips apart from the usual big names...

I heard about a store called L'Annexe des Createurs selling designer wear at discount prices. Has anybody shopped there?
oh oh i heard about that too..but dont want to go and waste my time..it might be like receprique(sorry for my bad fracias speling) which was beyond bad

09-12-2005
backstage pass

Don't know if this was posted but I just stumbled upon a great paris shopping blog. As a Francophile I love things that the French love and this is a great site for people who don't want typical tourist shopping spots (Colette, etc..) that only Americans & Japanese like. It's real insider.

http://chicshoppingparis.blogspot.com/

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
paris, shopping