How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop / shop by city
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

25-01-2006
taz
MUSE

Quote:
Originally Posted by travis_nw8
^vuitton famously doesn't do sales....
ok i see, thanks travis , ... i think they're the only one beside CHANEL, that don't have sale...i guess

Last edited by taz; 25-01-2006 at 05:53 AM.

25-01-2006
mmmmmm...fashion....

^both chanel and hermes have sales- it's all part of vuitton marketing- after christmas the george V store still had last summer's safari jackets at full price

28-01-2006
Fashion Icon googoo gagaa

I'm in need of a nice chic coat ..real coat..something that'll keep me warm in this freezing weather...i tried the 3 major department stores with no luck! any other suggestions?!!!

V.I.P.

^ have you tried balenciaga? i saw those fur accented coats from fw 05 on sale awhile back... they looked pretty warm. or you can get yourself a nice sable or mink coat

28-01-2006

how much on sale were they? Yes I dont mind fur but i want something young looking..which is hard to find!!

V.I.P.

everything at balenciaga was 50% off but i don't know if they would still be there... it's worth a shot though.

28-01-2006

ah thanks..I should go..im just too cold...do you know where i can find young looking fur? i tried j.mendel with no luck..

Has anyone ever been to woch dom? opinions?

front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by helena
Shops I'd recommend are

L'eclaireur (Marais & Rue Herold) - for those without fear!
Maria Luisa - Rue Cambon
Spree - Montmatre
Onward - Bvd St Germain
Le Bon Marche - Rue de Bac
Vanessa Bruno - st Sulpice/Rue de Castiglione
Isabel Marant - a few places - Rue Charonne nr Bastille
Colette - St honore (more for people watching than shopping)

there are lots of other cool shops but best just to come upon them - that way you enjoy the surprise....
Helena those are awesome!! for avant-garde shopping, Onward and l'Eclaireur have to be mentioned. Onward carries AV Hash, Margiela, Trosman, Antonio Berardi, Viktor & Rolf, Ann Dem, and lots more..and l'Eclaireur carries similar stuff.

I made plans for when I went shopping in Paris in December, so perhaps they'll be of help to someone?

the list:

1er
Maria Luisa (2 rue Cambon)

Colette

Costume National

L'Eclaireur (10 rue Herold) *apparently there is no shop window..you have to press a buzzer to get into this one i was told but im not sure, i never made it there, it was snowing like a m-f-er..

Kabuki Femme (25 rue Etienne-Marcel) Footwear & bags by costume national, miu miu, prada and fendi; suits by Helmut Lang, Veronique Leroy, Prada and costume national

2e

Kokon to Zai (48 rue Tiquetonne)

3e

AB33 (33 rue Charlot) carries Isabel Marant and some good knits

L'Habilleur (22 rue de Poitou) for Dries, John Richmond, Plein Sud, Martine Sitbon, Patrick Cox. I read in a guide book "all the pices, which are end of line or off the catwalk, are 50% to 70% off"

4e
another L'Eclaireur location (3 rue des Rosiers)

6e

Onward (147 Boulevard St Germain) for ann dem, boudicca, viktor & rolf, av hash, bruno pieters, etc

Isabel Marant (1 rue jacob)

Mona (17 rue bonaparte) carries shoes by pierre hardy, lanvin, chloe, mcqueen etc and clothing by lanvin, chloe, etc.

7e

Iris (28 rue de Grenelle) for a shoe selection..I think it may be comparable to that of Jeffrey NYC but im not sure..I always see it cited as the source of shoes for spreads in French magazines..for ex. chloe shoes, etc.

Irie Wash (8 rue du Pre-aux-Clercs) a japanese designer "whose search for new methos and materials includes laser cutting, hologram prints, and a mix of polyester and elastane, such as ultra supple suede" very decent price points, a dress for ex. for 190 euros

8e

Balenciaga

11e

another Isabel Marant location (16 rue de Charonne or 3 passage St. Sebastien)

18e

Spree (16 rue de la Vieuville) carries CdG, Eley Kishimoto, and Isabel Marant etc.

lol..So i really hope that helps out some people. Other stores i would ABSOLUTELY recommend are Galleries Lafayette and Printemps. I wanted to go to Zadig & Voltaire as well..very pretty, feminine things and gorgeous bags. Hugo Boss too since it is so hard to find women's boss stuff in places other than big cities.

I have a couple questions myself..

I'm wondering where to find Rick Owens stuff? I know he is located in Paris, but I didn't come across his clothes. Granted, my shopping was cut short by the weather and a very impatient French boyfriend...I would love to know where to find it though for future reference.

Also, is there a difference between Printemps and Galleries Lafayette as there is between Barneys and Bergdorfs in terms of how many avant garde designers they carry? Or is there perhaps a small "dept store" that parallels Jeffrey NYC?

Thanks a million and hope I simplified the planning process for some of you!!!

Elsa

28-01-2006

Le bon Marche has rick owens..and im not sure but i think maria luisa has some too....
printemps for sure in my opinion has better stuff clothes wise...they have balenciaga,marni,stella,AnnD,dsquared and alot of other designers tht lafayette doesnt have..also check out le bon marche..less crowded than both other dep..better organised and has a nice selection from balenciaga,cdg,jill sander,chloe,westwood,owens,marni and much more...
deff better than printemps and gallaries imo

trendsetter

Does Colette have a sale...and if so, dates anyone?

28-01-2006
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNiQFashionista
Le bon Marche has rick owens..and im not sure but i think maria luisa has some too....
printemps for sure in my opinion has better stuff clothes wise...they have balenciaga,marni,stella,AnnD,dsquared and alot of other designers tht lafayette doesnt have..also check out le bon marche..less crowded than both other dep..better organised and has a nice selection from balenciaga,cdg,jill sander,chloe,westwood,owens,marni and much more...
deff better than printemps and gallaries imo
thanks uniqfashionista

28-01-2006
desire, undefined

Quote:
Originally Posted by nr9dream
Officially it's from jan. 11 until feb. 21
i'm going to paris on the february 12-17. if we're being realistic, will there be anything good (actually, just anything) left on sale? will the new collections be in? ..also, do chloé, marni and miu have their sales for this (very long) period as well?

anyone know a store in paris that i can find good dog wear? I cant take my puppy out cuz its too cold..i want a cute and warm jacket..it is paris im surprised i havnt come across any good pet stores!!

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mettchen
i'm going to paris on the february 12-17. if we're being realistic, will there be anything good (actually, just anything) left on sale? will the new collections be in? ..also, do chloé, marni and miu have their sales for this (very long) period as well?

i don't know about the sales, but the stores are already starting to get in the spring/summer collections.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
paris, shopping