How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop / shop by city
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

05-03-2012
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stranger View Post
Does anybody know of any great vintage stores in Paris that aren't so hostile towards people that speak crappy French? Last time I went was quite a terrible experience

I'm leaving on Wednesday! Can't wait.
Yeah, vintage stores owners are a rather specific type, rather proud. But just remember to say Bonjour Madame/Monsieur clearly, immediately when you enter the store, like you're visiting a house. Then approach them with Excusez-moi, Madame/Monsieur, parlez-vous anglais? and you should be okay. The Bonjour is a biggie...suddenly approaching someone with excusez-moi is not enough .

I LOVE the vintage stands at Porte de Clignancourt...just go early on a weekend and stroll around all day. Otherwise, most stores in the Marais are pretty cool, they leave you alone. Free P Star is a store around Hotel de Ville if you like cheap seventies and eighties stuff. Sorry I don't remember any specific addresses/names but I think there may have been some earlier in this thread.Check it out. HTH.

Have fun!

Last edited by Melisande; 05-03-2012 at 06:48 PM.

13-05-2012
scenester

A new vintage store just opened last week rue de la Verrière. I don't really remember the name "Kilo" something and it's real paradise. Don't be sensitive about the staffs in some parisian boutiques people. Just buy your stuffs and at the end you'll be the beautiful one and he or she will only stay embittered.

18-06-2012
scenester

hi guys

i'm going to paris on the 27 to visit a friend and would like to do some shopping. can you recommend any places for handbags that are good quality but not ridiculously expensive?

thank you

Last edited by MorganaLestrange; 18-06-2012 at 02:42 AM.
18-06-2012
windowshopping

very good website with all parisian vintage shops http://thevintedge.com/fr/14-boutiques-vintage

18-06-2012
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorganaLestrange View Post
hi guys

i'm going to paris on the 27 to visit a friend and would like to do some shopping. can you recommend any places for handbags that are good quality but not ridiculously expensive?

thank you
Hmm...even if ridiculously expensive is Hermes and bad quality is Forever 21, price and quality are subjective...

I'd say stroll around the Marais. Not specifically bag-brands, but A.P.C. is usually good quality for price if it's your style, or maybe Vanessa Bruno.

And besides French bag brands, you can find all the basic typical mid-price high-street French brands at Galeries Lafayette or Printemps. Or Bon Marché. Sorry it's nothing original, but to give you an idea.

Last edited by Melisande; 18-06-2012 at 06:59 PM.
18-06-2012
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by strutter1 View Post
very good website with all parisian vintage shops http://thevintedge.com/fr/14-boutiques-vintage
Merci!

01-08-2012
V.I.P.

Not really a shopping related question, but what are some good and cheap gyms in Paris? Doesn't matter in what arrondissement!

windowshopping

hey guys!
I'm going to Paris next month and i'm so exited
I have a couple of questions for you:
1. Could you recommend not too expensive clothing stores (or brands)? like the french h&m, topshop etc?
2. I saw a french brand named "Toupy" in a store here which had really cute stuff but was way over priced.
Do you know if i can find it in paris? and is it concidered expensive over there?

Thanks!

30-11-2012
V.I.P.

I'll be staying in SoPi in 2 weeks; it will be my first time in Paris and I'm absolutely thrilled. I will be there for a full week and would like to make the absolute best of my time there.

I have 4 questions:

1- Which neighborhoods have the highest concentration of shopping? I don't like the idea of making a list of stores and hopping around the city, I'd rather walk around and see which boutiques catch my eye.

2- My budget for clothing will be around $1300 (TOTAL). Obviously I will visit designer boutiques just to gawk at them, but can anyone recommend any French equivalents to Urban Outfitters? Should I stick to the department stores, or maybe the neighborhood boutiques? Or are their great chain stores at that price point?

3- In case I'm feeling indulgent, are Louboutin's patent Pigalle 120s still available anywhere in Paris?

And finally..

4- Any tips for getting into CLUB SILENCIO???

Last edited by Fabulyss; 30-11-2012 at 03:12 PM.
11-02-2013
windowshopping

I am not sure if my question fits in this threat...

I was wondering if anybody could recommend a cheap and hip hairdresser in Paris who is especially good for a hair cut.

Thanks for your help in advance!

16-03-2013
V.I.P.

any recommendations for magazines?

I have the following list so far:

agora presse
le bon marche
arty dandy

would really appreciate!

backstage pass

Does anyone know where I can find Bliss spa products in Paris???

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
paris, shopping