How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop / shop by city
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

22-10-2004
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally posted by softgrey@Oct 21 2004, 01:51 PM
paris tomorrow ...
[snapback]403676[/snapback]
Softgrey I hope you have a very special time in Paris. How lucky you are! Stay safe and have fun shopping and people watching.

24-10-2004
backstage pass

i know my insider's tip is quite to late, but i looove hotel "costes" in paris. it's a really trendy place, great bar, nice food (quite overpriced).
and i love shopping at "colette" (for sophisticated shoppers ;-) they also have great quiches at the tea salon.

24-10-2004
backstage pass

oops! edited d/t double posting )

24-10-2004
tfs star

I wasn't overly fond of Paris, to be honest - the architecture and history are intriguing and beautiful, but there was something about it I didn't like...

Many of you may think I'm insane for saying that, but it's the truth.

Every single night though I went to Sephora! It was heaven, I bought so many cosmetics! And Galerie LaFayette was lovely too.

24-10-2004
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally posted by saturnine@Oct 24 2004, 02:18 PM
I wasn't overly fond of Paris, to be honest - the architecture and history are intriguing and beautiful, but there was something about it I didn't like...
[snapback]405546[/snapback]
What do you think it was?

V.I.P.

My favorite place in paris is a resturant in la place du tetre called la mere catherine it has traditional french food, a good champagne selection. It is very homey and like a traditional french cottage, last time i went they had a lady singing adn an old man playing on the piano, it has soft candle light and pritty pictures on the walls. It just too adorable for words. I also love the louvre and the musee de orsay for all the amazing pictures in it.

24-10-2004
tfs star

Quote:
Originally posted by alwaysandnever@Oct 24 2004, 03:32 PM
What do you think it was?
[snapback]405549[/snapback]
I didn't feel comfortable or at ease there, unlike Venice where I went to next, which I loved! I'm not trying to compare, but Paris didn't speak to me, I'm afraid.

25-10-2004
flaunt the imperfection

paris SINGS to me.......

i love the d'orsay, montmartre (at night), la palais royal, la marais, l'arche du triomphe (we have a mini one in NYC at washington sq park and it's one of my fave things), and the eiffel tower...
i love to have a tea at madame tartine's at centre georges pompidou...

i love the pastries and the salades and the charcuterie (salty pork coldcuts) and the canard (duck?) and the cornichon(tiny pickles) and the fromage(cheese) and all the crusty bread!!!

hotel costes and colette are exactly the silly things about paris that turn me off...of course you have to do it, but it's always a bit ridiculous, but i find it's good for a laugh...imo... there are too many places in NYC like that to even mention them all...

i stayed in la marais on rue de sevigne and it was perfect...

i don't like the fact that it's very hard to find anything but a croissant for breakfast...

10-02-2005
scenester

Bonjour! best time and best place to shop at paris!
hey guys! well here i am again planning for a trip! lol anyone knows when is the best time to go to paris...something like summer sale...i heard its june to july...but any idea when is the best time to go where the prices are really really low and cool, anyone also knows where to shop...either for a good bargain or for a gud sale! lol

10-02-2005
flaunt the imperfection

i find your avatar really disturbing dragonlace...
i don't like it at all...

11-02-2005
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by softgrey
i find your avatar really disturbing dragonlace...
i don't like it at all...
If I see it correctly, it's harmless. It's the guy from "Office Space" beating up a printer.

On topic, Bonjour and do a search, this has been discussed plenty of times.

11-02-2005
scenester

so sorry.....that means to asking the question and to my avatar

05-03-2005
windowshopping

paris shopping
does anyone know of some new, trendy high fashion boutiques or shops in Paris? I'm going to P.V. and want to shop the stores as well.

Thanks in advance.

05-03-2005
windowshopping

Paris shopping
I'm going to paris for P.V. and want to check out the shops for women's designer clothes. Does anyone know of some new boutiques, perhaps off the standard list? I know Ave. Montaigne, St. Honore, the Grands Magasins. I'm looking for the less known and newer. Any ideas?
Thank you in advance.

06-03-2005
Storm & Sommer

Hi treschic53 and welcome to tFS,

There allready exists a lot of threads about shopping in Paris, you might want to have a look at those and add questions/posts to either of those:

Favorite places in Paris thread : http://www.thefashionspot.com/forums...ighlight=paris

Tips For Acquisitions In Paris thread : http://www.thefashionspot.com/forums...ighlight=paris

Shopping In Paris thread : http://www.thefashionspot.com/forums...ighlight=paris

Please remember to do a search before you make a new thread so the site doesn't get to overloaded..shopping at particular destinations are usually under favorites or the shop till you drop section.

pinterest : hanneonpin
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
paris, shopping