How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop / shop by city
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

04-09-2014
windowshopping

Mouton a Cinq Pattes ...remember that from 20 years ago indeed! Will definately pay a visit Sept 25/26/27. Only three days I have and I wonder if anyone know of any sample sale or vente privee going on.
Going with the car from Amsterdam, and will stay in Montparnasse. Heard there are no stop lights at all in Paris, i9s this true? Should I( be afraid driving into the centre without any previous driving experience in Paris?

04-09-2014
V.I.P.

Who the hell told you there's no stop lights in Paris ? O M G I thought I heard everything about Paris and France in general, but this one is a good one ... Of course, there are stop lights in Paris (even for bikes !).

The driving is a bit aggressive (especially in morning and evening), but you'll be fine. Careful though, don't drive on the bus lane ! Parking is an adventure though.

But to be sincere, everybody walks, rides the subway or bus, or bikes or simply take taxis (I don't know the pricing in Amsterdam but I always thought taxis are expensive in Paris - compared to NYC, for instance).

You should park somewhere outside Paris (like in Vincennes, or Nanterre - subway line 1 - I would choose Vincennes) and then just walk around or use the public transports or a bike. But I don't know, it is up to you.

05-09-2014
windowshopping

Haha I now see that I have completely misread the article: http://www.thelocal.fr/20121004/pari...op-sign-police
Thats what happens when I dont read properly. I already bought a parking pass for a parking garage at 5 minutes walking distance, 50 E for three days and nights. Which is reasonable for me, as where I live parking cost 5 E per hour! Thanks for warning me about the bus lanes- it will be a challenge paying attention to the road with so much eyecandy around. In the netherlands it is the season for sample sales- was hoping to find an interesting one in Paris but had no luck so far. If anyone has a tip- would be awesome! Childrens clothes I am also interested in.

05-09-2014
V.I.P.

Oh ok. No worries. I was so shocked some people could say that.

Well unfortunately I'm not in Paris anymore, so I can't help you about these. But I doubt there are sales at the moment (even private) - these things are pretty ruled in France. Unless things have changed, this isn't the sale season in France.

Regarding children clothing you can find some second-hand ("high fashion" designers brands) shops. I always thought this was amusing that such shops exist nowadays. In my days (the 1980s) that was Jacadi, Bonpoint, catimi or du pareil au meme, and thats it ... I'm so surprised to even remember these names.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
paris, shopping