How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop / shop by city
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

15-06-2004
V.I.P.

Thats sounds like a good tip !! Thank u ! is it in english or frnace cos my french is not realy that good ! lol

15-06-2004
Swim Upstream

Quote:
Originally posted by tiamaria@Jun 15th, 2004 - 11:05 am
I am going shopping in paris 4 a long weekend in october and was wondering if u knew of ne gud shops there ?? plz help thnx
what kind of shops do you like to visit? do you like the high end stores or do you like to find little interesting shops selling unusual labels or vintage...? it really depends on what you like.

15-06-2004
V.I.P.

there is a thread on this already, do a search please.

15-06-2004
desire, undefined

Quote:
Originally posted by tiamaria@Jun 15th, 2004 - 11:10 am
Thats sounds like a good tip !! Thank u ! is it in english or frnace cos my french is not realy that good ! lol
You're welcome I'll correct myself though. BAG is for Beautiful Adress Guide. It's both in French and English.

within an embrace

Also check out the major department stores - Galarie Lafayette and La Samaritaine (the latter of which has some really funky jewellery ...well, it did when I was there. They were earrings made out of lace and stiffened into various shapes. I coveted the ones shaped like wings, but I couldn't get them...alas, and I don't remember the designer)

But definitely the HQs of the major brands. Also check out the Sephora on the Champs Elysees.

18-06-2004
rising star

I was there in April, and stayed in the St. Germain area. The shops on and around Rue De Four (sp??) were great!

29-07-2004
rising star

Hey guys,

I am new here to this board. My husband, 16 month old baby, and I are going to Paris and London next month. I am holding out buying my fall and winter wardrobe until I get to Paris.

Here is what I want.....can you help me find it?

1. Cost equivilant and comparable style to Anthropologie, Urban Outfitters, Banana Republic, etc. (Responsible mom now....can't blow all the cash)
2. Clothes that are cute and flirty but not ridiculous for a mom to wear (nothing dry clean only or something making me look like I am trying to dress younger...I am 27)
3. Clothes flattering to tall and somewhat curvy figure. (American size 8)
4. Shoes, shoes, shoes, please!
5. Bags, bags, bags, please!

Suggestions?

Thanks in advance!
Nathalie

05-08-2004
tfs star

Please don't tell me to look elsewhere, I'd really like a current collection of suggestions for my trip in September, as I really value all of your opinions.

I'd like some shopping and eating ideas, as well as touristy recommendations, ie the Louvre, or anything else you would like to suggest.

Thankyou!

05-08-2004
V.I.P.

Why don't you want to look elsewhere? It's been covered two, three times in the past year....

08-08-2004
trendsetter

Champ Eleysee (cant remember the spelling) for the shopping, hanging out and restaurants.

09-08-2004
desire, undefined

I'd recommend the magazine (as mentioned in another thread as well) BAG for shopping. There's maps in it and it's easy to find the good shops There's a lot of vintage and secondhand shops in it as well (my own favorite is Kiliwatch on Rue Tiquetonne). You have to see Colette and l'Eclaireur (especially the one on Rue Herold is ) and take a walk down Rue de Faubourg St. Honoré and Rue St. Honoré and enjoy all the beautiful shops. I'm not really so good on the dining places, but there's a very nice atmosphere if you into the quarter between the Seine and Boulevard St. Germain, where loads and loads of small and cosy restaurants are situated. If you want to do something a little more fance I'd go to Buddha Bar (my own personal fave) which is situated between Place de la Concorde and Rue de Faubourg St. Honoré (or maybe just Rue St. Honoré, sorry, don't remember). At least I remember it's very close to Hermès store and I guess it's easy to look up on the net.

Well, This is at least where I'm going when I'm in to Paris, tho I find new places all the time. Enjoy your trip.

windowshopping

As far as shopping i would avoid Avenue des Champs-Elysees, it's filled with boring stores you can find anywhere (sephora etc.). Same goes for Galeries Lafayette. There is this cool consigment shop but i'm going blank, if i remember the name i'll post it. Rue de Faubourg St. Honoré is where all the high end shops are. Everyone seems to love Collette, i think it's ok for the super trendy items. As far as tourist attractions, i'm sure you can figure those out (for museums of course you have to go to the louvre, Pompidou is also fun etc. ) Stroll through the parks etc. It's a gorgeous city, you can lose yourself for days just wandering around aimlessly.

09-08-2004
tfs star

Thank you so much for your replies!

11-08-2004
trendsetter

OK. Going to Paris for weekend next week. Pretend budget is not an option. Looking for tips on stuff I could buy. I am likely to be going to the following stores:-

1. Colette
2. Comme des Garcons
3. Gallarie lafaette
4. Dior Homme
5. Bon Marche
6. Miu Miu
7. Y's.

If any of you have any tips from either having seen the stuff from these stores (in Paris or otherwise) or any other ideas generally, I'd much appreciate it.

11-08-2004
V.I.P.

I'd generally take a stroll in Le Marais, and I'm sure Helena will advise you to do the same. I don't know if you need shoes, but Stephane Kelian (on Champes Elysee (sp?)) prices are half of what they are in the US. Hmm, I don't know that much about shopping in Paris, come to think of it I always ask salespeople in stores.

I hope Lena reads your post, she knows Paris well. Also, search the forums, it's been discussed before.

Now, if you were stopping in Antwerp, I'd tell you EVERYTHING

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
paris, shopping